Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Man_Hammer

Most Accurate BB Line

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

Is it the Japanese line?  Or does it matter?   I really hate dispersion and would rather deal with a ship that has the armor of a marshmellow peep but can hit what it aims at than otherwise lol.

 

All I could find on dispersion were some numbers that were listed in 2015 an we all know how consistent WG is....

 

 

So does it really matter once you get to tier 6 or 7 +?  The numbers state that all BB's past tier 8 have the same dispersion is this true?

 

 

If anything for curiosity sake what is the most accurate BB line overall or is there one?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

IJN are the most accurate BB line overall, with Yamato being the most accurate in terms of dispersion per kilometer and sigma iirc. However random accuracy is something that all BBs have to deal with. RNGesus is the god of BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
656
[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

Technically, Yamato is the most accurate BB ingame with a sigma (vertical dispersion) of 2.1 and the best grouping per range, leading to some of the tightest salvo's you can imagine......and then you watch as her gunners load up the Sake and the shells land in the neighboring post-code.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Technically, Yamato is the most accurate BB ingame with a sigma (vertical dispersion) of 2.1 and the best grouping per range, leading to some of the tightest salvo's you can imagine......and then you watch as her gunners load up the Sake and the shells land in the neighboring post-code.

 

That is more historically accurate of a statement than you might think.

The US was the only 'dry' navy in WW2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

IJN has the longest range accuracy, usually, however, overall, I'd argue that in actual gameplay and when used at ranges they are meant to be, USN and German BB are actually more accurate, particularly the USN BB with triple turrets. German at close ranges has some pretty lethal accuracy, mid range, USN especially with triples seem to be dialed in and hit hard. But thats my observations and limited experiences.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

lol thanks for the replies guys!  I might have to revisit the myogi (shudder) an go up that line.

 

 

Are there any ships to avoid in that line?   Im at the tier 4 Kaiser and it doesnt seem to have the pop that the Nassau or from what ive heard the Konig have.  The germans so far are not accurate really at tier 3 or 4 but their ability to take full damage but not get citadeled often seems at low tier not a great tradeoff.   

 

 

Gonna have to buy a port slot for the Jap line, here we go!

 

Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,287
[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

lol thanks for the replies guys!  I might have to revisit the myogi (shudder) an go up that line.

 

Are there any ships to avoid in that line?   Im at the tier 4 Kaiser and it doesnt seem to have the pop that the Nassau or from what ive heard the Konig have.  The germans so far are not accurate really at tier 3 or 4 but their ability to take full damage but not get citadeled often seems at low tier not a great tradeoff.   

 

Gonna have to buy a port slot for the Jap line, here we go!

 

Thanks guys!

 

Use all of these ships, don't miss any. Myogi might feel like a down but trust me Kongou is much better in all aspects. But the guns come at a price, your armor is horrible.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
16,201 battles

IJN= Bigger guns

USN= Better Armor

German= Best of both...

 

IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,301
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,166 posts
30,915 battles

IJN BB line, without a doubt.  Yes, RNG is a role with all BB lines regardless.  But after playing USN, then IJN, then German BB lines, you can appreciate how IJN BB shells behave in flight.

 

The traditional "sniper" BBs?  All IJN:  Nagato, Amagi, Izumo, Yamato.

 

Fuso?  She shotguns everything to still get hits.

 

Kongo?  She's a lot better off than New York in gunnery.

 

Unlike USN Standard BBs Tier VII and below, IJN BBs have some speed so that they're not so easily run over by some of those very fast German BBs from Tier VII+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,301
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,166 posts
30,915 battles

I would say USN over IJN but lust slightly.

 

Once you get to Tier VIII+, USN BBs have the WORST DISPERSION in the game as a Battleship.  Colorado at Tier VII actually has great dispersion, the best USN BB in dispersion but still packing 16" guns.

 

But NC on, USN has the worst with some abysmal dispersion stats to the point of ridiculousness.  IJN BBs have the best gunnery, best dispersion.  German BBs are so-so at range but that can be helped.  They can take ASM1 to reduce dispersion.  Eventually at Tier IX-X FDG and GK can take ASM1+MBM3 to reduce dispersion AND increase ROF of their main battery.  FDG & GK sporting roughly 250m-ish dispersion and improved ROF while sporting the 406mm or 420mm guns?  SURE!

