Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
scruffycavetroll

Full reset for captain skills right?

11 comments in this topic

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

I'm assuming there will be a full reset with xp converted to the new adjusted levels when the patch is out?

Been waiting for the skill rework for a long time. 

Edited by scruffycavetroll

[-K-]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
628 posts
14,532 battles

"...so we’ve decided to convert the Skills for all Commanders back to Skill Points. In addition, we plan to slash the costs of resetting Commander Skills for a period, and you’ll be able to complete missions to earn the small number of Doubloons to cover the discounted price."

Edited by _Jayzilla

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Do people even read the patch notes? It answers this question and many more pretty clearly.

• Cool 4

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,844 battles

> Full reset for captain skills right?

Yes

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I'm assuming there will be a full reset with xp converted to the new adjusted levels when the patch is out?

Been waiting for the skill rework for a long time.

Do people even read the patch notes? It answers this question and many more pretty clearly.

If that's what you really look like ScruffyCaveTroll, invite me over. I can use a dumb brunette like you.

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
412 posts
8,554 battles

If that's what you really look like ScruffyCaveTroll, invite me over. I can use a dumb brunette like you.

​Well that's not very nice   :smart_fish:

But also lol

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

I will think hey have to do a rest

But will it be equivalent to the # of points I had before, or XP? Because that will seriously screw up my US BB commander grind.. Up to 14 points.

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

But will it be equivalent to the # of points I had before, or XP? Because that will seriously screw up my US BB commander grind.. Up to 14 points.

You will have the same points on any captain you have now. You cant/wont lose anything. If you have captains 16 and up, with enough exp on them, you main gain points.

[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles

This is being discussed in this thread http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/112264-update-060-downtime-and-patch-notes/page__st__40#topmost and there is some interesting stuff I thought it was just gonna be a point reset but it may end up being more than that.

No, that's why I'm looking for clarification. 

From Niko's post:

"Any changes -- especially changes as extensive as these -- can be a tricky to get used to. We want to make the transition more comfortable, so we’ve decided to convert the Skills for all Commanders back to Skill Points. In addition, we plan to slash the costs of resetting Commander Skills for a period, and you’ll be able to complete missions to earn the small number of Doubloons to cover the discounted price."

Notice he says converting the skills to points, not clearing/redistributing your choices.

From the EU website announcement:

"As part of the Commander skill changes, the skills of all Commanders a player owns will be reset and converted back to skill points with the release of Update 0.6.0. Due to the changes in the progression system, there might be some situations where the amount of skill points will be different with the new system. However, a player’s Commander will never have a lesser amount of skill points than before the patch. In order to compensate you for any inconvenience the changes may cause you, we are also offering the following offer and a series of special Commander-training Missions:"

IF WG is awarding the value of the skill in 0.6.0, then the possibility exists that your commander skill points may increase or decrease, however; EU announcement states that they will never be less than before - notice they don't say that it won't increase. We know from both the EU and NA announcements commanders with 18 points and 120,100+ XP will level to 19 and 16+ point commanders will stay same tier and maintain the commander XP accumulated for the next point, but nothing has been stated for any lower level commanders.

The XP needed to progress to your next point also has not been explained - we know below 14, each point requires more XP, so does that mean you still need to make the remaining XP that you had in 0.5.16.1, you keep your XP, but now have to get to the new XP required or will they zero all progress and you have to make ALL of the XP for the next tier? 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Stick a hook in your head, and swing from the ceiling, and you might make a passable heavy bag for her.

Sign in to follow this