You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IAMMUDBONE

History behind the new US Captain, Markcou......

87 comments in this topic

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Hi all, just wanted to stop by and tell you about Mark Coulombe (Markcou gamer tag in WOWS), my friend in World of Tanks and World of Warships for over 4 years.  He was the best clanmate and friend you could EVER hope to find.  He was a mentor to me, not just in the game but in faith and ways to be a better human being.  When I would complain about other players he would always take the high road, telling me "maybe they are having the worst day of their life, or they are just a kid trying to do their best, or maybe they are disabled". Mark was confined to a wheelchair after being hit by a bus, so gaming was his great escape, and he practiced hard and was a very good player in both WOWS And WOT.  He got very sick right before the summer of 2016, and when he went to the doctor was diagnosed with lung cancer, terminal.  He passed away 2 and half months later, just not enough time.  I started working with Niko a month before Mark passed, but we just couldn't get it done in time.  His widow Su fully supported the project, and signed the permissions necessary to make it happen. But here it is, now he sails the online seas that he loved so much once again.  I hope you all get a chance to see him and think of what a great man he was, and I think it would make him happy if maybe the next time you get mad a team mate, remember what Mark would have said:)  And don't take your friends or family for granted, because they can be gone before you know it! A HUGE Thank You to Niko and everyone at the WG team for making this a reality, you will never know how much this means to all of Mark's family and friends. O7.

First, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Second, WTH are you talking about as far as "not done in time" and "sailing again"? Is your friend now a new premium captain or a bot in PvE or what?

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

First, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Second, WTH are you talking about as far as "not done in time" and "sailing again"? Is your friend now a new premium captain or a bot in PvE or what?

I think hes a possible face for a USN Captain in game?  Though a unique captain would be awesome haha.

Members
767 posts
8,357 battles

IAMMUDBONE, thank you for letting us know the backstory.  I am sorry for your loss, condolences to his family, and I wish upon them comfort during their time of grief.

It is good to see WG doing something like this.  A fine commemorative to a gamer.

~B

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

I think hes a possible face for a USN Captain in game?  Though a unique captain would be awesome haha.

Got ya. It would be cool of WG to do something like that. Another game I played in the past did something similar for a little girl that had played for a bit but passed (I believe from cancer). Was a really nice gesture on the part of the developer.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

I look forward to having Markcou command one of my ships.

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

:honoring: o7 

Its always sad to lose a friend I have huge respect for WG doing what they are for him.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Thanks for doing this, Wargaming. This is an awesome tribute. :)

Edited by poeticmotion

[FEM]
Beta Testers
3,276 posts
740 battles

It is our pleasure sir. It's been quite a journey and now, Markcou is a Captain. o7

For those who didn't see in the patch notes:

MR2wAsw.png

• Cool 41

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

It is our pleasure sir. It's been quite a journey and now, Markcou is a Captain. o7

MR2wAsw.png

Niko for president 2020 with his first Corgi

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

Hi all, just wanted to stop by and tell you about Mark Coulombe (Markcou gamer tag in WOWS), my friend in World of Tanks and World of Warships for over 4 years.  He was the best clanmate and friend you could EVER hope to find.  He was a mentor to me, not just in the game but in faith and ways to be a better human being.  When I would complain about other players he would always take the high road, telling me "maybe they are having the worst day of their life, or they are just a kid trying to do their best, or maybe they are disabled". Mark was confined to a wheelchair after being hit by a bus, so gaming was his great escape, and he practiced hard and was a very good player in both WOWS And WOT.  He got very sick right before the summer of 2016, and when he went to the doctor was diagnosed with lung cancer, terminal.  He passed away 2 and half months later, just not enough time.  I started working with Niko a month before Mark passed, but we just couldn't get it done in time.  His widow Su fully supported the project, and signed the permissions necessary to make it happen. But here it is, now he sails the online seas that he loved so much once again.  I hope you all get a chance to see him and think of what a great man he was, and I think it would make him happy if maybe the next time you get mad a team mate, remember what Mark would have said:)  And don't take your friends or family for granted, because they can be gone before you know it! A HUGE Thank You to Niko and everyone at the WG team for making this a reality, you will never know how much this means to all of Mark's family and friends. O7.

I'm horribly sorry to hear of this. I wish I could've met him, being the kind of person to look on both sides of the leaf and try and understand people instead of complaining about them. 

MR2wAsw.png

+1 want bad now. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

MR2wAsw.png

Ok, i'll shut up about the RPF now which doens't mean squat in comparison to this.   Damnit...how is it possible to utterly hate something so much for stupidity and then appreciate it at the same time for something else? What are these feelz?

H45vmJK.gif

Edited by Admiral_Ice
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

This awesome and wonderful man has earned and DESERVES this special immortality amongst his fellow gamers within one of his favorite games. A very special and awesome way to be remembered!

This jackwad on the other hand....

zbTTwHu.jpg

Edited by Admiral_Ice
  • Cool 7

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

Ahh.. nice to have a story to go with the short blurb on the patch notes.

+1

Is he just assigned randomly, or is he earned?

Looks like he is captain base_2_22.png in the USA crew folder.

He'll be a random captain face that shows up when you hire a new captain.

I'll have to make sure not to mod his pic..

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen
  • Cool 2