Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Fix the low quality graphics please?

4 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Played way too many games to not notice something that is well... different. A real PITA honestly.

Big friggin enemy BB oh, 12 km away... Iowa, Montana whatever. He FIRES on me. I see him clearly. I hit the shift key to scope view so I may fire my weapons. Just as I'm about to fire "poof" he's gone. He is traveling from right to left, I am turning to port. I pop out of scope view back to 3rd person view... two seconds later he reappears BEHIND an island. He's visible another second  and by the time I jump back to scope view he's invisible again. 

No dd, no smoke, no nothing between him and me. Of course when they disappear like this you lose target lock so your dispersion (it seems) is far greater without a target lock. I'm trying to get a lock on him a second time and a Khab comes jetting by dropping smoke so now I am hosed. I turn hard and get nailed shortly there after again by the red BB who by now has a cover of smoke. I then get hammered by DB, TB and die to torps. 

I have seen this in-scope, out of scope issue happen more than once and it always costs me big. I do wish the devs would investigate why it happens. I also wish the devs would keep some low-end computers around to test this stuff out. 

It really is maddening. tia

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Not trying to be disparaging, but from your oddly specific Iowa/Montana example has me thinking you are mistaking a poor understanding of spotting mechanics as opposed to any real technical issue.

A stealth build Iowa can get her detection distance down below 13 km.

The bloom from firing lasts 20 seconds, which means he will disappear before he's reloaded as long as he is still outside his detection distance.

That can also be long enough for him to disappear if you are in a BB and need to rotate your turrets to shoot at him.

Members
3,014 posts

Not trying to be disparaging, but from your oddly specific Iowa/Montana example has me thinking you are mistaking a poor understanding of spotting mechanics as opposed to any real technical issue.

A stealth build Iowa can get her detection distance down below 13 km.

The bloom from firing lasts 20 seconds, which means he will disappear before he's reloaded as long as he is still outside his detection distance.

That can also be long enough for him to disappear if you are in a BB and need to rotate your turrets to shoot at him.

I see this in coop and I can sometimes duplicate the op's complaint in the training room.

There is a serious bug when a BB can up and disappear on ocean map...and I'm referring to distances of about 14km.

Sign in to follow this