NikoPower

Update 0.6.0 Downtime and Patch Notes - NOW WITH 0.6.0.1 INFORMATION

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

167 posts in this topic

Did anyone actualy got the million something bonus elite commander XP for having a (now) 19pts captain (that was a 18 + 120.100XP captain)? Because I got exactly nothing besides the leftover XP I had over 120.100

See you all on the seas may the might of the german navy destroy you :trollface::izmena:

Edited by Captain_Ernst_Lindemann

found a bug i was on fire and when i died from a ramming i went to spectate team mates and when ever i look at a teammate i get the outline that i am on fire still

Ohhh, Radio Position Finding is still in the game!!!!

Hold on, let me feast on the tears of the Destroyers.

Ah, yes, your anguish sustains me.

Now then, onwards. Thank God for RPF. My Missouri is pleased. As are my Kongos. My Ranger? Not so much. But eh, if it's endgame and you're in a Ranger, you're screwed anyway, And with a 13.3 km Detection Range, yeah I'm not that upset by it.

However, I do indeed love this skill. It will prevent High Tier DDs from ambushing BBs (Even Radar won't save me all the time), and it will prevent DDs from just running and hiding if they happen to be the last one alive. Your entire team is dead, go join them!

...If you can't tell I hate Destroyers. I despise them. The only DD I will play is Umikaze because it's Tier 2 and I seal club for days, and Derzki. Because who doesn't love 10 torpedos every 22 seconds????

You may queue the backlash from all the salty Destroyer Players. And here, I'll sweeten the deal. Destroyers deserved a huge nerf, and here is it. Thanks, WG! You my peeps.

----

As for CVs, I will enjoy the buff they got with the Emergency Takeoff and AGM2. But I do agree with what Homeboy said earlier, Saipan doesn't need this mod. A Saipan running AS (Sky Cancer) with the Air Supremacy Captain skill is no longer a Saipan, it's a Taiho without the strike planes. It's infuriating. I'm not one for CV Sniping, I'm not. I feel may the best carrier win. But if I see a Saipan, game on, get him out. Because I don't want to deal with his tier 9 planes. The ONLY way you can counter a Saipan is with Air Superiority with DogFighting Expert (The one that buffs the effectiveness of planes with tier difference). I feel that starting at High Tiers, you need to be able to deal damage. At low tiers, you can shoot down planes and sustain yourself, but at high tiers, you need to deal a lot of damage to be Viable. Especially starting at Tier 7 where IJN CVs have so many god damn Attack Squadrons.

Honestly, I love playing my Ranger. It is my FAVORITE CV in the game. However, I do feel that USN CVs get the short end of the stick, a lot. Do I respect Saipan Players? No, I don't. Do I envy them? Yes, I do. I'd rather take 2 fighters and 2 torps over 3 dives and one torp or 2 fighters and 2 dives. I feel USN CVs need a loadout rework. I'll take a hint from Steel Ocean here, and this can be applied to every CV in the game.

You have a certain number of planes on the CV overall, for Ranger I believe it's 72. I could be mistaken, been a while since I've hopped into her. So, why not give us the ability to CUSTOMIZE our loadout? Like, you can allocate reserve planes, set how many squadrons of each plane you want on the Flight Deck, etc. I.E., a Ranger could have 1 fighter, 1 Dive, 2 Torps, like Zuiho, or it could have 3 fighters, 1 torp, or it can go 2 dives, 2 torps. I realize that sometimes you're going to get nothing but torp squadrons in the air, but this would, at least I would hope, encourage Cruisers to stay near their BBs for AA Cover. Of course you can't go over the max squadrons for the CV, (Only 4 for Ranger, 6 for Hiryu, etc), but it'd be good to customize your loadout to something you like. I love going strike but I hate having 0 AA capabilities to protect my planes. Going up against another AS Carrier, I can be shut down VERY quickly. Just saying.

Again, queue the Backlash. I'll wait.

1. You took BFT and moved it up several places to share a spot with Vigilance? Are you TRYING to mess with AA builds for CAs and BBs? Both preventative maintenance and expert loader are the only remotely useful tier 1 skills, and they're still less useful than BFT. 

2. Radio Location was an absurd skill to begin with, and I would've hoped you'd listened to the feedback on that from the test server. It's a skill-less handicap skill that shouldn't exist. 

3. Why did you make catapult fighter a useless ability by limiting it to 90 seconds? It was already incredibly weak and easy to kill. Its long duration was its only saving grace. Now you limit it to a 90-second "pop" skill that isn't that effective to begin with? Please change it back.

Edited by Axiom808

this new update i hate i have 163 ships that i now have to spend several days setting back up after having spent so much time and money at getting them setup and use to playing those ships and now got to start all over and to have  163 ships and so many of the commander skills set on same level is very disappointing and it makes me just wait to quite playing it truely makes me very mad wg is ruining this game with these types of changes the only thing the game has done is pissed off alot of players with this b.s.

I'm totally trolling the people who don't want to read the wall of text. Pepsi still sucks. :D

as a Pepsi driver.... i just wanna say screw you haha:trollface:

Id already skimmed the patch notes and i thought id missed something...

