Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zim_Xero

Kiev - Tashkent - Udaloi free XP conversion

17 comments in this topic

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

I have planned for a month to log in today, buy the Tashkent,  and convert to an Udaloi using free experience.... then I see the lines are changing.  Is this still a good idea?

Edited by Zim_Xero

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Getting Tashkent and Udaloi now will have minimal effects. I'm not sure what will happen to the two ships in terms of balance, but you will still have a tier 8 Tashkent and a tier 9 Udaloi at the end.

The only difference (position-wise) will be the Tashkent will lead to the Kiev, and the Udaloi will lead to the new tier 10.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Maybe...

Here is what I would do and you have time to grind the Creds.

Keep Kiev, buy Tashkent. Free Udaloi and buy it.

Don't sell any of them.

Then keep whatever free boats you get when the line is released and other goodies like Captains. Possibly... Free use of Premium Camo for a month... Who knows.

Edited by slak__

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,823 battles

Too early to say anything; I would honestly keep playing it as you were going to play it until we know more about how they will handle the transition.

Beta Testers
347 posts
2,163 battles

So what happened to the post-war soviet destroyers they were going to add? The new DD branch was supposed to have Project 30bis (Smelyi), 41 (Nuestrashimy), and 56 (Kotlin or Spokoinyy).

soviet_en.gif

Edited by Phaere

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I just got the Khaba, one heck of a ship. Any idea what changes are in store for her?

i dunno...

More Nerfs?:trollface:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

So what happened to the post-war soviet destroyers they were going to add? The new DD branch was supposed to have Project 30bis (Smelyi), 41 (Nuestrashimy), and 56 (Kotlin or Spokoinyy).

soviet_en.gif

most likely another branch after the artillery DD line is released

I think what will happen is...

Ognevoi in your port = You get to skip T7 Minsk

Kiev in your port = You get to skip Tashkent, you get T9 Kiev and you get T7 Minsk

Tashkent in your port = No change

Udaloi in your port = You get to skip T8 Ognevoi and you get T9 Kiev as a replacement

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

i dunno...

More Nerfs?:trollface:

[looks up stats for last two weeks] Arguably those are still needed.

Members
1,684 posts
20,008 battles

Buy the Tashkent and wait until the day before the patch hits/changes are made to get the Udaloi. You'll have more free XP earned so it will cost you less real money, and will have played the Tashkent a bit more so have 'earned' the Udaloi game-wise.

Members
921 posts
13,837 battles

Why skip a good ship?

Thats what I was wondering.

Don't believe the anti-hype - and never take anyone's word for anything, about anything (except mine - of course).

The Tashkent is an excellent boat - don't skip by it based on the hand-wringing of folks that can't figure out her strengths and how to play to them.

Heres a word to the wise - there are a lot of scrubs that both play this game and post on this forum - who couldn't manage to get the Bismarck to work for them.

Make decisions based on your findings - not those of others.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Why skip a good ship?

Thats what I was wondering.

Don't believe the anti-hype - and never take anyone's word for anything, about anything (except mine - of course).

The Tashkent is an excellent boat - don't skip by it based on the hand-wringing of folks that can't figure out her strengths and how to play to them.

Heres a word to the wise - there are a lot of scrubs that both play this game and post on this forum - who couldn't manage to get the Bismarck to work for them.

Make decisions based on your findings - not those of others.

Trashkent earned its name before SGM3 was added to the game, because of how large and easy it was to hit in comparison to Kiev and Udaloi.

Now that SGM3 is in the game, the ship can actually WASD.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

Trashkent earned its name before SGM3 was added to the game, because of how large and easy it was to hit in comparison to Kiev and Udaloi.

Now that SGM3 is in the game, the ship can actually WASD.

No it can't. SGM3 doesn't solve the real problem, the large turning circle that the Tashkent, as well as the Kiev, has. I had silver to burn, so I tried SGM3 when it came out. I found it severely lacking and swapped back.

The real problems, when compared to the Kiev, are:

1. It has 1k less gun range, 1 tier higher than the Kiev.

2. Its larger size is more likely to eat 33% normal pens, from Cruiser and BB AP, than 10% overpens that the Kiev tends to take. So the increase in health is more than offset by taking more damage.

3. It has to gunfight Khabs.

Beta Testers
621 posts
7,383 battles

soviet_en.gif

They've stated that there are plans for two Soviet Destroyer sub-lines this year. They did throw a curve-ball by going with this grouping of ones compared to the previously announced ones, but we will still get them sometime this year. Probably sooner rather than later. 

[TWE]
Members
206 posts
14,645 battles

I don't understand this at all - did anyone see this coming? Why wasn't in announced in the Preview 2017 video? Totally out of the blue and leave everyone confused

Members
1,128 posts
7,268 battles

No it can't. SGM3 doesn't solve the real problem, the large turning circle that the Tashkent, as well as the Kiev, has. I had silver to burn, so I tried SGM3 when it came out. I found it severely lacking and swapped back.

The real problems, when compared to the Kiev, are:

1. It has 1k less gun range, 1 tier higher than the Kiev.

2. Its larger size is more likely to eat 33% normal pens, from Cruiser and BB AP, than 10% overpens that the Kiev tends to take. So the increase in health is more than offset by taking more damage.

3. It has to gunfight Khabs.

See the problem is that you're comparing a good ship to an OP ship. The Kiev is just plain OP.

Sign in to follow this