You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Quit complaining about RDF

101 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

Let's call it what it is.  It's a cruiser buff.  Since when are cruisers so OP that people complain about buffing them.  They ought to give this skill to USN cruisers for free.

Battleships aren't going to take it.  There are far far more important things to take.  Any smart BB captain has a long list of skills that will add value to their game, ahead of this, highly situationally-useful skill.

Cruisers are the real beneficiaries here, with the speed, and reload time to take advantage of this skill.  Plus DDs can use it to avoid surprise cruiser attacks.  So basically, the people complaining about this skill, are the ones most likely to use it.

Edited by TheDreadnought
  • Cool 9

[5D6]
[5D6]
Members
693 posts
18,925 battles

Yep. I hope RPF makes a lot of these crying potatos quit the game. The toxicity in chat will go down very quickly. :)

• Cool 1

Members
853 posts

its not a cruiser buff, its a buff for BB's who will less likely get surprise torpedo by cruisers and dd's with low concealment...

same goes for CV. so less sneak attacking for destroyers, ow my another destroyer nerf to cater the potatoes that dont wsad...

WG if you ever need money? hosting an IRL event and make sure to place a dunk-booth with the dev who made this up sitting on the board.

edit: frankly the two posters above me are almost pure BB players... what a shock

Edited by Jmthebigman
  • Cool 4

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

Actually it's a DD buff, especially IJN but the chicken Little doom sayers are too blinded by their own fear mongering and tears to figure it out.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

It's a direct nerf to IJN destroyers. Not a buff to cruisers.

From tiers 6-9, IJN destroyers are the ships most reliant on stealth and also the slowest ships in the game that aren't battleships. Cruisers can catch them, destroyer-hunting destroyers in the US and RU lines can catch them.

Straight up nerf to the Japanese, who are already the worst performing destroyers in the game (Akizuki aside).

• Cool 7

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

its not a cruiser buff, its a buff for BB's who will less likely get surprise torpedo by cruisers and dd's with low concealment...

same goes for CV. so less sneak attacking for destroyers, ow my another destroyer nerf to cater the potatoes that dont wsad...

WG if you ever need money? hosting an IRL event and make sure to place a dunk-booth with the dev who made this up sitting on the board.

What part of "battleships won't take this skill, they've got too many better options to take instead" don't you understand?

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

It's a direct nerf to IJN destroyers. Not a buff to cruisers.

From tiers 6-9, IJN destroyers are the ships most reliant on stealth and also the slowest ships in the game that aren't battleships. Cruisers can catch them, destroyer-hunting destroyers in the US and RU lines can catch them.

Straight up nerf to the Japanese, who are already the worst performing destroyers in the game (Akizuki aside).

How can you be so consistently wrong? Is it effort or does it come naturally?

Are you naturally adept at theory crafting doom for your favorite boats, or has it developed over time?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Did you even read the patch notes before you flip out? The skill doesnt work on CVs and BB's are not likely to take it due to other skills with more utility for 4 points.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

How can you be so consistently wrong? Is it effort or does it come naturally?

Are you naturally adept at theory crafting doom for your favorite boats, or has it developed over time?

Instead of insulting me, why don't you explain why I am wrong, or have you never played a Japanese destroyer past Minekaze?

the only thing RPF will do for Japanese destroyers is tell me what side I'm going to get killed from.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

IMPROVISE

ADAPT

OVERCOME...

that will be the key to figuring out how to keep playing the game you play, the way you play it and STILL 
A-have fun
B-..... well what more is there to the game than having fun.... it is just a game.... and no one will likely make THAT big a difference with this skill to make people stop playing... I know I accept this challenge HEAD ON!!!!

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 3

Members
853 posts

Did you even read the patch notes before you flip out? The skill doesnt work on CVs and BB's are not likely to take it due to other skills with more utility for 4 points.

Still works in their favor for guards. so my point still stands.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

IMPROVISE

ADAPT

OVERCOME...

that will be the key to figuring out how to keep playing the game you play, the way you play it and STILL 

A-have fun

B-..... well what more is there to the game than having fun.... it is just a game.... and no one will likely make THAT big a difference with this skill to make people stop playing... I know I accept this challenge HEAD ON!!!!

I wouldn't be so tired of doing that if major nerfs to my main class hadn't forced me to do that 10 times (or more) already this year.
  • Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

edit: frankly the two posters above me are almost pure BB players... what a shock

I dunno, I play a lot of BBs lately, and I'm not going to even glance at this skill. Not saying it wouldn't be handy, it's just the least useful 4-pt. skill for me.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

Let's call it what it is.  It's a cruiser buff.  Since when are cruisers so OP that people complain about buffing them.  They ought to give this skill to USN cruisers for free.

Battleships aren't going to take it.  There are far far more important things to take.  Any smart BB captain has a long list of skills that will add value to their game, ahead of this, highly situationally-useful skill.

Cruisers are the real beneficiaries here, with the speed, and reload time to take advantage of this skill.  Plus DDs can use it to avoid surprise cruiser attacks.  So basically, the people complaining about this skill, are the ones most likely to use it.

