Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Why level 10 ships?

27 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
1,503 posts

I am a new player and now have three ships levels 6-7 (DD, BB, CS).  I play a non-premium account.  From the looks of it, getting those ships to level ten is going to start costing me some 'real' dollars or the grind will become just too painful to bare. So my question is, what is so great about playing at level 10?  What is the 'fun' factor?  I really enjoy the game and don't mind spending a bit of real money on it, but don't want to get sucked into throwing dollars at pixels.  Thanks for your insights.

[F-U]
Members
240 posts
3,458 battles

There isn't anything you're missing in terms of game play, you just simply get access to bigger, better ships. On the other hand, the playstyle in those higher tiers is almost entirely different than what you are experiencing now which you may not even care for. There is no rush though if the grind begins to bore you you can always pick up weekend premium specials if you wanted to be cautious of getting sucked into the spending trap.

[TOD]
Members
188 posts
3,784 battles

You will begin earning higher XP rates as you get into tier VII, VIII, and IX, so the grind is not as bad as it looks. For me it's harder to get the credits than the XP.

The playstyle at Tier I is significantly different than at tier V, and both significantly different than tier X, so, you just have to get the experience and find out what suits you.

To me, tier V-VII is the sweet spot.

Good luck. I wish you the best and hope to see you on the high seas soon.

Edited by TRevWhite

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

For me? Yamato is a very fun ship and I enjoy high tier battles. Also the completionist factor. I'm on the cusp of getting GK as well, and I will likely go for Zao next. Really don't see why people hate T10 battles so much, aside from the higher concentration of loudmouths that insist on proving that those who talk a big game are doing what they are best at. 

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

Plenty of great keep worthy ships below T10. Mostly tier 10 is just to say you've gotten there. 

Even after I got to 10 (and I always make $ at 10), I play mostly 5-7s still because that's where the game is most enjoyable.

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

For me? Yamato is a very fun ship and I enjoy high tier battles. Also the completionist factor. I'm on the cusp of getting GK as well, and I will likely go for Zao next. Really don't see why people hate T10 battles so much, aside from the higher concentration of loudmouths that insist on proving that those who talk a big game are doing what they are best at. 

I love playing the GK. Yesterday I deleted an Iowa in a single salvo, it was very satisfying.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I love playing the GK. Yesterday I deleted an Iowa in a single salvo, it was very satisfying.

That always feels good. Poor poor Iowa. 

Members
436 posts

1) I wish they would of did the ship ranks different in this game. Make people play threw the ranks from a DD up to a battleships. Instead of teirs you would have levels like the Izumo would be lvl 90. Branch off the ship trees to make since and force people to play threw the correct ranks. 

2) BB's should have more hit power in their shells

3) Be able to join game rooms by choice and level of your ship. 

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

That always feels good. Poor poor Iowa. 

Best part is that he had no idea I was there. I was hidden in smoke a few KM away. He rounded the island, I turned off secondaries, and he broadsided the smoke, unaware of the danger lurking within. Then? SURPRISE KURFURST :trollface:

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Great, let's just go ahead and buff the best performing class even more! That's a great idea! /s

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,817 battles

T10 is costly

T10 is fun

T10 is fast

and its a heck of grind.

is it worth it?

I play T5 more than any other because of cost, although this past week it has been a lot of T8 so I could help friends complete their missions and other activities.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,410 battles

no one is forced to go to any tier higher than they care to and yes passed tier 7 it does get quite a bit more expensive. If you do not want to spend any money on premium time or other premium content then don't but please do feel free to enjoy what ever level you care to advance to

[BB_59]
Members
855 posts
3,396 battles

Well, you do get access to a couple very iconic ships if you care about that. For me, as soon as I saw the Midway and Yamato, I knew I had to get them.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

1) I wish they would of did the ship ranks different in this game. Make people play threw the ranks from a DD up to a battleships. 

The intent in this game is to make all ships viable and important at all levels of play. If you've done the Alaska grind in NF, that's something to be avoided when designing a game.

In NF, DDs are unimportant in high-level games, and BBs are non-existent in low-level games.

The tier system we use allows more interesting combined-arms combat at ALL levels. Plus, it makes min-maxing less of a thing.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

OP, I'm in the same situation as you. My take on it is, I actively grind up to Tier 7, Tier 8 on a few lines where I actively want the ships.

Other than that, it's just a matter of "I get there when I get there, if I get there."

It depends on how you play. If you enjoy playing ships after they're elited, then you can ignore the grind.

Members
11 posts
175 battles

1) I wish they would of did the ship ranks different in this game. Make people play threw the ranks from a DD up to a battleships. Instead of teirs you would have levels like the Izumo would be lvl 90. Branch off the ship trees to make since and force people to play threw the correct ranks. 

3) Be able to join game rooms by choice and level of your ship. 

I'd grammar Nazi, but I don't even know where to start. If I get good hits, my battleship can already 2 volley a cruiser. Their guns hit hard enough already.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

Personally I play tier 9/10 ships because of combination of high base XP they get plus the 100% permanent camo.  That translates to high captain XP (soon to be elite captain XP) and free XP gains (especially with Papa Papa flags).  Other tiers (8 and below) can't match these levels of XP rates, not without using some sort of promotional camouflage and serious effort anyway.

Members
236 posts
2,361 battles

There is nothing special about a tier 10 ship. Most people don't like high tier gameplay either because its super campy.

The best gameplay is found between tiers 5-8 IMHO.....Play and have fun and don't worry about having a tier 10 ship because chances are once you have it you will hardly play it

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,649 battles

I'd grammar Nazi, but I don't even know where to start. If I get good hits, my battleship can already 2 volley a cruiser. Their guns hit hard enough already.

I'd recommend Auschwitz for grammer like that.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

you will fail your way to t10  quick enough.  :D      Heck,  just about every line I have is at 8 or higher (except KM DD)    with several at 9 and one 10.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

If you do it right it makes since.

AZJ3imJ.png

Your spelling is horrid. It's awful. Horrendous. Horrible. Terrifying. Terrible. Etc, etc, etc.

Members
1,650 posts
1,608 battles

I don't believe tier 10 is worth it at all - you're basically obligated to buy the premium camo to make it work (unless you're just stupidly lucky with MM), the gameplay itself is nothing special, and the maps are FAR worse than what you see at tier 5-7. Unless there's a ship that you really covet in those higher brackets, preserve your sanity and just sit pat. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I am a new player and now have three ships levels 6-7 (DD, BB, CS).  I play a non-premium account.  From the looks of it, getting those ships to level ten is going to start costing me some 'real' dollars or the grind will become just too painful to bare. So my question is, what is so great about playing at level 10?  What is the 'fun' factor?  I really enjoy the game and don't mind spending a bit of real money on it, but don't want to get sucked into throwing dollars at pixels.  Thanks for your insights.

Why tier 10?

For one, it's satisfying taking large chunks off big boats, clan wars is coming soon(I wanted to have 2 tier 10s of every vehicle type before they hit, but I have 3 BBs and 2 DDs instead), the people I div with like tier 10s,and they have a higher skill floor to play profitably. I like having a challenge

Sign in to follow this