Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sgt_Rattlehead

Personal Music?

8 comments in this topic

[NEWBZ]
Members
248 posts
9,896 battles

So I found some old threads about putting your own music in the game, however I could not find how to actually do it and i havent gotten any responses yet. so can you still do this? and if so, how?

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

It wasn't a mod, you create a folder in the game files and put your music in it. I just can't remember what the file needed to be named and exactly where it needed to go.

Edited by AquaSquirrel

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

like i said in the other thread I replyed to

1. go to worldofwarships/res folder and create a new folder name userMusic (with upper case M)

2. drop your mp3 files in userMusic folder

3. open ingame audio settings and select "listen to your music"

[WOLF8]
Members
900 posts
10,458 battles

Playing your own music is a bit broken in the current release.  May want to wait til tomorrow (0.6.0 patch) to see if they fixed it.

p.s. Just looked at the notes for 0.6.0 and did not see this issue mentioned.

2.      One of the bugs in version 0.5.16 is associated with the music customization feature that allows players to play your own music in the game. If you have the "Listen to your own music" feature enabled in Audio Settings and new tracks have been added to the /res/userMusic/ folder, the game client may consume RAM resources in an uncontrollable manner when minimized (memory leaks). When the amount of RAM used reaches 4 GB, the game client crashes. 

The leak takes place only when the game client is minimized (by pressing Alt+Tab or by selecting a window other than that of the game). If the game client window is restored, RAM is not released. 

The issue manifests itself in all display modes of the game client (Windowed, Full-screen and Full-screen windowed).

Suggested temporary workarounds:

- Do not activate the Listen to your own music feature;
- Do not leave the game client minimized for extended periods of time when the above feature is enabled.

Edited by Slammer58

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

Yes it is in the game, but honestly I find Spotify to be much easier.

[NEWBZ]
Members
248 posts
9,896 battles

like i said in the other thread I replyed to

1. go to worldofwarships/res folder and create a new folder name userMusic (with upper case M)

2. drop your mp3 files in userMusic folder

3. open ingame audio settings and select "listen to your music"

awesome thats some good info there, thank you

[NEWBZ]
Members
248 posts
9,896 battles

Yes it is in the game, but honestly I find Spotify to be much easier.

its kind of dumb but id rather play it in game because when i swap windows to look at something it stops playing the game music automatically, what i do right now is just use windows media player but then u got to get the volume just right so you hear both the music and the game

Sign in to follow this