Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kilted_Warrior

Do the sounds have to be that annoying?

10 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
3,819 battles

I get it, you get your citadel hit. But you have to have that annoying obnoxious sound and then what, I think, is a heartbeat? What genius developer spent way too much time thinking, "Yeah, this will be great.". He or she needs to be fired along with the moron who approved it. If you truly think you have to have it in the game, Wargaming, can you at least give players the ability to opt out of it? I like the sounds of my guns, I like the other game sounds but I am forced to play with the special effect sounds off due to that game disturbing sound.

Please, for the love of all things holy, give us an opt out of that idiotic sound.

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

I get it, you get your citadel hit. But you have to have that annoying obnoxious sound and then what, I think, is a heartbeat? What genius developer spent way too much time thinking, "Yeah, this will be great.". He or she needs to be fired along with the moron who approved it. If you truly think you have to have it in the game, Wargaming, can you at least give players the ability to opt out of it? I like the sounds of my guns, I like the other game sounds but I am forced to play with the special effect sounds off due to that game disturbing sound.

Please, for the love of all things holy, give us an opt out of that idiotic sound.

They did remove that you know. It no longer exists. There is still a Heavy Damage sound, but no designated Citadel Hit on the receiving end sound anymore. They got rid of it.

Members
2 posts
3,819 battles

They did remove that you know. It no longer exists. There is still a Heavy Damage sound, but no designated Citadel Hit on the receiving end sound anymore. They got rid of it.

Then why do I hear that stupid sound with heartbeat? Or is THAT the sound of heavy damage?

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

Neither. If I recall, they changed the whine to a lower pitch and combined it with a much quieter heavy breathing to make the new heavy damage sound.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

It's letting you know you just took a quarter of you HP or more in damage, in case you were zoomed in, it's called an "audio queue". Complain all you want, but I have no problem with the sound, it's way better than the horrific nails-on-chalkboard ear ringing sound it used to make.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

It used to be a high pitched sound that tried to portray tinnitus and some complained that it was physically painful to them (which is bad). So, WG changed it to the wubs we have now.

I prefer the current iteration.

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
502 posts
6,942 battles

It's still a stupid annoying effect that you don't need. You can see you just lost half your life, that's what your HP bar is for. You don't need to have this crap in the game.

Edited by QinsCoCoPops
  • Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,145 battles

It's still a stupid annoying effect that you don't need. You can see you just lost half your life, that's what your HP bar is for. You don't need to have this crap in the game.

The current sound is so much better than the old one.

Its there to get the attention to those who may not always be paying attention to the health bar in intense situations.

I really don't see the big deal here. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

It's letting you know you just took a quarter of you HP or more in damage, in case you were zoomed in, it's called an "audio queue". Complain all you want, but I have no problem with the sound, it's way better than the horrific nails-on-chalkboard ear ringing sound it used to make.

Indeed. He'll be complaining about the white flashing and fading light of the HP bar being bad for his eyes, next :trollface:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

... i'd rather it be the sound of a very large but muffled explosion with a klaxon sound. The thing about the current sound used is if you have any tinnitus at all, it irritates you because it simulates a massive pulse of tinnitus. The only way I've found to "turn it off" is to avoid taking cits/heavy damage :-)
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this