Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
twitch133

Fletcher skills 6.0

18 comments in this topic

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

I have been spending quite a bit of time on shipcomrade, trying to figure out what direction I want to go with my Fletcher captain. My primary build is 17 points, and I recently unlocked my 18th point on it.

I have not for the life of me figured out what I want to do with these new skills... I consider every single one on this current build (Below) to be, close to absolutely essential for Tier 9 and 10 USN DD's. And I can not come up with a single build that I am happy with, even with 19 points. Which, with dragon flags, and restless fire, I should be able to have in another 25-40 games after the new patch.

This is what my current build looks like

MJkzKNX.jpg

This is the closest that I can come with the new system and the same points

wZvBnrI.jpg

I feel like I may be able to substitute superintendent for survivability expert. But I have had many times where the extra smoke saves my life (I already use premium consumables and SI) 

This is what a replication of the build will look like after I get that 19th point.

oSTlPrV.jpg

I even so, I just cannot come up with a build that I am satisfied with, and it will get way too expensive to experiment with them at 4-500 doubloons a pop to reset the skills. I really think that RPF is going to become a mandatory skill for a DD, just for the fact that it is going to be in the game. I cannot find a build with it that I like. It just provides way too much information. I feel like it is going to be as critical for a DD as SA was before it was removed, but its going to be so expensive for a mandatory skill.

What are all of the other Fletcher captain's idea's for this new patch?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

My Fletcher build is somewhat similar to yours:

1. PT, PM

2. LS, AR

3. SI, BFT, SE

4. CE

I also considered the following skills as alternatives: RPF, TAE, VIG, DE

The purpose of my build is to maximize the cap- contesting ability. If I'm at half HP, BFT, AR, and the reload mod will allow me to fire 1.35 times faster than another Fletcher without those perks, and SE will give me a HP advantage. If I'm at quarter HP, I'll be able to fire 1.42 times faster, which is a HUGE buff. 

If you want to play the Fletcher as a battleship killer, you could switch out AR, PM, and BFT for TAE and DE. VIG and RPF for destroyer hunting. 

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I made a spreadsheet with captain skills for all my DDs for the upcoming patch.

Maybe you can find something you like there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iCCOHVM4kw5aBIKDYi0Ym6LnNBiFPcFrGI_89m2B_Rg/edit?usp=sharing

very good..... I will be studying this..... and maybe making some adjustments...I have three DDs with 18 Pt capt... Fletch... Kharb...... Benson.....(I do have a 16 point IJN DD capt avail.. not sure what to do with him yet.,....the line is weird now...

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

My Fletcher build is somewhat similar to yours:

1. PT, PM

2. LS, AR

3. SI, BFT, SE

4. CE

I also considered the following skills as alternatives: RPF, TAE, VIG, DE

The purpose of my build is to maximize the cap- contesting ability. If I'm at half HP, BFT, AR, and the reload mod will allow me to fire 1.35 times faster than another Fletcher without those perks, and SE will give me a HP advantage. If I'm at quarter HP, I'll be able to fire 1.42 times faster, which is a HUGE buff. 

If you want to play the Fletcher as a battleship killer, you could switch out AR, PM, and BFT for TAE and DE. VIG and RPF for destroyer hunting. 

I am so torn as to whether RPF or SE is going to be the better skill for hunting and killing other destroyers. I have my builds set up for that right now, as I find that I win more often doing that, instead of farming fire damage off of BB's. Hence the reason I do not use DE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iCCOHVM4kw5aBIKDYi0Ym6LnNBiFPcFrGI_89m2B_Rg/edit?usp=sharing

This is awesome! I will be spending some time studying it.

Do we think they will make any changes to the new captain skills especially given the outcry on several of them?

I think that what we see on PTS right now is what we are getting. Even though there is a lot of it that is crappy.

As much as the "Cookie cutter" builds that EVERYONE used sucks, as there was no variety. The nice thing about it, you could build all purpose captains and have more flexibility. Flexibility is huge in this game, A ship that does alot of things well is going to be stronger in just about any given instance than a ship that does one thing really well.

