You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Missles? Rockets? Mines? What new weapon type is coming?

23 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

So the rumor mills are churning... maybe it's official somewhere and I missed it?

What's the new weapon type being added to the game? tia

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Radar homing missiles on the new Russian Kildin class DD, to counter the tier 7 and above radar cruisers and BB's.

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

German DD's will get v2 rockets :trollface:

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,428 posts
9,976 battles

I posted in another thread, but might as well here too.

From what I've seen in both the preview video and the STRS podcast, my own guess is we will see the new RU DD line equipped with Rocket Launchers, which will function similar to artillery in WOT.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Torpedo bombs + dive bombs = ...

Skip bombs!

Imagine the salt this would farm.

[-RTS-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
8,486 battles

If you stay in WW1/WW2 context there aren't many "new weapon" that can apply to multiple ships. It shouldn't be difficult to guess it out.

My guess: Naval mine or depth charge. No submarine in the game but depth charges can be used against the tailing DD. 

Edited by even524

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Hmm... I seriously am not ready for rocket launching RU destroyers.... you know if such a thing was implemented it would be OP. I'm good with the graviton cannon ;-) for those with the Arpeggio box ticked. 

BA reenactment might prove - interesting... 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
30,521 battles

Well been pondering this and thought at first it could be rockets of some sort but other than on planes or on assault ships for amphibious landings, they really weren't used. The more I think though the more I believe it may be something like premium munitions or AP bombs. If memory serves they have premium ammo in WoT. 

[KMS]
Members
242 posts

I would love to see DD's able to drop contact mines since they have been around since WW1. If nothing else, they would slow down some BB's and Cruisers chasing you so you have more of a chance to get away and survive. They would be available for a specific duration say, say 30 seconds and after they they would sink "disappear". 

[F4E-2]
Alpha Tester
1,196 posts

They finally give up on this entirely-paper-fleet Russian scam and just use ships from the 60s-early 80s. Say "Hello!" to nukes starting at Tier 5...

Members
887 posts
1,625 battles

I am still hoping that the new weapon system is manual AA for the dual purpose turrets, both mains and secondaries.  So toggle whether dual secondaries are on AA or anti ship duty, and if dual purpose primaries?  They become manual aim and require ammo selection

Edited by Vaporisor

[CVA16]
Members
8,853 posts
27,007 battles

They become manual aim and require ammo selection

Something akin to the IJN shinshiki(sp) shells for larger caliber guns. Turn you guns into giant shotguns. Manual aim at aircraft. Might also be used against unarmored ships at short range where you wouldn't have to actually hit it, just get close. Less damage than normal HE but a bigger chance of a hit. Damage done would depend on how close the target was to the center of the blast (assuming a time fuse). Maybe a 4-5K max range. Might be good to shoot into smoke.  In reality the shells were ineffective but in game???