Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LoneStormchaser

WHAT IS WG

21 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
830 posts
5,254 battles

From the day I first started reading the threads here on the forum, players have been saying that WarGaming is Russian. This is not true. So many forum posters blame the game's composition on assuming that it's Russian. Now, the game's first designers were from Belarus but that's like saying Puerto Rico is in the United States. Main difference here, Puerto Rican citizens can vote for a US President while Belarus votes for their own President. In essence. They are not Russian. As for WG, their headquarters is on Crete with offices in Paris and Seattle. So why do people keep saying WG is Russian?

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Might be all true. But where's the main headquarters? Oh wait that's right. Saint Petersburg RUSSIA. 

• Cool 2

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Might be all true. But where's the main headquarters? Oh wait that's right. Saint Petersburg RUSSIA. 

Lesta Studio's headquarters is in Saint Petersburg too, IIRC.

Members
158 posts
731 battles

Actually the company is registered in Nicosia, Cyprus, you know, fiscal stuff and all that jazz....

Now seriously though, there are very few places on earth where everything that is russian is loved more than in Byelorussia, and that includes most of Russia herself :child:

Edited by OVBruce

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

meh.  edit: nevermind, never not blame Russia.

Edited by Hatework

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

From the day I first started reading the threads here on the forum, players have been saying that WarGaming is Russian. This is not true. So many forum posters blame the game's composition on assuming that it's Russian. Now, the game's first designers were from Belarus but that's like saying Puerto Rico is in the United States. Main difference here, Puerto Rican citizens can vote for a US President while Belarus votes for their own President. In essence. They are not Russian. As for WG, their headquarters is on Crete with offices in Paris and Seattle. So why do people keep saying WG is Russian?

World of Warships is developed by Wargaming St. Petersburg aka Lesta Studio located in St. Petersburg, Russia.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Actually the company is registered in Nicosia, Cyprus, you know, fiscal stuff and all that jazz....

Now seriously though, there are very few places on earth where everything that is russian is loved more than in Byelorussia, and that includes most of Russia herself :child:

That's just for tax purposes. The actual main headquarters that calls the shots for the company is out of Saint Petersburg. Notice when someone like Niko Power has to pass word up the chain for an issue he always says "Ok I'll pass that on to Saint Petersburg." Or when videos are shot of game development, notice it's ALWAYS the St. Petersburg office.

Edited by TalonV
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

That's just for tax purposes. The actual main headquarters that calls the shots for the company is out of Saint Petersburg. Notice when someone like Niko Power has to pass word up the chain for an issue he always says "Ok I'll pass that on to Saint Petersburg." Or when videos are shot of game development, notice it's ALWAYS the St. Petersburg office.

Yup, same reason why the super wealthy from around the world register and flag their super yachts out of the Bahamas or some other little Caribbean island.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Yup, same reason why the super wealthy from around the world register and flag their super yachts out of the Bahamas or some other little Caribbean island.

Ok man, do you have me tagged or something? Cause I'll post something and 5 minutes later, there you are!

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Ok man, do you have me tagged or something? Cause I'll post something and 5 minutes later, there you are!

:D I was already in the thread. Just hadn't posted yet lol.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Goddamn this forum software sucks

Edited by issm

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

And if you want to get really technical, the company is technically Belorussian. The company was founded in Belarus, and had it's headquarters there until 2011.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

He's a stalker...:ohmy:......report him....:angry:

Naa He's cool. We just like to pick at eachother.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Belarus: White Russia. They are most definitely Russian. Also, the headquarters is in St Petersburg, Russia. So, how exactly is WG not Russian?

Sign in to follow this