Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Emothic

Commander Skills & Signal Flags For BB?

12 comments in this topic

Members
184 posts
181 battles

Just a quick question. What is the best Commander skills and Signal Flags to have while playing Battleships? So far I only got two survivability skills for my commander, but I don't know which other ones to get. Also I've been collecting the signal flags and have been hoarding them for when I have a lot of them for higher tier battles. But I was wondering which were the best ones to use as well? It may help to let you know that I will focus mainly on the German BB line of the game.

Side question: What is the quickest way to get more signal flags?

Edit- Another question: Also ship upgrades? What would be the best to use?

Edited by Emothic

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

For signals... Well, obviously the Heal one, the Fire prevention one, and the Secondary range increasing one. If you can splurge, maybe the speed increasing, too.

Skills is pretty straight forward. The current main ones to always go for: BOS, EM, Superintendent, Vigilance, and AFT. Optionally, CE could be useful, as well as BFT, and Manual Secondaries.

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Keep in mind that once 0.6.0 hits, all of the advice will be rendered obsolete.

Members
184 posts
181 battles

Keep in mind that once 0.6.0 hits, all of the advice will be rendered obsolete.

Why is that? I just started playing the game a few days ago. I'm still figuring out most of the mechanics and I am not sure what is actually going to change.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Why is that? I just started playing the game a few days ago. I'm still figuring out most of the mechanics and I am not sure what is actually going to change.

Almost every single skill is either being changed or moved around next patch. I would recommend playing the Public Test Server a bit to gain some knowledge about that, but there's only like 2 hours left. What you should do is go on YouTube and watch some videos about the upcoming changes. There are some good threads about the captain skill changes on the Forum as well. 

[O_O]
Members
7,888 posts
22,026 battles

On my higher tier battleships, I always run:

1. Mike Yankee Soxisix - 5% secondary buff
  2. India Yankee - 20% reduction to fire extinguishing
  3. November Echo Setteseven - 10% AA buff
  4. India Delta - 20% repair party buff
  5. Juliet Yankee Bissotwo - 20% flooding recovery buff
  6. India Bravo Terrathree - (T8+) -10% repair costs

I may also run Hotel Yankee for the ramming buff, just because I have a ton of them and why not. 

The captains skills are about to get a serious shuffle.  But, the basic ones I take for just about all my battleship captains are Basics of Survivability and Fire Prevention.  Others are debatable depending on how you want your BB to perform.

Edited by desmo_2

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The captains skills are about to get a serious shuffle.  But, the basic ones I take for just about all my battleship captains are Basics of Survivability and Fire Prevention.  Others are debatable depending on how you want your BB to perform.

Not saying that desmo_2's captain build is bad, but after the upcoming patch I personally will not run BoS and FP, because they're are really expensive at 3 points and 4 points respectively, and do not provide much of a benefit for me. In my opinion, fires should be dealt with by using your DCP wisely. That being said though, if you really hate being on fire BoS and FP do have their merits. 

Edited by Aduial

[O_O]
Members
7,888 posts
22,026 battles

I didn't remember how the new captain skill shakeup affected BoS and FP, but if they are that skill point intensive, I may find a different skill set for my BB's, as well.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Just a quick question. What is the best Commander skills and Signal Flags to have while playing Battleships? So far I only got two survivability skills for my commander, but I don't know which other ones to get. Also I've been collecting the signal flags and have been hoarding them for when I have a lot of them for higher tier battles. But I was wondering which were the best ones to use as well? It may help to let you know that I will focus mainly on the German BB line of the game.

Ask after 0.6.0

The captains skill builds are in for a shake up

I didn't remember how the new captain skill shakeup affected BoS and FP, but if they are that skill point intensive, I may find a different skill set for my BB's, as well.

Increased cost per skill

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

If you're just starting, signals will be scarce and you'll basically want to save them up until you have a nice buffer of each.  Then you can pull them out when you need to for a bad stock grind (+exp flags), or for when you simply want to up your performance (ranked, or free premium time).

If you want more signals, it'd be good to familiarize yourself with the achievements that grant them.   In general they give you a signal that corresponds with your achievement.
Some simple ones:

• First Blood - Credit signal
  • Receive more than 120% of your ship's HP in damage - HP recovery
  • Ram somebody and live - Deal more 50% more and take 20% less ramming damage
  • Kill an enemy with secondaries - secondary buff signal
  • Destroy an enemy by dealing over 40% fire damage - increased fire chance
  • Destroy and enemy by dealing over 40% of flooding damage - increased flooding chance
  • Deal over 60000 damage with fire or flood - increased fire and flood chance
  • Kill and enemy after you die - 10% cheaper service cost

Also if you want signals there's always the signals option from your crates.  You'll usually get at least 2 sets of 5, sometimes 3.  The bonuses will be all over the place but it'll help you get a collection started!

Edited by Kenjister

[O_O]
Members
7,888 posts
22,026 battles

Earn signal flags by completing as many of the campaign tasks as you can.  They have a lot of nice signal flag rewards.  Play Ranked when the next season begins...a ton of signal flags can be earned this way.  You can also select the daily containers that offer more signal flags.  Of course, you also earn signal flags by earning certain achievements, but that is a slow way to build them up (especially if you use them every battle).

Ship upgrades may vary a lot from player to player.  I tend to choose:

1. Magazine mod 1
  2. up to you.  Artillery plotting room mod 1 makes your guns more effective, or you could go for a secondary or AA build
  3. Damage Control System mod 1
  4. Damage Control System mod 2 (or Steering Gears mod if you want torpedo beats)
  5. Target Acquisition System mod 1

Beta Testers
18 posts
759 battles

For me, the important signals and camouflage to save are the increased experience points ones; to be used on certain missions and building up some ships faster.

:look:

Sign in to follow this