What part of "battleships won't take this skill, they've got too many better options to take instead" don't you understand?

30127858_zpszgd6ojet.jpg

[DROW]
Members
42 posts
4,279 battles

For me RPF would be the first choice for any ship that it would work on, that much free info is worth both the 4 pts and the sacrifice of another 4 pt skill.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

I dunno, I play a lot of BBs lately, and I'm not going to even glance at this skill. Not saying it wouldn't be handy, it's just the least useful 4-pt. skill for me.

indeed.. I mean why would a BB take a skill that directly points to hunting DDS (yeah seeing torps would help)  that most are not going to do anyway..

I mean for this to work for a BB that BB would have to be, UP IN THE FIGHT.... not sniping from the border.....

the meta will not change so this skill will not help BBs be better at sniping....

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

RPF will effect BBs the least. They will be far an above the least likely class to actually take this skill.

It's not a "buff" to anything.

It is simply more information spoon fed. It will not help the morons that it is intended to help but it WILL make already skilled players even more deadly and water down high level play. It will remove sneak attack options, and juke plays during the most intense and interesting points of game play, it will punish players for doing nothing wrong and playing the game properly as they are detected before anyone in the game ever spots them, and it is going to put anyone that is playing around an island without the skill at a major disadvantage.

If you don't understand the mentality of the NA player base by now, and how it tends to react to the addition of information or threat of unknowable damage risk, you probably never will, or are simply to blind in your own "this is how it is going to work idea" to see that both of those two things have, in the past, translated to CAMPING to solve the issue.

Good players with RPF = buff

Good players without RPF = nerf

Marginal players with RPF = BIG buff

Marginal players without = nuetral

Bad players with RPF = nerf

Bad players without = nerf

High level game play with RPF = BIG NERF

The watch-ability of streaming competitive games = buff

That will be the outcome, the type of ship that is running RPF is inconsequential. 

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty
  • Cool 3

Members
853 posts

indeed.. I mean why would a BB take a skill that directly points to hunting DDS (yeah seeing torps would help)  that most are not going to do anyway..

I mean for this to work for a BB that BB would have to be, UP IN THE FIGHT.... not sniping from the border.....

the meta will not change so this skill will not help BBs be better at sniping....

Would work for protecting themselves vs DDs that sneak up. OW MY the entire point of stealth DDs removed...

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

I wouldn't be so tired of doing that if major nerfs to my main class hadn't forced me to do that 10 times (or more) already this year.

well.. I have been playing since public opening over a year ago... and have had to endure much.... never really complained about the patches when they came... AFT was bad but still got by....

I like playing... I done like the WAY people play in NA now.... so the changes hardly bother me more than the fact that I think 60% of the player base has no CLUE what the meta for their ship SHOULD BE.. they just sit back and cower all game....

it is sad that the PLAY is worse than the changes they are making.. but is seems that ranting about the PATCHES is better than ranting about the Potatoes, because you cant really fix stupid, you can just change the game for them,....

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,378 battles

well.. I have been playing since public opening over a year ago... and have had to endure much.... never really complained about the patches when they came... AFT was bad but still got by....

I like playing... I done like the WAY people play in NA now.... so the changes hardly bother me more than the fact that I think 60% of the player base has no CLUE what the meta for their ship SHOULD BE.. they just sit back and cower all game....

it is sad that the PLAY is worse than the changes they are making.. but is seems that ranting about the PATCHES is better than ranting about the Potatoes, because you cant really fix stupid, you can just change the game for them,....

Took my words and said it better. Agreed. I am of the same position and opinion.
Edited by alexf24

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

I enjoy playing Yuugumo with the 8km F3 torps. I love playing Fujin. With both ships, the closer I get to my target victim while staying just outside detection (5.5 km ~) the higher the probability of success. This often requires getting off to the side of my fleet a bit. How the heck am I going to play these ships with RDF in the game?  It doesn't matter which enemy ship has this ridonkulous skill!  And I won't know whether or not a ship has it until that cruiser charges me, that dumb BB going through islands suddenly goes in reverse and hard turn, etc. 

• Cool 1

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Even Akizuki is likely only preforming as well as she is because unicums are playing her. Most pubbies likely aren't attracted to her since she does not lead to a tier 10.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I enjoy playing Yuugumo with the 8km F3 torps. I love playing Fujin. With both ships, the closer I get to my target victim while staying just outside detection (5.5 km ~) the higher the probability of success. This often requires getting off to the side of my fleet a bit. How the heck am I going to play these ships with RDF in the game?  It doesn't matter which enemy ship has this ridonkulous skill!  And I won't know whether or not a ship has it until that cruiser charges me, that dumb BB going through islands suddenly goes in reverse and hard turn, etc. 

It tells you when a ship using RDF is locked on to your bearing. You'll know a ship has it long before any ship starts charging you.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Its a Cruiser buff ... no hang on its a BB buff ... let me rethink this , DD buff for sure this is a longshot but it could be a CV buff .... or a :)