Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

F. Der Grose needs minor buffs.

54 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
259 posts

Ok so stock Bismarc has a main gun dispersion of 274m and F Grose has a dispersion of 297... Please just make her guns that little bit better. You cant hit anything with Grose.. I spent a match shooting at a Hindenburg 15km away while he was backing away from me. After 5 minutes of misses I asked my division mate in Yamato to just shoot him. The guns are HORRIBLE. Please Wargaming, buff this ships guns dispersion just a little bit. At least to Bismarck derpyness levels. :/

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

But...Freddy is already the most performant tier 9 battleship in the game(not counting Mighty Mo)...

It would be very hard for WG to buff a already very strong ship...

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Ah, it's you again.

Well you got what you wanted with this patch. Fire is getting nerfed and BBs are getting buffed.

But you want more BB buffs.

Hilarious.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,134 battles

Considering that outside of Missouri, FDG has the best stats out of almost every measurable category over the other T9 BB's.....she won't be receiving any buffs anytime soon.

[FDK]
Members
1,534 posts

Ok so stock Bismarc has a main gun dispersion of 274m and F Grose has a dispersion of 297... Please just make her guns that little bit better. You cant hit anything with Grose.. I spent a match shooting at a Hindenburg 15km away while he was backing away from me. After 5 minutes of misses I asked my division mate in Yamato to just shoot him. The guns are HORRIBLE. Please Wargaming, buff this ships guns dispersion just a little bit. At least to Bismarck derpyness levels. :/

297m ? You must be doing something wrong; Mine has 265m
Edited by Xwing_Red1

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

You think Freddy needs a buff?

*jaw hits the floor*

Just uninstall. Holy hell. 

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

thinking emoji 

thinking emoji

thinking emoji

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

LOL, the GERMAN LINE?  Needing buffs?!  Just lol.  People are vehemently opposed to the Iowa, MOntana and NC getting a few inches more armor, and those are losing ships. 

You want to buff the by far, and going away, best BB line in the game?  LOL.....just holy crapthats funny.....FDG is what?  54% win rate? 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Just because FDG isn't as OP as Bismarck for her tier doesn't mean she needs buffs. Wish people who played the high tier German BBs would grasp this concept already.

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,490 battles

No. I played through FDG and she is absolutely fine. Can't hit stuff at 15km? Move in closer. German BBs are brawlers, not snipers. My FDG gun accuracy is at 36% which is among the highest hit rate of my BBs, second to the Gneisenau at 39%.

Also, either you are exaggerating that you spent 5 minutes missing at 15km or you need better aim (or both). I do not expect many hits at such ranges but even with the dispersion I can usually manage a hit or two.

Edited by Peregrinas

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

Found the problem

German BBs are not snipers.

Get closer, or don't waste your time on far-off targets (that's for USN and IJN BB to handle).

Edited by Flametz

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

297m ? You must be doing something wrong; Mine has 265m

He's probably equipping it with the +16% range mod GFCS2, so his max dispersion is higher at the increased range.  That extra range is unnecessary, and the slot is better used to further buff the faceroll secondaries.

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,053 posts
548 battles

German BB's should be played like this . . .

YIQvHU3.png

literally how they play, only difference is rather then a sword it is secondaries. 

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

The only thing I don't understand about the FDG is why the reload is 32 seconds and not 30 when the damage is the exact same as the other T9 with 16" guns Iowa. FDG also has 1 less barrel compared to Iowa, so 32 seconds seems a bit off. Forces you to use the reload module to cut to 28 seconds at the expense of having substantially shorter range (20.6km vs 22+ on others) or less fast secondaries/better AA.

Other than that, it seems to be just fine.

edit:

Personally just use the 406mms though... 24 second reload is pretty amusing.

Edited by reaper_swpz

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

The only thing I don't understand about the FDG is why the reload is 32 seconds and not 30 when the damage is the exact same as the other T9 with 16" guns Iowa. FDG also has 1 less barrel compared to Iowa, so 32 seconds seems a bit off. Forces you to use the reload module to cut to 28 seconds at the expense of having substantially shorter range (20.6km vs 22+ on others) or less fast secondaries/better AA.

Other than that, it seems to be just fine.

edit:

Personally just use the 406mms though... 24 second reload is pretty amusing.

Because Sh!towa only has 6 rifles in practice. The moment turret #3 becomes visible in iowa, even 203mm guns will citadel you from 15km out. In other words, she's complete garbage. So WG gave Freddy a tokenly longer reload.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

Isn't the dispersion displayed as dispersion as max range? So Grosser has longer range...

Grosser needs secondary buff, bigger ship, more stability, more accurate smaller guns. Just buff secondary dispersion a bit.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,837 battles

The freddy is the easiest tier 9 BB to play in my experience.  Yes it is totally frustrating with the seeming shotgun shells but the secondaries do make up for it most of the time.  In comparison to the other two tier 9 BBs I played I like it far more but for whatever reason tier 9 seems to be an odd tier for ships.  There are a fair amount of dud tier 9s. (Ibuki, Izumo, Baltimore etc)

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Because Sh!towa only has 6 rifles in practice. The moment turret #3 becomes visible in iowa, even 203mm guns will citadel you from 15km out. In other words, she's complete garbage. So WG gave Freddy a tokenly longer reload.

That's funny... I do very well in Iowa too... and no, I don't get citadel'd like no one's business...

FDG bringing all 8 guns to bear puts it nearly broadside as well, it's very easy to land 15k+ salvos with those target profiles.

Edited by reaper_swpz

Sign in to follow this