Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

I am always amazed by this turning mistake

10 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

One of the things I learned fast was to plan my BB turns ahead and to start the turret rotation as early on as possible. You don't want to do a full-turn and then discover that your guns are all facing your own backfield instead of the enemy.  It's not always possible to do this if something unexpected pops up but planning is a good habit to adopt.

If I get sunk in a game I often stick around to watch how it ends and toggle between ships. I see BBs making this mistake constantly. For example, BB A finds itself late in the game heading straight toward enemy BB B. It then has to pick a left or right course change to avoid a collision.  Since all of its turrets are pointed to starboard you expect it to turn to port so that they don't have to be spun around 180 degrees. Nope. It's as if tow-thirds of BBs will turn to starboard in such a situation and then find themselves unable to shoot for 60 seconds.

Takeaway:  Plan your BB turns with where the guns are facing in mind. Don't get killed because your guns are facing 180 degrees from the target.

Sure there are a few exceptions which may necessitate the opposite move but they are far and few between.

:smart_fish:

• Cool 3

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

As much as I agree....the people who need to read this will never visit the forums.

QFT.  The average stormtrooper-approved idealistic bastard is playing BBs because they forgive mistakes, and thus will continue to make them.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

As much as I agree....the people who need to read this will never visit the forums.

good! its nice to have easy prey to hunt!:playing:

[O_O]
Members
7,888 posts
22,026 battles

Similarly, I have watched cruisers turn one side toward an opponent to fire torpedoes, and then stay broadside or point their butts at the target and run.  I feel like yelling at them that they have torps on both sides of their ship.  If you can survive the turn, make it!  You can get off twice the torpedoes!

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Yup fatal mistakes by some BB pilots when your turrets are SLOW and Pointing one way.   They should be more like their real word counterparts

2s0efz4.jpg

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,023 posts

One of the things I learned fast was to plan my BB turns ahead and to start the turret rotation as early on as possible. You don't want to do a full-turn and then discover that your guns are all facing your own backfield instead of the enemy.  It's not always possible to do this if something unexpected pops up but planning is a good habit to adopt.

If I get sunk in a game I often stick around to watch how it ends and toggle between ships. I see BBs making this mistake constantly. For example, BB A finds itself late in the game heading straight toward enemy BB B. It then has to pick a left or right course change to avoid a collision.  Since all of its turrets are pointed to starboard you expect it to turn to port so that they don't have to be spun around 180 degrees. Nope. It's as if tow-thirds of BBs will turn to starboard in such a situation and then find themselves unable to shoot for 60 seconds.

Takeaway:  Plan your BB turns with where the guns are facing in mind. Don't get killed because your guns are facing 180 degrees from the target.

Sure there are a few exceptions which may necessitate the opposite move but they are far and few between.

:smart_fish:

Yep, fire volley, look to which new face you plan to present to the enemy, turn, freelook back onto teh enemy to monitor his movements while your guns start their 180 rotation.

Members
39 posts

CTRL+X is my best friend in battleships. When I know a turn is coming, I fire off my last salvo, rotate my view 180°, lock turrets, and go back to freely surveying the battlespace. Saves me the frustration of inadvertently dropping out of freelook and screwing up rotation.

Sign in to follow this