Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Bunyan_

0.6.0 Captain retraining question

11 comments in this topic

[Y0L0K]
Supertester
314 posts
26,254 battles

currently I have a 18 point commander on my Colorado. I would like to move it to my Iowa or even North Carolina. If I do it right now I have to pay 200,000 credits to reduce the cost by 1/2 or 500 doubloons to instant retrain. Now my question is...

If I move him over now... and they reset the skills... will it also reset my retraining? Thus making it a free ship transfer?

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,407 battles

just wait until after the update and save yourself the possible head ache

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

Maybe move him now, don't spend the 200k silver or doubloons, and see what happens.  You can always pay the 200k later to 'accelerate training' if it doesn't reset, so you haven't lost anything.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0K]
Supertester
314 posts
26,254 battles

I think if you move him now before the reset the transfer is free.Not 100% but 99%?:(

Well ill try it. and hope for the best. if all else fails. then I'm out 500 doubloons if it fails but thanks for some insight.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Move him now. Choose a retrain option, do one battle in co op. Every captain that start his retraining before the update will be fully retrained after the update. Was at reddit from a EU dev or CM a few days ago. The retraining jad to be started so thats why you need a extra battle.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,521 battles

Wasn't sure how the new patch would affect the 10 point captains that I received in the Santa Boxes that I have not assigned ships. I made sure to play a game with each one to get them going just in case. That way I know they will get that extra point even though I don't have a ship for them yet. But yeah grind up any captain that is close to leveling, get him over that hump and you should earn a free point on them. Assign your captains that need retraining and play one game with them after putting them in their new ship. Heck just do a Coop battle if you have several that need this. You really just want your captains not to have zero points toward their next level or towards their retraining. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Heard that too. That said, I've got an extra 15 Point USN commander (don't ask) and two tier tens unlocked that I never bought due to lack of interest in T10 gameplay/retraining a 15 pt commander at T10, but with this it's a good opportunity, so I ask, Montana or Gearing?

Gearing. I have both and like both, but Gearing is more competitive and it's just really fun.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I'm just concerned they are gona make the gearing worthless soon with the stealth fire removal that's been making its way around the rumor mill.

Then go with Monty. She's still a good and fun ship. I actually like my Monty more than my GK.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I'm just concerned they are gona make the gearing worthless soon with the stealth fire removal that's been making its way around the rumor mill.

Gearings ultimate problem is the fact that she is so slow, many ships she faces with RPF can track her down with ease if she is alone and has no ships near her to "hide" behind. Khab specifically...

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

I'm sad they ditched the 100,000 XP hard cap on retraining.  Now it's up to 250,000 experience just to move to another ship.

Even if you do 50% for credits, that's still 125,000 XP.  That's the research cost of Tier 8 ship, just to move a captain.

Sign in to follow this