You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Emothic

Your Worst Losing Streak?

31 comments in this topic

Members
184 posts
181 battles

We've all had them, and they want to make you stop playing. But I was curious as to what you highest losing streak is? I just now hit 8 and counting. Still working on getting my x2 in my tier 3 German Cruiser, and I have a feeling that it might take awhile to get a victory in it. Especially when the matches seem to be so one sided. Everyone on my team dies while the enemy team losses maybe 1 to 3 ships.

So what's your highest losing streak, and does it ever force you to stop playing the game for the day or do you just move onto another ship?

Edited by Emothic

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I have hit maybe 8 or 9.  Usually once I hit 5, I just play a quick CV game in the Shokaku for a sure win.

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

20ish. Was in my own private Idaho.

Members
184 posts
181 battles

I just finally won a match, and the funny thing is that I earned less credits on my winning match then I had with my losing matches. I was getting higher rewards on a loss. 

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

If I am not mistaken, my Dad and I both purchased the Ishizuchi when the game reset and went OBT.  It took us something like 17 (or was it 19) games before we got our first win.

Un-even carriers resulting in many 0-2, 1-2 matches where particularly brutal... with sometime T6/7 ships (seen Atlanta a few times). At least 3/4 of these games one of us ranked top three, and in half the matches we both where top 5.

My stats with the Ishizuchi never really recovered from the ordeal, but the credits income fueled my line grinding for quite a while.

In a weird, sadistic way, I miss these chaotic, unbalanced MM matches.  Much more fun a T4 than T7+ tho.

Different game back then.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,598 battles

5 straight losses in my Fletcher and the worst part was I played out of my damn mind in each one of them. Ordinarily I stop myself when the losses start piling up but that day... 

After a loss in which I killed 4 enemy ships, did 117k damage, spotted for 60k and saved countless teammates with smoke I watched the closest game of the night slip away courtesy of two full health Montanas setting up camp at the boundary. Enraged, I spilled my salt in chat and swore off the damned game. The next day I logged on...

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

I've gone around a good maybe 13 straight losses in my favorite ships at the time, though it was on the weekend. Funny thing is when I get those massive loss streaks I eventually end up with that one off match that turns out to be one of my best ever. So annoying just losing match after match though :(

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,640 battles

Lately it has , sadly, been in my new Yamato.

I have had some monster matches... but I only seem to with the ones were I nearly do anything.

Like 25% WR with 12 games in...

That being said... I don't care... because Yamato.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,832 battles

I don't think I've ever had more than a high single-digit in a row, but I've definitely had a few of those where I'm just banging my head on the table.

EDIT: I try really hard to not play the same ship in a row multiple times. I'm sure it's psychological, but I feel like it helps me mitigate the streaks.

Edited by pikohan

[SIM]
Members
1,745 posts

We've all had them, and they want to make you stop playing. But I was curious as to what you highest losing streak is? I just now hit 8 and counting. Still working on getting my x2 in my tier 3 German Cruiser, and I have a feeling that it might take awhile to get a victory in it. Especially when the matches seem to be so one sided. Everyone on my team dies while the enemy team losses maybe 1 to 3 ships.

So what's your highest losing streak, and does it ever force you to stop playing the game for the day or do you just move onto another ship?

Not that bad, my worst weekend was 35 losses and 3 wins.

Beta Testers
203 posts
1,116 battles

21 Games. I was blamed when I expressed my Grief about it and told to "Git Gud" when half the team dies and It's up to me and 3 others against 11 ships.

People on this game are fkin Savage and think that every time there is a losing streak, it's YOUR fault, not the teams for being [edited].

Members
184 posts
181 battles

Not that bad, my worst weekend was 35 losses and 3 wins.

Well I use to play World of Tanks, and my worse losing streak on that is 29 games. And so when I just recently got the 8 lost games in a row, it quickly reminded me on how bad it can get. Also when someone tells me "get good" I simply reply back with: "What do you expect me to do? Kill the entire enemy team on my own?"

21 Games. I was blamed when I expressed my Grief about it and told to "Git Gud" when half the team dies and It's up to me and 3 others against 11 ships.

People on this game are fkin Savage and think that every time there is a losing streak, it's YOUR fault, not the teams for being [edited].

I find that most of the games I lose on here are due to players not wanting to work as a team. So I guess you could say that it was the team itself losing. 

Edited by Emothic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

It was like a 10-15 streak game with my Shiny Horse.  I have yet to dig myself out of that hole...