1. You took BFT and moved it up several places to share a spot with Vigilance? Are you TRYING to mess with AA builds for CAs and BBs? Both preventative maintenance and expert loader are the only remotely useful tier 1 skills, and they're still less useful than BFT. 

2. Radio Location was an absurd skill to begin with, and I would've hoped you'd listened to the feedback on that from the test server. It's a skill-less handicap skill that shouldn't exist. 

3. Why did you make catapult fighter a useless ability by limiting it to 90 seconds? It was already incredibly weak and easy to kill. Its long duration was its only saving grace. Now you limit it to a 90-second "pop" skill that isn't that effective to begin with? Please change it back.

BFT is messed up if you put it up 2 tiers you should buff it twice. It should be 30% faster reload and 60% more to AA. DE got nerfed by 1/3 when it moved down a notch Jack of all Trades got nerfed. Taking BFT off of the first tier is wrong in so many ways for 3 of the classes of ships. It now costs more points (without adding more value) and its placement in the tree conflicts with the way ships were previously able to use it in a build. That's bad JU-JU.

RL meh won't waste my points to get it and whoever does gives up so much that they would be dumb to get it.

Catapult fighter is still the same for cruisers but changes for BB's? I guess CA/CL's planes have extra fuel tanks.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Did anyone actualy got the million something bonus elite commander XP for having a (now) 19pts captain (that was a 18 + 120.100XP captain)? Because I got exactly nothing besides the leftover XP I had over 120.100

I sure didn't. My Khabarovsk commander had around 400k XP towards the 19th point, and according to this:

If, before the release of Update 0.6.0, a Commander had 18 or more skill points and over 120,100 points of Commander XP accumulated for reaching the next skill point (the total amount of accumulated Commander XP was 1,661,000 XP or more), then, after 0.6.0, this Commander will receive 19 skill points, and the amount of their Commander XP will be the difference between the total accumulated Commander XP, and 1,661,000 will be added to the common pool of Elite Commander XP.

I should have seen around 1.95M elite XP based on how this is written. Instead I'm sitting at 288k.

The most likely explanation is that whoever wrote this was suffering from poor grammar, and that it should have read "...and the amount of their Commander XP will be the difference between the total accumulated Commander XP and 1,661,000, which will be added..."

My 18 point captain is now 19 points and I got around 400,000 elite captain xp. I had around 500,000 captain xp on my 18 point captain before the update.

Quick update for the.... Update.

With your help we found an unfortunate error in 0.6.0 release. All commanders in retraining status should have automatically received completed retraining with relevant ship specialization after 0.6.0 update. Instead, they completed retraining to the ship they were physically on before the update. We are working on the solution right now. Please wait for more news and don't rush any retraining. We are determined to fix this error and make retraining as it was designed within the next several hours. Be assured that we will take care of everyone whose commanders have been affected by this issue in the next couple of days.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

What has irritated me most with the new commander skill set-up is I can't retrain with ALL the same skills I had before the patch..... now some skills share the same level and it will require more skill points to research them all.

With your help we found an unfortunate error in 0.6.0 release. All commanders in retraining status should have automatically received completed retraining with relevant ship specialization after 0.6.0 update. Instead, they completed retraining to the ship they were physically on before the update. We are working on the solution right now. Please wait for more news and don't rush any retraining. We are determined to fix this error and make retraining as it was designed within the next several hours. Be assured that we will take care of everyone whose commanders have been affected by this issue in the next couple of days.

suddenly i'm glad i took the time to go through every commander i had and made sure they were on the right ship before the update.

there is a bug in the new release folks....I run a iMac, and everything is "Flickering" .....played til 12 or so last night and got up this morning, and started again, with the nesw stuff...all updated fine...went thru the new skills fine...started a game, and some of the graphics are flickering......very wierd....changed bunch of stuff in Settings, ( resolution - graphic- etc) ...and no cigar...rebooted the game several times....rebooted the 'puter several times, no cigarro.....going to reboot the damn modem and watnot now....will get bact inna bit...sure hope somebody can do something about this quickly, cannot hardly play the way it is....

and while I'm on here THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !!!!   have waited over a YEAR to be able to play this on my iMac !!!!!!

THANKYOU !

THANKYOU !

THANKYOU !

the OL OutLaw

I noticed something funny towards the whole Captain's points.  If you had received one of the 10 point Captains and did nothing but stuck them in reserve the lost no points, yet the ones you actually put on a ship and used I lost points.  What is up with that nonsense?

BFT is messed up if you put it up 2 tiers you should buff it twice. It should be 30% faster reload and 60% more to AA. DE got nerfed by 1/3 when it moved down a notch Jack of all Trades got nerfed. Taking BFT off of the first tier is wrong in so many ways for 3 of the classes of ships. It now costs more points (without adding more value) and its placement in the tree conflicts with the way ships were previously able to use it in a build. That's bad JU-JU.

RL meh won't waste my points to get it and whoever does gives up so much that they would be dumb to get it.

Catapult fighter is still the same for cruisers but changes for BB's? I guess CA/CL's planes have extra fuel tanks.

