Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RipNuN2

Have you braced yourself for paid commanders?

49 comments in this topic

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

With the current crop of spuds bobbing on the salty sea I doubt we will notice a few more floating their way to the top.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

You realize you still have to earn the xp you use to free xp to Tier 10 and you have to have at least 1 19 point commander already to have a 19 point commander, and most players at tier 10 are trash anyways, so I don't see an issue.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

We can debate commander skills but I really am OPPOSED to this change. 15+pt captains are special and they can only be earned through the iron price.

SAY NO TO GOLD PRICE COMMANDERS!

You bunch of land-borns!

Edited by CapnCappy
  • Cool 4

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
12,706 battles

I don't care if someone wants to spend money to race to tier 10.  Top tier game play is just as bad at low tier game play.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

I has become very clear that the Golden Days of WoWs and gaming in general is over.

Anything difficult - gone

Anything not purchasable - gone

Any sense of accomplishment - GONE

Might as well jsut charge me 500$ wargaming and give me all ships with full modules and max point captains in them all. At this point why not?

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty
  • Cool 1

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
583 posts
7,325 battles

They're already at T8-10; if I see another battle line putz around behind islands while half their team dies again, it'll be another day of playing WOWS.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

It will make no noticeable difference to the level of play at high tiers. Potatoes will still play like potatoes.

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

They're already at T8-10; if I see another battle line putz around behind islands while half their team dies again, it'll be another day of playing WOWS.

I see this at t6 and 7 as well...

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

It was only a matter of time.

Just like Missouri you have to put in the work to be able to have access to the feature, so... If anything I think it was a well thought out feature by WG. I'm sitting on something like 10million unconverted XP and there is a strong likelihood that I will be dumping cash into the game for it.

• Cool 2

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I don't care if someone wants to spend money to race to tier 10.  Top tier game play is just as bad at low tier game play.

I see this at t6 and 7 as well...

0cf2a1548c7caeea095749b71e42f76422af0e5d
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

In fairness, anyone who can free xp their way to a tier 10 ship and also a fully max skill captain most likely has played quite a number of games already. Got to have the spare exp laying around to actually convert in the first place. It won't be like with premium ships, where one can buy a Derpitz with absolutely zero experience.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

I has become very clear that the Golden Days of WoWs and gaming in general is over.

Anything difficult - gone

Anything not purchasable - gone

Any sense of accomplishment - GONE

Might as well jsut charge me 500$ wargaming and give me all ships with full modules and max point captains in them all. At this point why not?

Because a potato will still be a potato.

Doesn't matter what modules or captain skill someone has, bad players will still be bad, good players will still be good.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It seems fine by me. Making the skills more accessible allows for them to be more unique without being an/ as much as an imbalance. If done right, it won't eliminate player skill from the equation. After all, you can give me the same equipment as a marine, but I'd still get my rear handed to me by the marine.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,990 battles

We can debate commander skills but I really am OPPOSED to this change. 15+pt captains are special and they can only be earned through the iron price.

SAY NO TO GOLD PRICE COMMANDERS!

You bunch of land-borns!

How many DD drivers busted their butts to get 15 point captains for Concealment Expert only to see that now it only takes 10 points?  It used to take 179,000 commander XP to get CE. Now it takes only 54,000 (10 points).  But wait!  You can buy those 54,000 skill points instead of earning them. 

For me, a nicely spec'd USN DD needed:

1 BFT

2 Last Stand

3 Vigilance (or Superintendent if you're too cheap to get Premium consumables)

4 Demo Expert (or Survivability Expert for Tier 7/8 and above, especially for Ranked)

5 Concealment Expert 

That's 15 points and 179,000 commander XP. Now you will be able to get the same skill set for 108,000. 

This is the biggest pile of male bovine excrement WG has fed me yet. :(

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

1.4 mil or thereabouts to get a 19 pointer. What's that, $200 something? And you still actually have to earn 1.4mil XP to convert in the first place. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

The number of people I see with SE BB captains indicates that the time is long gone.

I always point and laugh at those guys. Then promptly Shrek them. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

$200 something

got dayum....

The number of people I see with SE BB captains indicates that the time is long gone.

hey... No fair, I toss my SE Captain in my Zona from time to time

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

As someone that plays every nation and all ship types, I'd rather pay once to get another high skill captain than keep paying to respec skill points to use the one I have in multiple ships. 

Sign in to follow this