[N-F-H]
Beta Testers
97 posts

Ever since the Graf Spee came out it's been a nightmare playing this game.  I stopped counting losing streaks after the second one at about fifteen losses in-a-row.  They happen more frequently and sometimes I continued the tilt just to meet a little bit of the requirements to get these missions done.   I even took a two week break thinking I could get back into the game fresh and blast through the missions, but no;  it really feels like players on my teams have been lobomotized and there have been afks everywhere(in one game there were two top tier ships that either never loaded in or went afk before the battle started and never came back).  Even trying to play ships I usually do good in or enjoy driving have been maddening.  Some low tier games just watching allies torp each other...I want to uninstall, but I know I'll be back.

Divisions don't work for me, I've been looking.  I've found some that are sociable and around my stats.  But it isn't enough.  I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and stop giving a ship about anything and just think about yoloing ship after ship every match until something sticks or I get bored.   Maybe I should see how low I can go as far as winrate.   That's what it feels like I've been doing even when I'm giving my best.  And yes, I do have matches where I know I could expend just a little bit more effort, but it's just getting easier and easier to just not even bother.   This scares me a little.  I'd like to win.  Winning is fun for me.  Or close losses.  Even those nail-biter battles where you can't call victory for one side or another until the final minutes.  Steamroll wins I'll stomach because it means I can play another ship and I won't have to look at the one I just played until next time I open the client.  Steamroll losses just get me really salty.  Unfortunately, the steamroll losses are becoming more frequent of late.

I do have bad days and bad matches/streaks.  They don't always correlate.  Sometimes I'm having a bad day and I play this game and have a good win streak.  Sometimes I'm having a great day and it's just loss after loss in-game.  It does have an affect afterwards, but these rewards in the convoy missions are nice.  Some ships to help me skip ships in trees and the permanent cammo is nice for grinding(if I really wanted to grind tier VI.  Lately, I don't really want to log in, but I have only a couple days left to finish these missions.  It's my complete fault for letting time slip by like this.  I could have played enough matches everyday to get the second crate to have enough experience for the missions by now; win or lose.

/end rant

Edited by Aatxe360

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,205 battles

In CBT it was 17 consecutive matches, all in the Amagi.  Outside of that the worst experience I've had since then were my first 9 matches in the Freddy G that resulted in 8 losses including an awesome 8 hit, 4k damage match.  The next 26 matches resulted in only one loss.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

In CBT it was 17 consecutive matches, all in the Amagi.  Outside of that the worst experience I've had since then were my first 9 matches in the Freddy G that resulted in 8 losses including an awesome 8 hit, 4k damage match.  The next 26 matches resulted in only one loss.

I had this one traumatic battle on my Tirpitz once 3-4 months ago. It was on a T10 match, with a 3-man div on my team, comprised of well known YT WoWs players. I did literally 0 damage that game, with about 20-30 shots on target... All of them either shattered or ricocheted. We lost. Sad day lol

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Had horrific teams tonight, this evening has been one of the worst for losing.

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,205 battles

I had this one traumatic battle on my Tirpitz once 3-4 months ago. It was on a T10 match, with a 3-man div on my team, comprised of well known YT WoWs players. I did literally 0 damage that game, with about 20-30 shots on target... All of them either shattered or ricocheted. We lost. Sad day lol

Been there, done that, lol.  That FDG match with 4k damage was just appalling;  all the worst mechanics and problems in the game just happened at once.  4 over pens, 4 bounces and 24 other shells missed entirely.  These were broadside battleships at 12-16km away.  

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

My longest was 54 games lost over about 6 days.  Its partly why my stats for all my tier 6 and 7 cruisers (Cleveland, Nurnberg, Yorck) are so terribad.  It was common for me to be top 3 XP earners on the losing side - just proving how bad my team was cos I am a rubbish player.  

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Been there, done that, lol.  That FDG match with 4k damage was just appalling;  all the worst mechanics and problems in the game just happened at once.  4 over pens, 4 bounces and 24 other shells missed entirely.  These were broadside battleships at 12-16km away.  

You, along with Mejash, were in that match lol

Though I can't recall what ship you were using. I think T10 at that time. It was Sea of Fortunes, Domination.

Maybe I should've used HE more on that match. Yamatos are tough cookies :p

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

17 in a row.

That's part of why I'm not playing as much lately. It's just become the same lopsided, wipeout crap that World of Tanks is and it did so virtually overnight. It's simply not worth bothering with that much at this point.

Edited by Gomez_Adams

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

Sad part is a large amount of players in this game do not care if they win or anyone else for that matter. They could have a 1,000 game losing streak and still post in the forums that they could not care less about winning. 

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

It's not the losing I mind so much as the obvious RNG rigging. It's become the exact same as Tanks: One game you hit every shot you fire and completely annihilate whatever you hit, then the next you literally can't hit the broad side of a battleship that's only 2km away, and even if you do you magically do no damage.

That's the real pisser of it all. If it was constant, or at the very least more consistent, I don't think anybody would care one way or the other. But the obvious RNG rigging simply insults the intelligence of any rational person.

• Cool 1