Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
QuantumEntropy

Moskva

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

After some pain in the rear and grinding some free xp i got Moskva :aqua:

Didn't like Donskoi at all, at least for me it was a pain but it did ok as a torpedoboat last game

hUopdwX.png

Anyway

Got Moskva

ngRsOGo.png

Also today was pretty ok , no idea why i didn't get tato teams but won't complain :D

Anyhow i got all that i wanted to grind , what now? :hmm:

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Now delete the account and start over again :D

Deletes account

Starts over

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker

[CK5]
Members
1,937 posts
23,584 battles

I was on one of the potato teams playing against you during that run.  Last man standing in a Myoko trying to ding you for a little more damage before I was blown up.  

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Stat-pad yourself into deep-purple territory with Russian bias the most balanced cruiser at T10, that's what you do.

Seriously, though, I actually do think that Moskva (followed by Minotaur) is the most balanced CA at T10.  She has powerful, fast guns with good ballistics, mated to an absurdly tanky (for a cruiser) chassis with good maneuverability for such a large ship, but she absolutely requires that you use those ballistics and tankiness to do well; she has the standard Soviet-sized citadel, no torpedoes, stupidly high detection (meaning you won't be pulling ambushes), and meh AA at best.  Without DF, you won't be dropping many planes from anything but a stock T8 CV, and the fact that the AA battery is concentrated in a relatively small number of mounts means your DPS will take huge hits with each salvo of HE other CAs inevitably fling at you.  You also have the second-lowest RoF of any CA while being tied with Des Moines for the lowest number of guns, so you have to make your shots count and at closer ranges other CAs will have the edge (either because of torpedoes, RoF, or both).  Moskva's strength lies in supporting allied ships with utility, temporary tanking ability, and powerful, decisive gunfire; any skilled battleship driver on the enemy team, however, can make short work of you even if you're angled properly.  Battleship HE can penetrate the softer spots of your turrets and break them.

Meanwhile, DM and Hindenburg just suck, and the Zao has armor, stealth, good AA, decent maneuverability, and absurdly powerful armament (both the HE and torpedoes are the best among CAs in the game).  Minotaur at least balances her absurd damage output with a squishy hull and good concealment with short range, and the use of smoke is effectively a net neutral because of the ranges of hydro at those tiers and the prevalence of radar.

Edited by TenguBlade

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

I was on one of the potato teams playing against you during that run.  Last man standing in a Myoko trying to ding you for a little more damage before I was blown up.  

They usually are on my side , today i was lucky somehow.

We all get them oneday tho

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

Has anyone else noticed he has only 1 doubloon? He must be rich Soviet Peasant! More taxes for comrades!

But in mean time, we celebrate with Russian music and drink Vodka comrade! To new bias ship!

Edited by Fog_Cruiser_Maine
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Anyhow i got all that i wanted to grind , what now? :hmm:

Honestly, there really isn't a whole lot right now. So far, I just try to get whatever goodies I can get for my account for the future, like possible clan wars, clan skirmishes, new game modes whatever. After 6 years of WOT I don't want to be in a position again to have missed something great because I got bored. The Kamikaze-R is a perfect example. Right now I just casually grind, trying to get whatever great benefits they offer, all while waiting to see what end game multiplayer content they will create.

however, I did an informal study of this game verses the other more player arena style games and this game will have a ton of problems going forward for clan play. I even made a video about it, but didn't post it since most trolls here will never understand what I am talking about anyway since they never played WOT or Clan Wars in WOT. Let alone any skirmish games. But here is the list of problems and how I see that they can address them:

What other games have that WOWS does not:

1. Base of operations that offers a benefit

(healing, ammo supplies, special consumables, respawns)

1. Creates a need for dual aspects of the game, which is defending the base and attacking the enemy.

1. Large map with many avenues of approach, but all avenues are corridors

(this allows for micro battles to be had on the same map as larger base attack and defense battles

1. Different roles and purposes for player characters (mini bosses)

(support roles, healing, maintenance, defense structures, long range attacks, short range attacks, aoe, crowd control)

1. Fast movement speed verses map size.

1. (players can move to support allies or assist with defense and attack in short order. Being out of position is not a game ender)

1. Short range of weapons fire

(allows for many battles to happen on the same map and yet requires people to push forward or go back in order to defend or attack)

1. Most player characters are similar in health amount and damage output verses solo engagements with enemy players.

Problems with implementing any of these above ideas in WOWS

1. Players cannot move forward and back easily in WOWS without risking complete deletion

(This means that players cannot effectively move around the battlefield and change tactics without severe penalty, or move to defend once an attack is committed or move to attack once a defense is committed.)