First off, BFT was 10% and 10% prior to this patch so it should be 30 30 by your reckoning, NOT 30 60.

Secondly, for a tier 1 skill, that was pretty powerful. at 10% just on Saipan thats 30 DPS vs aircraft coming in to attack it, which adds up pretty fast. Thats 20.6 to Cleveland, the bane of carriers, and not counting if it adds manual AA and the DF consumable that ups damage. This buff as is took Cleveland from 206 DPS to 246 DPS, which means 5 seconds to burn all of an independences attack squad HP, not that that portion matters with the voodoo math used to calculate planes getting shot down, but what you propose would be OVER 300 DPS which leads to-

Thirdly, this buff to BFT has alread significantly screwed over carriers, again, by buffing AA because it's still a go to skill. More so now that it screws over the already screwed over CV's, to which this patch really does no damned favors for their balance at all, but I'll save the details for that one for the actual feedback thread if one goes up.

It needs to be nerfed back to 10% and moved down to tier 2, or have AA dropped entirely/DP guns only and drop back to tier 1.

Yea i already retrain 500 doooooob

how long will we be able to redistribute captain skills; before it goes back up to 500?  Oh I read the time limit of playing around with Captains points.

Edited by Drill_U

To continue updating you all:

All Commanders in retraining status should have automatically completed retraining with relevant ship specialization after the update. Instead, the ship they were on has been displayed on the in-game user interface, if it was a premium ship. This is only a matter of how the information is displayed in the UI. If you hover on the Commander's image in the Port, you will see their specialization in the tooltip:

https://gyazo.com/a1a181aa60f809d8a283c63e197c62f2

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and we're working on a fix as quickly as we can.

All Commanders in retraining status should have automatically completed retraining with relevant ship specialization after the update. Instead, the ship they were on has been displayed on the in-game user interface, if it was a premium ship. This is only a matter of how the information is displayed in the UI. If you hover on the Commander's image in the Port, you will see their specialization in the tooltip:

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and we're working on a fix as quickly as we can.

I had my Chapayev captain in Leningrad and over night it turned into a Leningrad Captain. So I figured since I am going to have to pay; I bought a Udaloi since I had the credits and switching captains and skills. So I move a few Captains around; but somewhere along the line i did have to Do the 200,000 to train to retrain and 500 gold to move a captain to the Udaloi. I don't know if I lost out on 500 gold or not. 

Regards,

Drill_U 

Just credit 500 gold per commander in retraining and no one will complain.

"Clan tags will be visible next to a nickname in the Port: in chats, in the invitation window to join a Division or a Team, as well as in the lists of Division-mates or Teammates"

This may have already been discussed (and if so I apologize), but I have noticed that individuals' clan tags have carried over from WoT. Was that intentional?

Edited by Cpt_Griffith

there is a bug in the new release folks....I run a iMac, and everything is "Flickering" .....played til 12 or so last night and got up this morning, and started again, with the nesw stuff...all updated fine...went thru the new skills fine...started a game, and some of the graphics are flickering......very wierd....changed bunch of stuff in Settings, ( resolution - graphic- etc) ...and no cigar...rebooted the game several times....rebooted the 'puter several times, no cigarro.....going to reboot the damn modem and watnot now....will get bact inna bit...sure hope somebody can do something about this quickly, cannot hardly play the way it is....

and while I'm on here THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !!!!   have waited over a YEAR to be able to play this on my iMac !!!!!!

THANKYOU !

THANKYOU !

THANKYOU !

the OL OutLaw

what about this guys ?  ......anybody running a Mac having trouble besides me ?

thanks

Niko... You asked for feedback on the patch. I told you that if I wasn't happy, I'd make sure you heard about it in the form of feedback. Here's my first bit. None of the 1 point skills are worth a damn to a DD driver. Let me repeat that since evidently none of the staff figured this out from playing the game. None of the 1 point skills are worth a single damned point for a DD driver. The only one that is even remotely relevant is preventive maintenance and frankly its not worth having because any DD driver worth his or her salt going to immediately take last stand in the 2 point skills because its still a must have skill for destroyers. The rest of the skills are completely irrelevant to a DD. What the hell were you guys thinking when you picked 1 point skills? Based on what I'm seeing now, whoever came up with the 1 point skills needs a trip to the woodshed for a well deserved beating. So much for expanding the skill tree to give players more valid choices at 1 point...

Fortunately the 2 and 3 point skills are better or I'd have been handing out free pitchforks, torches, and KEWs to the mob right about now. Several of them are useful to a DD driver, however several of them are definitely over-priced and should have been 1-point skills (coughbasics-of-survivability, basicfiringtrainingcough).

On the my impression of the skill tree as a DD driver so far is really simple... The new skill tree sucks. Please give me back the old skill tree while you figure out how to add skills that are meaningful and give me additional useful choices.  Oh, and send whoever came up with this one to the woodshed for a well deserved beating. And this is coming from someone who just reskilled a 14 point skipper and found himself consistently choosing skills by the "which of these is the least bad option" method and "which is going to give me the most help for the points" method not "which of these do I really want" method.

I'll leave more feedback when I re-skill my cruisers and battleships.

Edited by jkirschy