And I hate that about this new system. They are forcing you into very specialized builds, where, you want to build your captain to do X? OK, he is going to be GREAT at X... But if he comes across a situation where he needs to do Y or Z, he is going to fall flay on his face.

[_TKS_]
Members
588 posts
43,776 battles

Oh Yeah ! Time to stick it to the DDs again ! Due to the placement of BFT as a 3 point skill My Fletcher is a weaker ship than it was before this patch . My choices are lose torp reload speed or firing range / AA skills  .The 19th point I picked up ( + 1) is lost to the fact that BFT is now a 3 point skill ( - 2 ) Thanks so much WG !

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

LS + SE + CE will be must have for me

For the rest, I am pondering two choices:

RPF + SI/Vigi + another level 2 skill

SI + Torp Arm + Vigi

I will try RPF first to see if it is worth the investment.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I am so torn as to whether RPF or SE is going to be the better skill for hunting and killing other destroyers. I have my builds set up for that right now, as I find that I win more often doing that, instead of farming fire damage off of BB's. Hence the reason I do not use DE.

This is awesome! I will be spending some time studying it.

I think that what we see on PTS right now is what we are getting. Even though there is a lot of it that is crappy.

As much as the "Cookie cutter" builds that EVERYONE used sucks, as there was no variety. The nice thing about it, you could build all purpose captains and have more flexibility. Flexibility is huge in this game, A ship that does alot of things well is going to be stronger in just about any given instance than a ship that does one thing really well.

And I hate that about this new system. They are forcing you into very specialized builds, where, you want to build your captain to do X? OK, he is going to be GREAT at X... But if he comes across a situation where he needs to do Y or Z, he is going to fall flay on his face.

Theoretically this sort of kills the popularized use of premiums for training... now you can use a prem to gain the points then spend doubloons to retrain them and... oh wait... silly me... cash flow. 

Carry on.

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Oh Yeah ! Time to stick it to the DDs again ! Due to the placement of BFT as a 3 point skill My Fletcher is a weaker ship than it was before this patch . My choices are lose torp reload speed or firing range / AA skills  .The 19th point I picked up ( + 1) is lost to the fact that BFT is now a 3 point skill ( - 2 ) Thanks so much WG !

I have quite a few games in DD's yesterday, And really. I am not a huge fan of RPF still. But... my DD game play really has not changed at all... other than hurting for smoke by the end of the match, as I find myself running out a lot now. As I cannot afford SI even on a 19 point build.

LS + SE + CE will be must have for me

For the rest, I am pondering two choices:

RPF + SI/Vigi + another level 2 skill

SI + Torp Arm + Vigi

I will try RPF first to see if it is worth the investment.

This is what my build looks like right now. I may trade out RPF for SI and PM in the near future though. I think the extra smoke is going to be worth so much more than the info that RPF provides.

PT

AR and LS

SE and BFT

RPF and CE

Theoretically this sort of kills the popularized use of premiums for training... now you can use a prem to gain the points then spend doubloons to retrain them and... oh wait... silly me... cash flow. 

Carry on.

I will say right now, the elite XP required to reskill a captain is absurd. 130xp for a fully skilled 19 point, REALLY!?!?!? 

Members
20 posts
5,729 battles

Something I've been running and absolutely loving is this build, with SE+TAE+BFT+DE at level 3 and CE at level 4. I play it like a torp boat (I run the torp reload upgrade for 81 second reload) but it's still a cap monster. The reason I have DE instead of SI is that 3 smokes is plenty for me, and my playstyle relies on fires for a lot of damage: my ideal game goes cap -> land torps on BBs 8-10 km away/cause a flood/burn repair -> smoke up if I can't invisifire -> light some fires. I haven't played with RPF on it but for what I use it for, this build is insane. Not that the Fletcher needed a buff...