1. The long range of weapons limits micro engagements and pacifies the gameplay. Stealth and cover become more important than tactics.
  2. Slow speed of ships relative to the map ruins the ability of corridors to add to game play because once committed down a corridor you can never reposition effectively enough to live to fight another day.
  3. Game is very punishing to any positional mistakes or surprises since angle of ship, speed of turning, and speed of ship relative to peers is not enough to get one out of a bad spot.
  4. Certain ships are vastly superior to others in damage output and survivability. One ship can have all of the advantages and no weaknesses verses another.

How to mitigate these problems in WOWS

1. Is to enable consumables on clan wars / end game battles that balance issues.
  1. Special consumable repair (different for each class of ship)
  2. Special consumable air drop (One that is chosen by the team)
  3. Special consumable mines (something that can create corridors by teams themselves
  4. Special consumable NPC ships (NPC that can be used to reset caps, defend, or push)
  5. Consumable barrage fire or barrage fire mode for ships

1. Areas of the map with repair spots
  2. Respawn ability
  3. NPC controlled no sail / fly zones (instead of using islands)
  4. Maps that are mirrors of each other completely artificial for the mode
  5. Base of some kind for both teams, something that can be destroyed, not captured.
  6. Place for micro battles on every map, side routes
  7. A way to limit range of fire on these maps (protected bases, corridores, etc)
  8. Use NPC’s to balance the game play
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Stat-pad yourself into deep-purple territory with Russian bias the most balanced cruiser at T10.

Seriously, though, I actually do think that Moskva (followed by Minotaur) is the most balanced CA at T10.  She has powerful, fast guns with good ballistics, mated to an absurdly tanky (for a cruiser) chassis with good maneuverability for such a large ship, but she absolutely requires that you use those ballistics and tankiness to do well; she has the standard Soviet-sized citadel, no torpedoes, stupidly high detection (meaning you won't be pulling ambushes), and meh AA at best.  Without DF, you won't be dropping many planes from anything but a stock T8 CV, and the fact that the AA battery is concentrated in a relatively small number of mounts means your DPS will take huge hits with each salvo of HE other CAs inevitably fling at you.  You also have the second-lowest RoF of any CA while being tied with Des Moines for the lowest number of guns, so you have to make your shots count and at closer ranges other CAs will have the edge (either because of torpedoes, RoF, or both).  Moskva's strength lies in supporting allied ships with utility, temporary tanking ability, and powerful guns; any skilled battleship driver on the enemy team, however, can make short work of you even if you're angled properly.

Meanwhile, DM and Hindenburg just suck, and the Zao has armor, stealth, good AA, decent maneuverability, and absurdly powerful armament (both the HE and torpedoes are the best among CAs in the game).  Minotaur at least balances her absurd damage output with a squishy hull, and the use of smoke is effectively a net neutral because of the ranges of hydro at those tiers.

I already padded my stats with the german dds lol:D

Yep i heard the same , Moskva is the best battlecruiser at tier 10 but i think minotaur is not that strong , you rely on windowlikers to do dmg in it or at least that's what i saw

Moskva/Zao/Mino/Hindi/Dm

When i play dds i only fear a moskva :D i Know it's strong

Hindenburg dosen't suck , it's actually ok but situational , at least you can hit stuff at 20km with HE and it dosen't have a weak HE tho as people think

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Has anyone else noticed he has only 1 doubloon? He must be rich Soviet Peasant! More taxes for comrades!

Is to check how much free xp i have to convert

Standing at around 8.4 mil as right now and converted around 150k

But nice observation eye :D

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

Is to check how much free xp i have to convert

Standing at around 8.4 mil as right now and converted around 150k

But nice observation eye :D

Comrade, you did not quote Soviet music specially made for Vodka drinking! Stalin will not be pleased!

Members
236 posts
2,361 battles

Why do people always say what now as if the only thing the game offers is grinding.

Grinding sucks, if that is your idea of enjoyment, I pity you. Play the game and enjoy the games themselves

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Why do people always say what now as if the only thing the game offers is grinding.

Grinding sucks, if that is your idea of enjoyment, I pity you. Play the game and enjoy the games themselves

People have different opinions and i am not here to argue with that

Grinding is fun especially if you grind something that you like

You don't , others do and that's life

This is my first online mulitplayer game that i play after csgo and i am finding it fun

Comrade, you did not quote Soviet music specially made for Vodka drinking! Stalin will not be pleased!

