Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
eVa_Refuel

Akizuki HE pen changes (Interia fuse?)

16 comments in this topic

[TCF]
[TCF]
Members
299 posts
16,361 battles

So i saw in the patch notes that it states "Akizuki: Changed armor penetration for explosive shells from 19 to 17 mm".  I recall seeing several posts stating that using inertia fuse would allow the akizuki to then be able to penetrate with HE, the bows and sterns of BBs but with this reduction now to the base pen of HE, with inertia fuse will this no longer be possible in 6.0?  Any explanation would be appreciated.  My knowledge of pen mechanics is a bit lacking but I'm curious what this change will mean to akizuki players in 6.0 with this cap skill.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

It means your joke of a destroyer will remain a joke, unable to actually damage anyone except through starting fires.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

17mm * 1.25 = 21.25mm

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

17mm * 1.25 = 21.25mm

17*1.3 actually, the 25% was a typo on WG NA's part

With 22mm of HE penetration running HEAP, you should be able to penetrate standard tier 8+ DD plating (beware of Khab 50mm belt armor) and all superstructures in the game, plus tier 6-7 cruiser bow/stern armor.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I thought the Akizuki's HE was already set at ~17mm (16.66mm) of penetration according to the standard HE penetration rules?  If it were 19 beforehand, then it would be able to absolutely shred T8+ DDs with HE (sans Russian bias Khabarovsk), because they only have 18mm of extremity armor.  As of this morning, I've yet to see an Akizuki do that.

Edited by TenguBlade

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

I thought the Akizuki's HE was already set at ~17mm (16.66mm) of penetration according to the standard HE penetration rules?  If it were 19 beforehand, then it would be able to absolutely shred T8+ DDs with HE (sans Russian bias Khabarovsk), because they only have 18mm of extremity armor.  As of this morning, I've yet to see an Akizuki do that.

It wasn't 19mm exact, but some odd value that rounded up to 19.

It actually only had 18mm of HE penetration in effect, and all that really did was allow her to penetrate the Hiryuu's flight deck with HE.

[TCF]
[TCF]
Members
299 posts
16,361 battles

So is inertia fuse going to be a joke with akizuki?

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

What this means is IIHE was not meant for use on an Akizuki.

It means you should be using AP on other DDs. It means you should be using AP on CAs when they are closer than 9km.

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
539 posts
8,920 battles

it just means the ship will be sh!t like it is now when up tiered still as this ship is nothing more then a joke of a ship that shouldnt have ever been put into the game 

Beta Testers
207 posts
7,727 battles

As people have already mentioned, calculations done for Akizuki in regards to IFHE have been done under the assumption of 17mm of penetration, because that's roughly what 1/6 of 100mm is and thus what Akizuki was already supposed to have. That WG has in actuality apparently had it penning 18.5mm of armor (or whatever) is irrelevant in terms of the skill's usefulness. Even with the reduction, you will still pass the requisite 21mm of armor penetration with HE - enough to pen any destroyer bar the Khabarovsk, along with any superstructure.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

So is inertia fuse going to be a joke with akizuki?

If by 'joke', you mean 'really strong', then yes.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,122 battles

The change to 17mm simply brings Akizuki in line with the standard 1/6th pen formula. It will have no practical effect on gameplay, with or without IFHE, since there is no armor threshold you could pass with the extra 2mm of pen.

It means your joke of a destroyer will remain a joke, unable to actually damage anyone except through starting fires.

Akizuki strongest T8 destroyer friend :^)

I actually do more damage per game in my Akizuki than I do in my Atago. Kinda interesting.

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
539 posts
8,920 battles

i only do good in the ship when im top tier or dont have to deal with 5 dds in each team that are tier 8 and up. As of it stands in tier 8 and above match this ship is pretty much a joke in dd heavy games. yeah i cant survive by doing nothing all game because if i go out to spot im dead since i cant hurt tier 8+ dds enless they are stupid. It was ok when she first came out but now people go straight for you bow on and tring to hit the superstructer is a [edited]against a small [edited]dd who is murdering you why you sit there and try to run and get guttted. so yes this ship is strong when top tier but garbage when bottom tiered in dd heavy metas. there is is only 1 or 2 dds on the team its not as hard to farm damage but lets be real hear. in high tiers its mostly bbs and dds.

Beta Testers
117 posts
4,529 battles

So i saw in the patch notes that it states "Akizuki: Changed armor penetration for explosive shells from 19 to 17 mm".  I recall seeing several posts stating that using inertia fuse would allow the akizuki to then be able to penetrate with HE, the bows and sterns of BBs but with this reduction now to the base pen of HE, with inertia fuse will this no longer be possible in 6.0?  Any explanation would be appreciated.  My knowledge of pen mechanics is a bit lacking but I'm curious what this change will mean to akizuki players in 6.0 with this cap skill.

The 19mm was out of line with the general 1/6 calibre penetration formula.  17mm is what most players assumed it was in the first place.  Regardless, it changes next to nothing, especially in the face of HEAP.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

it just means the ship will be sh!t like it is now when up tiered still as this ship is nothing more then a joke of a ship that shouldnt have ever been put into the game 

My little friend is not a joke!  

Past two weeks top win rate and damage while tied for kills per battle among Tier 8 DDs. 

The nerf to Demo Expert from +3% down to +2% fire chance per shell will hurt, but she'll still be fine. 

Members
604 posts
8,367 battles

I used my elite capt. point to give Akizuki a 19 pt capt. and I try Interia fuse HE on her (A.K.A HEAP)

MUwwjOc.jpg

What a joy to use!!!..... For the first time, those 100mm HE can do some good damage against bow on ships (not as crazy as AP on boardside ships)

and because the HE can penatrate the armor, fire chance actually increased imo.

I think I'll keep this build for a while, and will let you guys know more on how this Akizuki HEAP do against thicker armor DD such as gearing, Udaloi and Khab.

Sign in to follow this