You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sink_Stuff

They Said I Camped and Didn't Help The Team...

100 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

4YXkDf6.jpg

"We lost because our Zao camped the back"

wlsem0s.jpg

No we lost because we had too many damn players who don't know, nor care, how to actually play the game to be effective for the team. The same problem with every single game, too many stupids. The same problem in life, too many stupids. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

Not saying that you did but I do tend to see a lot of Zao's sit at the back farming damage off battleships without really doing much for the team.

• Cool 8

[KMS3]
Members
1,293 posts
7,943 battles

Not saying that you did but I do tend to see a lot of Zao's sit at the back farming damage off battleships without really doing much for the team.

I would have to agree with that statement, it is a very common occurrence, they just hide behind stuff and flame away.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Someone started the "zaos need to stealth fire" meta and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.... used to see a lot of them get into closer ranged fights and make use of those torps.

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

Someone started the "zaos need to stealth fire" meta and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.... used to see a lot of them get into closer ranged fights and make use of those torps.

Zao's have monster scary ap volleys too if you can find a broadside cruiser.

8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Zao's have monster scary ap volleys too if you can find a broadside cruiser.

honestly the sitting in the back only using HE idea is the only reason I want them to demolish the stats that allow that cruiser to have its stealth fire ability.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

16k damage taken, barely 7 BB salvos' worth of total potential damage, and almost all of your damage was on enemy BBs.  I can absolutely see how you staying in the back - as likely happened - would have caused your team to lose.

This is the inherent problem with a railgun cruiser: the temptation to sit in the back and farm damage.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 5

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

So OP camps in back like most Zao drivers and then starts whine thread about team whining that he camped....I'd like my 2 mins back.

• Cool 6

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

So basically what you are all saying here is the OP should charge into the caps, do 40k damage, get fn nuked by every battleship and cruiser on the enemy team, and still lose..

Telling someone they 'camped at the back and only did 170k damage' so you caused the loss is laughable.  There are so many HP available in the battle and if he took 170k his team mates did sweet f all.

All of you need to get your heads out of your collective butts.

• Cool 8

Members
652 posts

I think there's only one true metric - winrate, so win or loss in this case. 170k damage as nice as it is is nothing if it's a loss. I had plenty of games with 150-250k dmg and 4-6 kills (few today in GK for example) and still loss and every time losing game force me to retrace my steps and find mistakes made and what can be done differently.

• Cool 1

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

I love it when people sit back at range. Just makes it easier for me to wreck the people who are actually playing the objectives.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

So basically what you are all saying here is the OP should charge into the caps, do 40k damage, get fn nuked by every battleship and cruiser on the enemy team, and still lose..

Telling someone they 'camped at the back and only did 170k damage' so you caused the loss is laughable.  There are so many HP available in the battle and if he took 170k his team mates did sweet f all.

We aren't saying that he should only play this way.  We're saying that, given the choice between pushing up and camping (where pushing up is viable), camping can result in a loss.  Given the OP's history, and that we don't know who is yelling at him, it's more likely than not that this was the case.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

16k damage taken, barely 7 BB salvos' worth of total potential damage, and almost all of your damage was on enemy BBs.  I can absolutely see how you staying in the back - as likely happened - would have caused your team to lose.

This is the inherent problem with a railgun cruiser: the temptation to sit in the back and farm damage.

Of all the T10 cruisers, Zao, Moskva and Hindenburg do not belong in the back, as they have the armor to deflect BB shells off of their deck and midsection armor.

Des Moines and Minotaur don't have the armor to sit up front, although Minotaur does have its smoke screen.

Hindenburg and Moskva are hampered by bad concealment, so they are poor up front and do better in medium ranges.

Zao has the best concealment, armor, top speed, HE alpha and railguns to nuke DDs up front, although it doesn't necessarily have radar to do spot them.

With that out of the way.

None of the T9 cruisers do well up front.

Edited by MrDeaf

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

Isn't damage the whole point though? I mean, he got 170k damage and 4 kills, that's easily 1 or 2 BB's down and maybe a cruiser and or a destroyer. That's already 30% of the enemy team down. Camping in the back or not he devastated the enemy team and did more than his share of the work. Why does capping matter if you'll just be sunk and do many times less damage? I mean there are times when you should cap in a cruiser, but you don't always get the opportunity.

