You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1nc0mp3t3nt_1

Those stupid flipping unanswered questions

38 comments in this topic

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Seriously- that after battle report system needs more work- make us able to see other people's performances so I can find out what I did wrong in battles like these that let someone else get 3 MORE FLIPPING EXP THAN ME.

So a game that was overall decent and expected for a tier 10 battleship like the grosser suddenly feels ruined to me because now I have the burning question of what the hell that Montana did to get 3 more exp than me on a battle where he got no achievements, no kills, less planes shot down, and well, do not mind me while I flip my monitor and throw my keyboatd

tJRYcIf.jpgObzmJoa.jpgsThfJqo.jpgxflNB18.jpg

so WG, where the hell are our detailed post battle screens that include the performance of other players like in Tanks, improved replays, and other useful features for someone who is trying to self improve?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I had a game in Ranked Season 4 where a player got ONE more XP than I did, which allowed him to keep his star while I lost mine. I nearly screamed out loud. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I had a game in Ranked Season 4 where a player got ONE more XP than I did, which allowed him to keep his star while I lost mine. I nearly screamed out loud. 

yeah, I think I remember a thread about that.lol

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Maybe he reset or captured a cap and shot up some DDs? I'm at work so I can't look at the replay.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,600 battles

I often score in the top 5 with no kills.

​This happens because I tend to spread my fire around to the best current target. I find that most games I will have targeted and hit 5 to 7 of the enemy. In that process I will start a few fires and defend a few caps and these actions can build more points than actual kills can. I wish I could count up the number of ships I have done major damage to that I did not get a kill on.... spotting enemy is also going to add up... and capping tosses point at us too..

​Points scored is not all about kills

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,659 battles

Maybe he reset or captured a cap and shot up some DDs? I'm at work so I can't look at the replay.

First thing that crossed my mind was he had a touch more potential damage

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Did you happen to notice what he did with his rudder at the one minute mark? Then again at the two, three, five, seven, eleven, thirteen, seventeen, and nineteen minute marks? He messed it up on most of them but on three occasions he got it perfect. There are your three extra points. Not many people can pull off the prime number rudder kick but if you get them all the rewards are exponential, mess it up and they are only linear. Hence the low difference in your point scores.

Good grief you're still reading this post? Well thanks for your participation.

• Cool 6

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

​This happens because I tend to spread my fire around to the best current target. I find that most games I will have targeted and hit 5 to 7 of the enemy. In that process I will start a few fires and defend a few caps and these actions can build more points than actual kills can. I wish I could count up the number of ships I have done major damage to that I did not get a kill on.... spotting enemy is also going to add up... and capping tosses point at us too..

Ditto, and it shows in my average kill numbers per game in my tirpitz. My average damage and average win rate are much higher relative to the average than my kill rate, (though my KD thanks to my higher average survival is about as far ahead, and that's in spite of my hyper aggressive tendencies).

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Did you happen to notice what he did with his rudder at the one minute mark? Then again at the two, three, five, seven, eleven, thirteen, seventeen, and nineteen minute marks? He messed it up on most of them but on three occasions he got it perfect. There are your three extra ponts. Not many people can pull off the prime number rudder kick but if you get them all the rewards are exponential, mess it up and they are only linear. Hence the low difference in your point scores.

Good grief you're still reading this post? Well thanks for your participation.

Lulz:great:.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,106 battles

Had one yesterday where a guy in his brand new Great Spaz TK`d me with torpedoes, no kills, no accomplishments, no nothing and with a -1 he did better than 4 of the guys on the team.

The battle analysis system is a mystery alright.

• Cool 2

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Damage dealt is rewarded far more than number of kills made, in addition to other things such as tanking damage and AA duties, which were also slightly buffed to reward more.

And breaking down Damage dealt rewards a bit further, it is based on % of total HP.  Even just one shell hit on a DD will reward more than one shell hit on a cruiser (assuming no citpen), and one hit on a cruiser rewards more than one hit on a battleship.  IIRC, carriers reward more than Battleships as well, since they hide in the back most of the time.  This was done with the intention of limiting farming BBs for points by anything and everything unless they had the firepower to take out a BB in short order (good torpedo drop, or lucky broadside).

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

3 more flipping exp points than you?

Who cares but a Sea Slime such as yourself, OP.

Go scrape the barnacles off your hull, maybe that is what you forgot to do.

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

I see people floating in circles in matches, bots or the retarded, and at the match end they get like 140 xp points?  Is that from just being in the spawn area an it's "defending" xp even tho you do nothing but just happen to be in the area?

I dont know how these bot=[edited]are getting xp for floating in circles like a rubber duck.