 

USN BBs cannot do the same.  NC cannot use ASM1 or the Tier IX-X USN BB mod to reduce dispersion.  It can't even improve ROF.

 

Iowa and Montana can reduce dispersion or improve ROF but cannot do both.  The reason is that unlike other BB lines, they do not access ASM1 at the 2nd upgrade slot.  The mod to improve dispersion for Iowa / Montana are at the 3rd upgrade slot, the same place as mods like MBM3 (improve ROF), AAGM3, SBM3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

lol thanks for the replies guys!  I might have to revisit the myogi (shudder) an go up that line.

 

 

Are there any ships to avoid in that line?   Im at the tier 4 Kaiser and it doesnt seem to have the pop that the Nassau or from what ive heard the Konig have.  The germans so far are not accurate really at tier 3 or 4 but their ability to take full damage but not get citadeled often seems at low tier not a great tradeoff.   

 

 

Gonna have to buy a port slot for the Jap line, here we go!

 

Thanks guys!

 

Myogi generally has a poor reputation but it's only tier 4 so it's not too bad a grind. Izumo at tier 9 is also considered 'meh' nowadays, and regarded as the low point of the IJN BB line.

 

Overall it's a very solid line. Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, and Yamato are among the most well regarded battleships in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts

I have not played too many games but I am a gunnery expert working on designing new guns at the Naval Weapons Design Center ( NWDC) a department of DARPA  and it is my observation that the "Guns" and their behavioral parameters in "World of Warships" is impossible  and one cannot really conclude that a particular line of ships is more accurate than another and even less one ship having more "accurate" than another. Whether or not you will hit a target is dependent on how appeased WoWs is with your decision to use a particular ship in a game. For instance, I noted that the accuracy of my guns on Myogi is dipping fast as I have approached the XPs required to buy the Kongo. It is a nudge from WoWs like saying"enough on this buy the next". Well, whatever. nobody, not even WoWs or WG.net is here for charity and neither have they claimed that their game is an exact simulation. So I am neither outraged nor upset by this and will continue to play. I have written this so that people understand that you can pick any line and run with it. Enjoy the 'caliber" of the gun and forget about dispersions though I wish the ROF was good and ROF is Wows Controlled (server side as are most other thingies) and varies about the same between tiers. Perhaps the search should be "which tier has the most effective guns" not "accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
321 posts
3,242 battles

IJN has the highest but combined with few guns and dual turrets most the way down the line its very punishing when the shells miss and throwing less shells means you have less chance to hit. Overall Id say UK is the most accurate Ive seen them land full salvos cross map with very little dispersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,125 posts
4,431 battles
On 1/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, TabbyHopkins said:

Technically, Yamato is the most accurate BB ingame with a sigma (vertical dispersion) of 2.1 and the best grouping per range, leading to some of the tightest salvo's you can imagine......and then you watch as her gunners load up the Sake and the shells land in the neighboring post-code.

Depends. Usually 30% of the shots are crap, 35% are workable, and then a third are so tightly grouped it is amazing. I've bow citadel'd another Yamato with all three shells of a single turret salvo. I've also landed a 28 km salvo on a Midway (using floatplane) that was underway for a quadruple citadel. 

 

Japanese are TECHNICALLY, the most accurate. 

Functionally my opinion is that the Montana is. Montana is a bit less accurate but with three more shells the added number of 'darts' that Monty can throw at the board gives it a slight advantage.

 

Yamato also has derpy shell ballistics so you gotta be good at predicting distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

I find the British battleships overall more consistently accurate over the IJN, but that's because Warspite is second only to Yamato in terms of Sigma. Hood is a consistent shooter, heck, every RN BB I play tends to land shots where I aim them

 

High tier US battleships are awesome too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,153
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

in pure accuracy , IJN may be the best, but i seem to have most consistent accuracy in game from  KM BBs because I tend to get closer with them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NO]
Members
376 posts
21,706 battles
On 1/16/2017 at 12:12 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

 

Once you get to Tier VIII+, USN BBs have the WORST DISPERSION in the game as a Battleship.  Colorado at Tier VII actually has great dispersion, the best USN BB in dispersion but still packing 16" guns.

