Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
______AESTHETIC_BREADBOX

Extra upgrade slot for ships?

11 comments in this topic

Members
249 posts
16,381 battles

What do you guys think of getting a special upgrade slot that has ALL the boosts and those upgrades cost 4mil credits? so with these new captain skills a yamato can do full Secondary build and have the start of an AA build? or a Gneisenau that has an AA build and start of a secondary build? or cruisers in higher tiers can get concealment aswell as the steering gear mods? or IJN cruiser can make the guns mildly better aswell as their AA? the upgrades available are specific to tier as they already are. thoughts?

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,380 battles

No. More buffs? Nope.

Classes that need help: USN cruisers and IJN DDs.

Blanket buff to all ships? No.

• Cool 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,044 posts
32,961 battles

I agree that this would be too much, though I've come to the the thought that Tier 8 should have an additional slot, or something, to help with being placed in  tier 10 battles so often. The jump from tier 8 to 9 is ridiculous if you compare the ships abilities due to not only repair but the additional upgrade slot.

Edited by Spieges

Members
249 posts
16,381 battles

No. More buffs? Nope.

Classes that need help: USN cruisers and IJN DDs.

Blanket buff to all ships? No.

but I feel with the new skills coming that USN Cruisers have more potential in all honesty, most people had to decide between HE spam or AA.. now theyre getting to ability to do both.

I agree that this would be too much, though I've come to the the thought that Tier 8 should have an additional slot, or something, to help with being placed in  tier 10 battles so often. The jump from tier 8 to 9 is ridiculous if you compare the ships abilities due to not only repair but the additional upgrade slot.

Id even be happy with just a T8+ upgrade slot, thats more of where im referring to anyway but for fairness, it should be all around. it opens up a little more potential..

[HELLS]
Members
2,969 posts
39,862 battles

No. I just played three games in Random and lost horribly (played like a dunce) in cruisers, ships I normally do decently in. The AA on all three could not shoot down the two spotters I had over my head the whole game, sent up by the BBs that had arcs to shoot over the islands at max range, given that I was low tier in all three games. The CV drivers complaining about strong AA are full of it. The only strong AA cruisers are Cleveland and Atlanta (one I don't have). The RN cruisers are bad enough as it is, including Belfast and Edinburgh. The BBs are decent from North Carolina up on the USN side.Texas at T5 has terrific AA, but the other standards are weak IMHO.  And they want to nerf the AA on cruisers?? Destroyers don't have useful AA in most cases, and they want to reduce AA on DDs? I don't agree with this.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

It's a slippery slope to go down. T8s already have an additional upgrade slot over T7s. Whilst having an extra slot may narrow the gap between T8 and 9/10, it widens the gap between T7 and T8 significantly as well.

Members
249 posts
16,381 battles

No. I just played three games in Random and lost horribly (played like a dunce) in cruisers, ships I normally do decently in. The AA on all three could not shoot down the two spotters I had over my head the whole game, sent up by the BBs that had arcs to shoot over the islands at max range, given that I was low tier in all three games. The CV drivers complaining about strong AA are full of it. The only strong AA cruisers are Cleveland and Atlanta (one I don't have). The RN cruisers are bad enough as it is, including Belfast and Edinburgh. The BBs are decent from North Carolina up on the USN side.Texas at T5 has terrific AA, but the other standards are weak IMHO.  And they want to nerf the AA on cruisers?? Destroyers don't have useful AA in most cases, and they want to reduce AA on DDs? I don't agree with this.

Its not just the AA thought.. Im talking you could focus the guns and then boost secondaries and with the captain skills get concealment and secondary skills. think of he possibilities of a ship using a 19 point captain? its obtainable now but youre forced to choose specifically one build and then boost another.

It's a slippery slope to go down. T8s already have an additional upgrade slot over T7s. Whilst having an extra slot may narrow the gap between T8 and 9/10, it widens the gap between T7 and T8 significantly as well.

which is why I suggested its one slot for every ship but you can only use like the T5 slots etc. its the same upgrades you can get at T5 but you can get upgrades like both steering gears mod one and propulsion mod 1, or whatever they are, so you never lose propulsion and steering in a DD and you dont need to take last stand..

Beta Testers
91 posts
1,337 battles

I wouldn't mind seeing the higher tier US BBs and Cruisers get an extra slot. US BBs and cruisers don't seem to have a real strength/theme in the game now, maybe "tech" could be it - better equipment, more equipment slots, etc.