You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1el

This game meta for BB = blind + camping + sniping + no CQB

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
135 posts

To be honest, I like playing close quarters combat in high caliber battleships from all tiers. I like the way it used to be in Alpha and Beta. Most people played BB, that intensive, exciting, and powerful feelings have long lost since then. It was like experiencing two STAR destroyers engaging each other in close distance. Hundreds of exchange shots, damaged pieces all over the places. Now the game has shifted to a way more favorable to INVISIBILITY and ASYMMETRY. Torpedo soup, 0-dead zone CV manual 5x3 torpedo death trap, CA/CL jerking off in WHITE THINGS, etc. All of these just wiped out the fun of playing a BB. Lots of non-BB players will definitely continue calling this post trolls because they NEVER feel the same way as I do.

I sincerely wish WG adding a BB only mode.

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I brawl just fine in my Yamato, Izumo, and Tirpitz.

Stop posting on this forum please. All you do make incoherent rants using utmost hyperbole, that have nothing productive (or intelligent) to say whatsoever.

[ANZ4C]
Alpha Tester
325 posts
9,480 battles

I get into plenty of CQB battles, Tirpitz and Scharn live for CQB. I also find my other BBs end up and CQB often (Arizona, Warspite, Nikolai, Konig Albert, North Carolina, Montana, Izizuchi, even Fuso). You need to actively look for opportunities and exploit them, not wait for the enemy fleet to make the first move all the time.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

To be honest, I like playing close quarters combat in high caliber battleships from all tiers. I like the way it used to be in Alpha and Beta. Most people played BB, that intensive, exciting, and powerful feelings have long lost since then. It was like experiencing two STAR destroyers engaging each other in close distance. Hundreds of exchange shots, damaged pieces all over the places. Now the game has shifted to a way more favorable to INVISIBILITY and ASYMMETRY. Torpedo soup, 0-dead zone CV manual 5x3 torpedo death trap, CA/CL jerking off in WHITE THINGS, etc. All of these just wiped out the fun of playing a BB. Lots of non-BB players will definitely continue calling this post trolls because they NEVER feel the same way as I do.

I sincerely wish WG adding a BB only mode.

Suggestion:  Play the Mikasa in Co-Op.  Problem solved.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

I wonder if there's a way to not see threads started by particular users. Nothing Kaa1el posts is ever worth reading unless you have some popcorn nearby.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Brawl all the time in my Yamato and Iowa.  Amazing watching DDs sh*t thier pants when the smoke clears and there's a fire-breathing dragon in the cap!! Doubly so when they realize I'm secondary spec'd!!!! Or when the smoke clears...and there's my doppleganger on the other side...and it's game on!

Members
236 posts
2,361 battles

I actively look for close quarters fights with my Bismarck. Sometimes I find good ones but you have to be smart about it. If you rush to the first ship you see, you will likely meet your doom by island camping Cruisers who burn you down with HE

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,106 battles

My Wyoming and I say otherwise.

As do I and my New York, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and North Carolina.

And a bunch of ARP  BBs that I can't remember the names of.

Edited by JCC45

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,538 posts

Brawl all the time in my Yamato and Iowa.  Amazing watching DDs sh*t thier pants when the smoke clears and there's a fire-breathing dragon in the cap!! Doubly so when they realize I'm secondary spec'd!!!! Or when the smoke clears...and there's my doppleganger on the other side...and it's game on!

This is about the way to go esp since cruisers seem to island hide more than BB's of late.  It's the best way not to feed the DD's.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

All BBs in game can brawl to some extent. Some are quite excellent at it, the best example (in my opinion) being Scharnhorst/Gneisenau.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,660 battles

If you want to brawl in your BB - you certainly can. ESP late in games. You can even hunt dd's if you know what you are doing. BB vs DD is totally advantage BB if the BB has some idea where the DD is.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
814 posts
7,968 battles

My big problem with Yamato and brawling is it's secondary guns. They are nothing like they use to be when I got her. German BB's just destroy with fire range and fire damage. I get lit on fire 2 and 3 times just coming up to a German BB, And even when recently spec'd for full secondary combat, I had double the confirmed hits then normal but 1 fire....

I since changed back from the secondary build as it seems useless. What the heck happened to the awesome secondary's the Yamato had? What happened to the days a Yammy's secondary's could do 120k+ damage in a round alone? lol

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

You made it into a camping game by having neither the balls nor skill to bring the fight to close ranges. You want to brawl, earn it.

My big problem with Yamato and brawling is it's secondary guns. They are nothing like they use to be when I got her. German BB's just destroy with fire range and fire damage. I get lit on fire 2 and 3 times just coming up to a German BB, And even when recently spec'd for full secondary combat, I had double the confirmed hits then normal but 1 fire....

I since changed back from the secondary build as it seems useless. What the heck happened to the awesome secondary's the Yamato had? What happened to the days a Yammy's secondary's could do 120k+ damage in a round alone? lol

Nothing happened to Yamato's secondary battery.  The Germans just have better ones because their heavy-caliber guns use HE instead of AP.

Edited by TenguBlade