Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
El_Judarino

Elite captain XP, the undeniably good thing about this patch

7 comments in this topic

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Basically this just gave me a reason to play tier 10 a lot more (I have no current 19 pt captains, but 2-4 that should be under the new system). I love my Zao and DesMo, but a lot of times can't justify playing them just to accumulate more ship xp that I'm unlikely to ever convert. Now I can use the tier 10s to grind more Elite captain XP, which has universal value.

Personally, I love this because I really like the look of the German DDs, but it seems that WG put them in a place where they desperately need concealment expert to function after tier 6 (probably even 5, because it's not like those pop guns are ever gonna get you out of trouble). 

I don't know how the rest of the patch is gonna go, but as a ship hoarder who never has enough decent captains for all his favorite ships, I do know I like this feature. I'll leave the feature fighting for other threads. 

• Cool 2

[D3VIL]
Beta Testers
79 posts

Really?

It's a joke. Did you look at the amount of XP needed for that 19th skill vs the 18th and vs the old version?

10 million XP for the 19th skill is ridiculous. Lets introduce this great new idea but then make it nearly impossible to get. So basically this is a boost for only a very very very few people. 

level     xp new          xp old

18      369,000         259,000

19   10,000,000       300,000

Beta Testers
462 posts
6,272 battles

Really?

It's a joke. Did you look at the amount of XP needed for that 19th skill vs the 18th and vs the old version?

10 million XP for the 19th skill is ridiculous. Lets introduce this great new idea but then make it nearly impossible to get. So basically this is a boost for only a very very very few people. 

You have that backwards. 

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Really?

With all due respect, the way I read the table, you've got it inverted.

It used to be that the 19th point was nigh upon unresearchable, now it's just a grind.

Edit: Ninja'd lol

Edited by El_Judarino

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Really?

You got those numbers the wrong way round. It takes 9,999,999 xp to get to the 19th point currently.

EDIt: Wow we all posted in the same minute. Damn ninjas.:teethhappy:

Edited by Super_Dreadnought

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Damn I just reread the table and you are correct. I don't know why they would have ever made it 10 million for the 19th skill point. 

It was originally intended to be basically unreachable (18 points being the functional "cap") as they hadn't yet figured out what to do with/monetize surplus captain xp after a certain point and weren't yet sure what the optimum balance point for total captain skill points was 

Sign in to follow this