Members
213 posts
7,391 battles

"getting kills" in this game is extremely overrated.. often times it only proves who hit the last shot..  and this is partially why it can be difficult to determine who did what to achieve a higher xp at the end of the battle.  Has the concept of kill-assist not been brought up?  For ex:  Damage 40% of ship that is killed and you receive a kill assist.  Something like that could be introduced.

Also - agree - seeing the battle results for other players would be great - the numbers are already present.  Also, what is a bit annoying while we are on the subject is the inability to read your ally teammates full names... I have been in battle and had a good run with people before, try to go look their name up to message and there are like 10 people with similar name and the end battle screen does not let you see their full name if it is lengthy..  am I missing something here?

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Someone could theoretically get 12 kills but get bottom of the team if things went flawlessly because kills (as it rightly should be) are nearly worthless. Deal the damage and actually support the team, THIS is what matters

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

Stop spreading your damage around and focus down targets.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I definitely spread my damage around, but what is getting to me is I have no idea why he did better than me just looking at post game stats. With the replay system as broken as it is, doing free cam in replays tends to cause my replays to hang/crash, so I have given up in looking to that.

That being said, that Montana did not get confederate did not show outward signs of actually putting in a better game than me, other than the 3 extra exp, and it bugs me to no end when I get questions like that which will not be answered

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I definitely spread my damage around, but what is getting to me is I have no idea why he did better than me just looking at post game stats. With the replay system as broken as it is, doing free cam in replays tends to cause my replays to hang/crash, so I have given up in looking to that.

That being said, that Montana did not get confederate did not show outward signs of actually putting in a better game than me, other than the 3 extra exp, and it bugs me to no end when I get questions like that which will not be answered

Probably just did a tiny bit more damage than you did or he managed to hit a DD for a fair amount, or tanked a tiny bit more than you did (potential damage taken; considering he sank but you didn't).

It's not having shot down a plane, since you shot down two to his one, and it's not ships sunk, given he sunk none.

I'm inclined to believe he might have shot and hit a DD or focused on cruisers, in addition to whatever else he was fighting against.  Damage is partially rewarded based on damage dealt, but also damage dealt to the total % of a target.  Thus, 1000 points of damage to a DD rewards more than 1000 points dealt to a cruiser (and 1000 points to a cruiser rewards more than 1000 points dealt to a battleship).  Sinking a DD nets more than dealing that same amount in HP to a cruiser or battleship.

In comparison, most of your targets were battleships and cruisers.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Probably just did a tiny bit more damage than you did or he managed to hit a DD for a fair amount, or tanked a tiny bit more than you did (potential damage taken; considering he sank but you didn't).

It's not having shot down a plane, since you shot down two to his one, and it's not ships sunk, given he sunk none.

I'm inclined to believe he might have shot and hit a DD or focused on cruisers, in addition to whatever else he was fighting against.  Damage is partially rewarded based on damage dealt, but also damage dealt to the total % of a target.  Thus, 1000 points of damage to a DD rewards more than 1000 points dealt to a cruiser (and 1000 points to a cruiser rewards more than 1000 points dealt to a battleship).  Sinking a DD nets more than dealing that same amount in HP to a cruiser or battleship.

In comparison, most of your targets were battleships and cruisers.

Yeah, in that replay, most destroyers were dead or not worth using my main batteries on due to remaining health and distance. I picked and chose my targets. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand the bulk of exp comes from potential damage and %damage done, but when I want to see what that enemy with 1200 exp did to get that much(if win bonus was not applicable, he may have had more base exp than me) or why the Monty got 3 more exp than me so I can start turning my future games into a focus on working on how they beat me, I can't and that is what is frustrating. 

When I watch my own replays, I generally agree with the decisions I made during battle, because that is me playing to my particular style in game. No, for me it's far more useful to be able to see detailed breakdowns of others. 

For example, how I used to improve in games like Command & Conquer is that I used their replay system, which let you see things from all player's perspectives. So, I would see where they were looking, their build queues, and placements/micro management of resources and start mimicking those behaviors where they clearly were better than me in so I could up my game more. That is a competent replay system. Not to mention they had an independent replay viewer that rendered the battle off the game engine, but through a different executable. All our replays in WoWS do is give a script of the recorder's actions.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

The exact same thing happened to me.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

The exact same thing happened to me.

I don't think I've had one exp difference. Definitely 2. The salt mine definitely had a good haul that day. 

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
20,488 battles

did he solo cap?

iirc one solo capping is like 400 base xp

plus, what if he do 3 ships 99% damage but not the final kill?honestly i had a few 150k damage no kill no achievement games with over 2300 base xp in my des moines