You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Kiev camo and tree changes question

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

The website mentions this:

If you've researched or purchased any of the ships we're changing, you won't need to research or purchase them again.

I have purchased permanent camouflage for Kiev.  Seeing as it is moving to tier IX, how will this affect the permanent camouflage?  Will be get doubloon credit toward the tier IX permanent camouflage?

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,680 battles

The website mentions this:

I have purchased permanent camouflage for Kiev.  Seeing as it is moving to tier IX, how will this affect the permanent camouflage?  Will be get doubloon credit toward the tier IX permanent camouflage?

WG will more then likely do what they did with the IJN DDs give you the camo for both ships.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

If it's anything like the IJN split, you'll get Minsk, prem camo for Minsk, a port slot, a new captain, a new captain slot, a Kiev, and prem camo for Kiev.

I don't know if they'll do anything different this time, since people are getting uptiered, rather than downtiered with the IJN DDs.

On the other hand, the number of VMF DD players is far lower than IJN, so....

Members
236 posts
2,361 battles

where is this info found out. I have the Kiev, recently bought the ship and love it. Does this mean when they shift it in the tier they are going to take my ship and replace it with another?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

where is this info found out. I have the Kiev, recently bought the ship and love it. Does this mean when they shift it in the tier they are going to take my ship and replace it with another?

If it's like the IJN DD changes they did this year, you keep the Kiev at its new Tier, and they give you the Tier 7 replacement in your port.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

If it's like the IJN DD changes they did this year, you keep the Kiev at its new Tier, and they give you the Tier 7 replacement in your port.

I can understand that for when downtiering ships, but do you really think WG is going to do that for uptierig ships? To just completely skip a tier? That would make Tash completely pointless. People who haven't even played the RU DD line yet, could easily just play up to Kiev at 7 now(it's not that hard to do in 3-4 weeks), and then just stop and wait for the line split to come out, and then automatically have a tier 9 without even finishing the Kiev grind(or even playing it, all they'd have to do it have it in port)or grinding through Tash at 8. That would be a big thing for WG to let people slide through that. See how that seems funny to do when uptiering? Basically letting people not even have to play 2 tiers at all. Now if you have the Kiev already, they definitely end up switching it in your port with the new one, but I doubt they'll throw the new Kiev in your port without even having researched or have the Uda in your port when it happens.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

I can understand that for when downtiering ships, but do you really think WG is going to do that for uptierig ships? To just completely skip a tier? That would make Tash completely pointless. People who haven't even played the RU DD line yet, could easily just play up to Kiev at 7 now(it's not that hard to do in 3-4 weeks), and then just stop and wait for the line split to come out, and then automatically have a tier 9 without even finishing the Kiev grind(or even playing it, all they'd have to do it have it in port)or grinding through Tash at 8. That would be a big thing for WG to let people slide through that. See how that seems funny to do when uptiering? Basically letting people not even have to play 2 tiers at all. Now if you have the Kiev already, they definitely end up switching it in your port with the new one, but I doubt they'll throw the new Kiev in your port without even having researched or have the Uda in your port when it happens.

There's some precedent for that.

When the IJN changes moved Hatsuharu to T6 in the new tree, it allowed players to skip the shifted Minekaze.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

There's some precedent for that.

When the IJN changes moved Hatsuharu to T6 in the new tree, it allowed players to skip the shifted Minekaze.

True.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

Well if this is the case they should give T9 Kiev to folks that own Udaloi, that would work to all parties satisfaction.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

I don't see what the big deal is. You do remember that they just gave free tier 6 tech tree ships to anyone and everyone right? I instantly got to tier 6 down two lines that I was only at tier 2 on. This would be nothing compared to the "be at tier 6 for almost every line for free" campaign that they just did, with free permanent cammo too I might add.

It seems WOWS wants to keep players in the game a LOT, so much so that they would instantly put them at tier 6 down almost any line in order to keep them playing. Am I wrong? Because this was the best reward campaign I have ever seen from wargaming, ever.

Edited by Rounne

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I don't remember when I bought Kiev permanent camo, but it's on there.