Was not quoted when i posted :D

But here is some compensation

[JUGGZ]
Members
256 posts
2,930 battles

you rely on windowlikers to do dmg in it or at least that's what i saw

You say that like there's a shortage of those in Random (there's not)

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Yep i heard the same , Moskva is the best battlecruiser at tier 10 but i think minotaur is not that strong , you rely on windowlikers to do dmg in it or at least that's what i saw

When i play dds i only fear a moskva :D i Know it's strong

Minotaur is very strong. You don't rely on windowlickers to do dmg, though, you rely on having a non-potato team. She's a fantastic support ship, and she can contribute to a hard carry, but she can't carry a game without help. She will absolutely win games for a team if there's even a couple of good players besides the Minotaur to help, but for several reasons, she's streaky (I've just lost six straight  in her, after winning five straight, while staying pretty consistent in performance. Because campteams.) 

Moskva is stronger in certain situations, Minotaur is stronger in others. They're clearly the two best cruisers at the tier imo (I don't own a Moskva, but played it on test server and played against it a lot, obvi.) In my Khab, the only two cruisers I fear are Moskva and Zao, because they're the only two that can consistently hit me at my max gun range. Most Minotaur players can't hit me in my Khab consistently at 13km (hell, I can't hit a good Khab player at 13km in my Minotaur consistently.) But in a USN or German DD, I fear Minotaur more than Moskva, because I am more likely to run into one inside 10km range and the volume of fire a Minotaur can put out can delete me incredibly quickly.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

You say that like there's a shortage of those in Random (there's not)

Some days they are in shortage but most of the days they aren't :D

Minotaur is very strong. You don't rely on windowlickers to do dmg, though, you rely on having a non-potato team. She's a fantastic support ship, and she can contribute to a hard carry, but she can't carry a game without help. She will absolutely win games for a team if there's even a couple of good players besides the Minotaur to help, but for several reasons, she's streaky (I've just lost six straight  in her, after winning five straight, while staying pretty consistent in performance. Because campteams.) 

Moskva is stronger in certain situations, Minotaur is stronger in others. They're clearly the two best cruisers at the tier imo (I don't own a Moskva, but played it on test server and played against it a lot, obvi.) In my Khab, the only two cruisers I fear are Moskva and Zao, because they're the only two that can consistently hit me at my max gun range. Most Minotaur players can't hit me in my Khab consistently at 13km (hell, I can't hit a good Khab player at 13km in my Minotaur consistently.) But in a USN or German DD, I fear Minotaur more than Moskva, because I am more likely to run into one inside 10km range and the volume of fire a Minotaur can put out can delete me incredibly quickly.

I know Minotaur is strong , i have a friend that pulls 200k easy in it but he said the same , you rely on people that aren't that skilled cause if one goes bow on to you and knows how to aim/wasd you have zero chances

Everyone has his opinion but Minotaur is not even close to Moskva, Minotaur it's strong only if it gets close to things but if you get close to things you tend to get deleted

Moskva as now seems the strongest tier 10 cruiser , it can tank , it can citadel bbs at max range , it starts 20 fires per game , good aa , radar.

The cons are the broadside armor and lack of torps (4km torps would do) , even if it has the strongest belt from all tier 10 cruisers , it's too large to not get punished compared with a zao but bow on is stupid strong and it can tank yamatos

When i play khab i fear just moskvas , they are too accurate and they hit too hard

Minotaur is a joke for khab or the ru dds , same as any US cruiser ( unless they get you under 7-8km ) then you are screwed

As you said Minotaur is strong in some situations but Moskva is strong in most situations

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I know Minotaur is strong , i have a friend that pulls 200k easy in it but he said the same , you rely on people that aren't that skilled cause if one goes bow on to you and knows how to aim/wasd you have zero chances

Everyone has his opinion but Minotaur is not even close to Moskva, Minotaur it's strong only if it gets close to things but if you get close to things you tend to get deleted

As you said Minotaur is strong in some situations but Moskva is strong in most situations

That's not what I said.  They are both strong ships, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. 

And I don't rely on players that are less skilled in Minotaur any more than any other ship. Any ship capitalizes on less skilled players. 

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

That's not what I said.  They are both strong ships, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. 

And I don't rely on players that are less skilled in Minotaur any more than any other ship. Any ship capitalizes on less skilled players. 

Mostly you said they perform in different conditions and they are strong

But i said Moskva is stronger

How do you do dmg to someone that's bow on to you? you can't , his superstructure will saturate and you will start to do no dmg or just bounce everything

You rely on people that show broadside more then any other cruiser line and that avrage damage with Mino proves that.

Other tier 10 cruisers can avrage more just because HE. RN can't unless people show you broaside or run into your torps

Discussion ended on this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Mostly you said they perform in different conditions and they are strong

But i said Moskva is stronger

How do you do dmg to someone that's bow on to you? you can't , his superstructure will saturate and you will start to do no dmg or just bounce everything

You rely on people that show broadside more then any other cruiser line and that avrage damage with Mino proves that.

