Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SavingJ

Fires Blocking Torpedo View Arcs

14 comments in this topic

Members
71 posts
10,768 battles

I was in a Tirpitz 3.2km away from a Moskva before getting wrecked by a flank and he was within my torpedo arcs and all of a sudden 4 fires popped up obscuring my vision of my torpedo arcs and that one second prevented me from launching my torpedoes and securing the kill. What a frustrating UI I have to deal with. WG better fix this before they launch the next torpedo battleship being released.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

You can disable the fire effect on your screen with mods. Check the Aslain's modpack.

4,191 posts
12,721 battles

You can disable the fire effect that shows all along the border of your screen in the settings to default the old one that just shows fires on your ship .   :honoring:

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

You can disable the fire effect on your screen with mods. Check the Aslain's modpack.

He isn't talking about the extra fire effects that appear around the edge of your screen. When certain sections of a Tirpitz are on fire, it makes it nearly impossible to see the white torpedo guidance cone.

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

He isn't talking about the extra fire effects that appear around the edge of your screen. When certain sections of a Tirpitz are on fire, it makes it nearly impossible to see the white torpedo guidance cone.

Ohhh.

Then OP should try a zoom-out mod, also in Aslain's modpack. It makes the game a lot more pleasant, if you ask me.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Best thing to do in that case is fire your torps without relying on the guide. 

Beta Testers
271 posts
8,188 battles

If I remember right a few patches back WG add the ability to zoom in on torp arcs just like when you zoom in using main guns. So next time you are in a ship that has torps try zooming in like you would when using main guns. 

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Best thing to do in that case is fire your torps without relying on the guide. 

Even at 3km it can be hard to guesstimate the proper aim, especially in the heat of CQC

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Your best bet is to zoom in and use the torpedoes while zoomed in. It's awkward, it's clunky... But at least you can see the firing angles that way.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,075 posts
30,855 battles

If you were on fire frantically asking for help from Jesus, Jewish God, Allah, Tom Cruise, and Oprah Winfrey, you'd have a tough time seeing the arcs also.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

If you were on fire frantically asking for help from Jesus, Jewish God, Allah, Tom Cruise, and Oprah Winfrey, you'd have a tough time seeing the arcs also.

If you're trying to get help from Tom Cruise or Oprah Winfrey, you've made many more poor life choices than just getting lit on fire. 

Really, this applies to all of the above. RNGesus is the only god that is recognized here. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Your best bet is to zoom in and use the torpedoes while zoomed in. It's awkward, it's clunky... But at least you can see the firing angles that way.

This. Of course, if you can't really make it work, then disable the fire effect or something.

I like pretty graphics, so besides having everything maxed up, I also have full fire effects. Feels nice and cozy :trollface:

Sign in to follow this