Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

WARGAMING (soon to change name to Casual Gaming). I want to say thank you for patch 6.0.

39 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
486 posts
21,522 battles

With the upcoming update to 6.0, I would like to vent my frustration with this game

Mainly do to your blatant pandering to players who do not want to accept responsibility for being sunk who should instead take it as a opportunity to get better in there own tactics. These player come to the forums and cry OP this and nerf that. 

Your refusal to listen to your player base who ask why you are trying to ram Radio positional finder into the game.

The whole skill tree rework, in general.

Your attempt to make World of Warship another "Call of Duty Clone"

You keep nerfing IJN dd play, you are nerfing a lot of different  types of gameplay, mainly stealth, but I can speak with a little authority about IJN DD play.

The reason I am thanking you, is that I will take this opportunity to explore other forms of entertainment and other ways to spend my money. Entertainment which does not spit in the face of its player base, in an attempt to lower the bar for the casual crowd and water down the gameplay by providing more of a crutch to players who see whining and complaining as a way to validate their poor play.  I have played over 5000 battles and spent over $300 (rought estimate). I am not saying that I will quit entirely, mainly due to my commitment to a Clan I recently joined. But I will look for other ways to enjoy my free time. Once again thank you.

• Cool 3

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

You know, I was about to argue this but there is the possibility of missiles... Noob tubes anyone? 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
112 posts
4,579 battles

Maybe the missiles will be HARMs and anti-RDF ones. Give 'em to the DDs to counter the radar/RDF. Or make them jammers....

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

As much as I am resistant to change, I'm going to wait for the patch to go live before I pass judgement.

Edited by Sharkbait_416
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,653 battles

Hey WG, don't be too worried about the haters. I have over 5,000 battles, have spent easily $300 on this game since the start of Open Beta, and I am quite happy with all the changes - good and bad - that you have made. You would be more wrong to do nothing. Your efforts indicate you listen to the player base. Yes, sometimes I think you listen to the wrong end of it (I am a DD main a little anxious with recent and future changes) but you listen. For better or worse you try to improve the game. Content is flowing in with every patch.

Keep doing what you are doing. For every "hater" there is a "liker".

• Cool 8

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

Hey WG, don't be too worried about the haters. I have over 5,000 battles, have spent easily $300 on this game since the start of Open Beta, and I am quite happy with all the changes - good and bad - that you have made. You would be more wrong to do nothing. Your efforts indicate you listen to the player base. Yes, sometimes I think you listen to the wrong end of it (I am a DD main a little anxious with recent and future changes) but you listen. For better or worse you try to improve the game. Content is flowing in with every patch.

+1 Ditto
  • Cool 2

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I have to agree, dumbing things down further is bad ju ju

But how else can WG address the overwhelming multitude of complaints about bad players? It's not like they can force these players to improve. 

All they can do is attempt to reduce the effect of their lack of skill.

I agree that dumbing down the game is undesireable, but whenever you (not you specifically) complain about "potatoes", you are effectively asking for exactly that.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,300 posts
23,628 battles

This game started out great and has gotten better and better. I think the WOWS Devs have done an amazing job on this game. To put it simply I trust them. They spend a lot more time working on mechanics and balance then I do. New skill tree to me seems to add complexity and variety not remove it. Looks to me like we have more build options. Rather than "the ideal build" for a given ship we have more viable choices.

Edited by paradat
  • Cool 1

[SWRS]
Beta Testers
212 posts
9,024 battles

The only thing in life that is certain is change. Can you control the change, maybe yes or maybe no. If you can't you need to learn to live in the new normal and adapt, or not. The choice is in your hands and no one else's.

Now I plan on trying to figure out the changes but since I am not that good of a player in general, and I don't have a lot of ships at high tier once I get there I won't have any historical references on how to play other than what is at that point in time.

If I find that a current set of ships I own are no longer fun to play then I will sell them and put the captains in reserve until needed again. This is a game and since I don't own the company, yet anyway, I will learn to live with their changes as they come and figure it out as I go.

If at a certain point in the future I decide I can't find enjoyment in the game I will leave and find greener pastures in a new game.

P.S. - I have never played COD so I am not sure of the reference made by the OP.

Thanks

Row

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

This game started out great and has gotten better and better. I think the WOWS Devs have done an amazing job on this game. To put it simply I trust them.

I would agree, but I'm holding out to see what this "new weapon system" is all about....

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,300 posts
23,628 battles

I would agree, but I'm holding out to see what this "new weapon system" is all about....

Yeah I would love for this to be Subs, but it is too soon. I bet we are looking at dumb fire rockets.

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_artillery

Edited by paradat

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

You know, I was about to argue this but there is the possibility of missiles... Noob tubes anyone? 

THOOMP 

huehuehuehuehue. :trollface:

Members
853 posts

Defending WG in letting them release RFP something 80%+ of the player base is against.

So please may I have a bucket to puke in.

• Cool 1

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
486 posts
21,522 battles

The reason I made a call of duty comparison is due to the practice of current FPS games to make the hit box larger that the in game character. They make the hit box larger so it is easier to kill another player. Basically it takes less skill. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,410 battles

Good for you OP enjoy the other options Certainly this post will get WG right on to making this work just as you would like just for you

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

Missiles could add another level of complex gameplay...depending on how they implement it.  It could be another hard counter against BBs since missiles (along with aircraft) made such ships obsolete in history.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

With the upcoming update to 6.0, I would like to vent my frustration with this game

Mainly do to your blatant pandering to players who do not want to accept responsibility for being sunk who should instead take it as a opportunity to get better in there own tactics. These player come to the forums and cry OP this and nerf that. 

Your refusal to listen to your player base who ask why you are trying to ram Radio positional finder into the game.

The whole skill tree rework, in general.

You keep nerfing IJN dd play, you are nerfing a lot of different  types of gameplay, mainly stealth, but I can speak with a little authority about IJN DD play.

The reason I am thanking you, is that I will take this opportunity to explore other forms of entertainment and other ways to spend my money. Entertainment which does not spit in the face of its player base, in an attempt to lower the bar for the casual crowd and water down the gameplay by providing more of a crutch to players who see whining and complaining as a way to validate their poor play.  I have played over 5000 battles and spent over $300 (rought estimate). I am not saying that I will quit entirely, mainly due to my commitment to a Clan I recently joined. But I will look for other ways to enjoy my free time. Once again thank you.

Holy grammar, Batman.

Members
1,019 posts
8,525 battles

1 Ranter less in game, the better for the rest of us IMO :)  :popcorn:

Edited by Pata1985

Sign in to follow this