Other tier 10 cruisers can avrage more just because HE. RN can't unless people show you broaside or run into your torps

Discussion ended on this topic

lol. I'll stop triggering you in your safe space since oyu have to declare 'discussion ended'. 
  • Cool 1

[RUSHB]
Members
602 posts
12,276 battles

Stat-pad yourself into deep-purple territory with Russian bias the most balanced cruiser at T10, that's what you do.

Seriously, though, I actually do think that Moskva (followed by Minotaur) is the most balanced CA at T10.  She has powerful, fast guns with good ballistics, mated to an absurdly tanky (for a cruiser) chassis with good maneuverability for such a large ship, but she absolutely requires that you use those ballistics and tankiness to do well; she has the standard Soviet-sized citadel, no torpedoes, stupidly high detection (meaning you won't be pulling ambushes), and meh AA at best.  Without DF, you won't be dropping many planes from anything but a stock T8 CV, and the fact that the AA battery is concentrated in a relatively small number of mounts means your DPS will take huge hits with each salvo of HE other CAs inevitably fling at you.  You also have the second-lowest RoF of any CA while being tied with Des Moines for the lowest number of guns, so you have to make your shots count and at closer ranges other CAs will have the edge (either because of torpedoes, RoF, or both).  Moskva's strength lies in supporting allied ships with utility, temporary tanking ability, and powerful, decisive gunfire; any skilled battleship driver on the enemy team, however, can make short work of you even if you're angled properly.  Battleship HE can penetrate the softer spots of your turrets and break them.

Meanwhile, DM and Hindenburg just suck, and the Zao has armor, stealth, good AA, decent maneuverability, and absurdly powerful armament (both the HE and torpedoes are the best among CAs in the game).  Minotaur at least balances her absurd damage output with a squishy hull and good concealment with short range, and the use of smoke is effectively a net neutral because of the ranges of hydro at those tiers and the prevalence of radar.

This is what we like to call [edited]DM is the best Tier 10 cruiser just makes users think and well we can't have that. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

This is what we like to call [edited]DM is the best Tier 10 cruiser just makes users think and well we can't have that. 

I tend to give USN CAs more credit than the majority of the forum thinks they deserve, but even so Des Moines has no edge over her competitors besides RoF.  And regardless, her RoF advantage is negated by her arcs.  It's simply impossible to always be able to get into close range, especially on a server where everyone camps in BBs.  Being situationally powerful to greater degrees than another ship is universally powerful will never balance out.

[RUSHB]
Members
602 posts
12,276 battles

I tend to give USN CAs more credit than the majority of the forum thinks they deserve, but even so Des Moines has no edge over her competitors besides RoF.  And regardless, her RoF advantage is negated by her arcs.  It's simply impossible to always be able to get into close range, especially on a server where everyone camps in BBs.  Being situationally powerful to greater degrees than another ship is universally powerful will never balance out.

Her DPM Is the best her AP is the best Her AA is also the best sure she doesn't have torps or Moskva bow armor but when she gets up close to other Cruisers between the amazing DPM+AP+ Radar she will manhandle any other cruiser. 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Her DPM Is the best her AP is the best Her AA is also the best sure she doesn't have torps or Moskva bow armor but when she gets up close to other Cruisers between the amazing DPM+AP+ Radar she will manhandle any other cruiser. 

The bow armor is actually stronger on Des Moines. 27mm on DM vs. 25mm on Moskva.

Where Moskva is crazy strong, are the mid section and turret armor, which are 50mm and will bounce Yamato shells and stop 203mm HE shells from penetrating.

Des Moines has 27mm all over the hull, which makes it absolutely horrible at deflecting 406mm+ AP shells, since most of them will not land on the belt.

DM should win against any other cruiser up close and in a 1v1.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

I lose too much in Moskva. Makes me sad.   Love the ship though.

Another 100K to Minotaur I'm very excited to try out those machine guns.  

Zao is a hoot.

Not really sure I can bring myself to grind out the Hipper or New Orleans for the other two tier 10 cruisers, both of those ships bore me to death.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

lol. I'll stop triggering you in your safe space since oyu have to declare 'discussion ended'. 

No reason to be triggered , your opinion can stay your opinion as everybody has an opinion that dosen't mean they are right.

But i dont like to get into an argue with lesser people on the internet

Good luck

Good for you.

DM has nothing special vs the others

You can say AP but at range that dosen't matter and at close you will be outclassed with torps probably

DM is good but situational and the worse from the other tier 10 cruisers

Sign in to follow this