 

But NC on, USN has the worst with some abysmal dispersion stats to the point of ridiculousness.  IJN BBs have the best gunnery, best dispersion.  German BBs are so-so at range but that can be helped.  They can take ASM1 to reduce dispersion.  Eventually at Tier IX-X FDG and GK can take ASM1+MBM3 to reduce dispersion AND increase ROF of their main battery.  FDG & GK sporting roughly 250m-ish dispersion and improved ROF while sporting the 406mm or 420mm guns?  SURE!

 

USN BBs cannot do the same.  NC cannot use ASM1 or the Tier IX-X USN BB mod to reduce dispersion.  It can't even improve ROF.

 

Iowa and Montana can reduce dispersion or improve ROF but cannot do both.  The reason is that unlike other BB lines, they do not access ASM1 at the 2nd upgrade slot.  The mod to improve dispersion for Iowa / Montana are at the 3rd upgrade slot, the same place as mods like MBM3 (improve ROF), AAGM3, SBM3.

But due to the turrent placements and number of turrents at tier 9/10 usn has better dispersion since they usually can bring more guns to fight. Izumos third turrent dosnt have good firing angle while Iowa allows u to use all three guns while angled. Montana as an extra gun compared to the Yamato and even if we only looking at firing while angled Monty can use its 1,2 and 4 gun while angled and yammy usualy can only use its 1 and 2 gun. These extra shells + all the extra dispersion reducing upgrades make them very much more accurate then their ijn counterparts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,301
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,166 posts
30,915 battles
3 hours ago, holycrazyasian said:

But due to the turrent placements and number of turrents at tier 9/10 usn has better dispersion since they usually can bring more guns to fight. Izumos third turrent dosnt have good firing angle while Iowa allows u to use all three guns while angled. Montana as an extra gun compared to the Yamato and even if we only looking at firing while angled Monty can use its 1,2 and 4 gun while angled and yammy usualy can only use its 1 and 2 gun. These extra shells + all the extra dispersion reducing upgrades make them very much more accurate then their ijn counterparts

Izumo has long been a problem child in the IJN BB line, there's no going around it, but it does not negate the fact that her gunnery is still good, as is the rest of the IJN BB line (except for wonky Tier IV Myogi).

 

Montana has more guns and it's nice and all, but she can get citadeled from the bow by Yamato 460.  Power.  The ship also just gets more pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[BSL]
Members
1,241 posts
22,621 battles
On 12/9/2017 at 3:27 AM, Boomslanger said:

  Perhaps the search should be "which tier has the most effective guns" not "accurate.

Please don't use rational logic on a forum that exists for us to share our feelings.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
367 posts
7,867 battles
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, Boomslanger said:

I have not played too many games but I am a gunnery expert working on designing new guns at the Naval Weapons Design Center ( NWDC) a department of DARPA  and it is my observation that the "Guns" and their behavioral parameters in "World of Warships" is impossible  and one cannot really conclude that a particular line of ships is more accurate than another and even less one ship having more "accurate" than another. Whether or not you will hit a target is dependent on how appeased WoWs is with your decision to use a particular ship in a game. For instance, I noted that the accuracy of my guns on Myogi is dipping fast as I have approached the XPs required to buy the Kongo. It is a nudge from WoWs like saying"enough on this buy the next". Well, whatever. nobody, not even WoWs or WG.net is here for charity and neither have they claimed that their game is an exact simulation. So I am neither outraged nor upset by this and will continue to play. I have written this so that people understand that you can pick any line and run with it. Enjoy the 'caliber" of the gun and forget about dispersions though I wish the ROF was good and ROF is Wows Controlled (server side as are most other thingies) and varies about the same between tiers. Perhaps the search should be "which tier has the most effective guns" not "accurate.

So yes, the Guns in WoWs do not behave like they should, after all shells with a muzzle velocity of 870 m/s manage to travel 20km in ten seconds.  That said they are in fact consistent.  What is happening is that there is a "feature" where if you are not aimed correctly at your locked target or don't have a target locked the game will automatically open up the dispersion pattern in order to try and "help" you hit stuff.  This works great for noobs that don't aim correctly in the first place but does not work well for players trying to anticipate course changes.  from my experience this seems to have more of an effect on gunnery than any actual values of the guns themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×