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Something I've been running and absolutely loving is this build, with SE+TAE+BFT+DE at level 3 and CE at level 4. I play it like a torp boat (I run the torp reload upgrade for 81 second reload) but it's still a cap monster. The reason I have DE instead of SI is that 3 smokes is plenty for me, and my playstyle relies on fires for a lot of damage: my ideal game goes cap -> land torps on BBs 8-10 km away/cause a flood/burn repair -> smoke up if I can't invisifire -> light some fires. I haven't played with RPF on it but for what I use it for, this build is insane. Not that the Fletcher needed a buff...

I used some free XP that I had to get my 19th point on Fletcher... I was going to go right to that build, as it would have been what I had before, plus some...

But, I decided to experiment a little bit with the skills while the reskill fee was dirt cheap. I have come to really like this build. I call it my Obi-Wan build.

BTW... I thought I recognized your name Skol... I was in your Gearing double strike replay. Had a kraken in My iowa in that round, lol.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I personally prefer SE way more. Hold the caps, and let them come to you. And once they get close enough, melt them with your superior DPM. 

[AK]
Beta Testers
482 posts
16,821 battles

​Thank you! I have been all over the place on my Benson, Fletcher and Gearing builds since the patch. I am still in debate mode on SE v. RPF like most. I find that RPF is useful in some situations. but SE is a constant.

I am not a great player by any means, but I try like all heck to be useful for my team. So things like this discussion thread help me a lot.

[FEM]
Members
279 posts
12,694 battles

Gearing in my opinion is definately to slow to use RL. You can't hunt down other DDs effectivly with that speed. And as defensive tool it is not neccessary either as Gearing's guns turn so fast and nobody wants to fight a Gearing at close range anyway.

On the Fletcher the situation is a bit different. She is a bit faster and therefore it is easier to hunt down enemy DDs, especially at her tier. I still prefer not using RL and go for multiple T3 skills.

Anyway I would not drop SE for it. SE and BFT are my core T3 skills for USN DDs. If anything you have to drop SI or Vig for it.

Edited by tmGrunty

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Gearing in my opinion is definately to slow to use RL. You can't hunt down other DDs effectivly with that speed. And as defensive tool it is not neccessary either as Gearing's guns turn so fast and nobody wants to fight a Gearing at close range anyway.

On the Fletcher the situation is a bit different. She is a bit faster and therefore it is easier to hunt down enemy DDs, especially at her tier. I still prefer not using RL and go for multiple T3 skills.

Anyway I would not drop SE for it. SE and BFT are my core T3 skills for USN DDs. If anything you have to drop SI or Vig for it.

I am thinking I have coe to the same conclusion on Gearing... it is just not fast enough to really benefit from it.

I have had only one match were I actually benefited from in in Fletcher. And that match I benefited from Radio location so much so, that I felt it grossly OP. A Fletcher and Myoko succeffully flanked my team, But... because I had radio location on, I was able to give my team advanced warning, and I was sitting there waiting for them. Dev strike on Myoko with torps, and a Yugumo and I shredded the Fletcher before either of them could do any real damage. I then proceeded to harass the enemy Yugumo using my radio detection for the rest of the match an really prevented him from doing anything useful.

I am trying to decide if that one major success is worth keeping the skill.

[AK]
Beta Testers
482 posts
16,821 battles

I have to agree on the Gearing. I think I am going to take your advice and test a SE build. I love to knife fight in all 3 DDs. thank you for your advice.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,137 battles

I'm currently using this 16 point build on Gearing, Fletcher, Sims, and Lo Yang:

PM

LS

SE/SI/DE

CE

I lost BFT from my pre-0.6.0 build, but I picked-up DE.  Even with the slower reload it feels like a stronger build as I'm getting more fire damage now.  Fletcher and Gearing reload so fast as-is, I think the 2% fire buff is a bigger gain than the loss in ROF.  Lo Yang and Sims feel stronger as well, but maybe to a lesser extent compared with Fletcher and Gearing.  I will probably grab AR when I reach 18 points.

Sign in to follow this