Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

Can we have a nice premium tier 8 DD?

There are a good amount of premium CA at tier 8.

For BBs there is only one atm which is the tirpirz that at least can grind you some german capitains ( but alabama will be release soon ).

But for DDs there is only the Lo Yang ( which is a worse benson ) which you cannot grind capitains for any nation :c .

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

( but alabama will be release soon ).

I doubt that. WG will no doubt want to take a swing at this forum's simpletons by delaying her release as long as possible.

Completely fine in my book.

Members
3,014 posts

If they had it to do all over again, my bet is that the Scharn would've been the Tirpitz craze at Tier7.

Seems T7 is the main line for bringing about most premiums...altho more evidence would suggest T6

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Harekaze is a potential T8 (kagero pretty much).  How interesting she is depends on which guns they give her.  Could be just like the regular Kagero, Kagero with Akizuki guns, or 3x1 5" USN mounts.  Depends on how the Haifuri collab goes.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
12,366 battles

With DDs in the flux atm (new line, line splits, skill changes, stealth fire changes possibly) , WG might want to avoid a Gremy/Kamikaze situation where they make a ship that ends up OP as the game further changes.

Not a huge issue at T5 but with competitive scene maturing and settling on T8 as the defacto tier, WG might be reluctant to release new T8 premium ships that are not straight clones or worse than the tech counterpart. Especially with the issues that arise when any premium is nerfed/changed.

My tinfoil hat theory is WG is sticking many of the new premiums into anything but T8 to avoid the issue all together. 

And that Alabama was supposed to the ST only to not affect the meta too much.

That said I would like a premium KM DD that is relatively high tiered.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

With the addition of permanent cammo for most higher tier ships in the game there is no need to create a destroyer, cruiser, and battleship premium for the major tier jumps in the game (4,6,8). Instead, you can simply get premium benefits (except credit gain) for almost any regular tech tree ship in the game for less than the cost of a premium ship of the tier. 

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

Instead, you can simply get premium benefits (except credit gain) for almost any regular tech tree ship in the game for less than the cost of a premium ship of the tier. 

But the most important point for premium ships is that you can grind credits more efficiently and Tier 8s is where you get the most credits ( aside from MO ).

Well, I would not complain about a tier 9 premium DD by freeXP like the MO :p .

Sign in to follow this