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Isn't damage the whole point though? I mean, he got 170k damage and 4 kills, that's easily 1 or 2 BB's down and maybe a cruiser and or a destroyer. That's already 30% of the enemy team down. Camping in the back or not he devastated the enemy team and did more than his share of the work. Why does capping matter if you'll just be sunk and do many times less damage? I mean there are times when you should cap in a cruiser, but you don't always get the opportunity.

Doesn't necessarily mean he dealt most of the damage to those respective ships taken down. Yuugumo has 19k HP, and he dealt only 1/5 of its total HP in damage while still getting the kill. And capping does matter in controlling the points your team gets compared to the enemy team. If you basically hand off capping as less important, then you seriously need to revise how the game mode works.

I've seen teams that just go off chasing damage and kills instead of actually getting the points - and guess what? They lost. With one enemy DD left alive.

Additionally, Zao is the second stealthiest tier X cruiser - so why shouldn't you cap?

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I will be glad when they take away the Zao's ability to invisifire. Too many Zao captains sit in the back and snipe. Damage farming doesn't help your team win in most cases. Time and time again I see Zaos heading to the back of the map. The Zao has quite good armor if you angle properly and is better suited to be in midrange engagements.

Personally, I don't care how much damage you do. If you are not making good tactical decisions that benefit your team then your team is right for calling you out. 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

I hate myself for this, but I'm actually gonna defend the OP in this case. Look at the screencap: He has cap points. It's kinda impossible to get those camping. Now, I will say that he could have gotten them late in the match, because he was one of few left, but the reality there is if it's late in the match and few are left, they ain't cappin anymore. He has over 170k damage, and yes most of it is to BB's, but those cap and defense points show he wasn't camping in the back out of danger. As far as the low damage to his ship, wasd hacks ftw, yo.

I really do hate myself for defending him. >< However, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

• Cool 2

[TDM]
Members
152 posts
6,241 battles

With 170k of damage done in that battle, I think it's safe to say there were MANY other players on that team that did MUCH less to ensure a win.  Could he have been camping? Yep.. But to farm that much damage and try to blame him for the loss is a bit much.  There are 11 other players on the team and I'm sure most of them did not do their job to their best. I don't blame others for losing, but yeah sometimes you just cant' win regardless.. It does usually come down to HP and the OP did do his job at that.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

4YXkDf6.jpg

wlsem0s.jpg

No we lost because we had too many damn players who don't know, nor care, how to actually play the game to be effective for the team. The same problem with every single game, too many stupids. The same problem in life, too many stupids. 

Your cumulative stats shows that you have very high average damage done per game but low win rate.

Yes, you are just sitting back and farming damage. 

There's damage and there is damage. You have to do the damage to the right target at the right time of the match.

Damage on a target that almost died is far more meaningful than setting a full HP BB on fire. You want to help your team by focusing down targets or if able quickly, key word QUICKLY, killing an enemy by yourself. Doing 100k damage chasing a Yamato to the edge of the map is not as useful as doing 40k damage sinking 2 DDs. 

Damage done in the warship rating should be normalized. If the data on damage separates damage done on classes of ships, damage done on DDs should be normalized.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 3

Members
1,210 posts

Just looked and i see that most of the players saying he failed the team by camping and burning down battleships are battleship players.....hmmm just say'in

Edited by SteelClaw

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

4YXkDf6.jpg

Nice damage - so what? I don't see confederate in there, which tells me even more that you just farmed damage off the BBs instead.

I hate myself for this, but I'm actually gonna defend the OP in this case. Look at the screencap: He has cap points. It's kinda impossible to get those camping. Now, I will say that he could have gotten them late in the match, because he was one of few left, but the reality there is if it's late in the match and few are left, they ain't cappin anymore. He has over 170k damage, and yes most of it is to BB's, but those cap and defense points show he wasn't camping in the back out of danger. As far as the low damage to his ship, wasd hacks ftw, yo.

I really do hate myself for defending him. >< However, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

He has one cap point. Well, I can do the same thing and still be mainly camping.

yP59Ycr.jpg

0fcY9UP.jpg

He hardly took damage and hardly tanked a whole lot of shells, which tells me he wasn't up in / near the front line a lot. Hell, I have more potential damage avoided than him and more damage taken.

Partially my fault I didn't play by the game's objectives, and the rest of my team's as well. Same thing can be said about the OP

Edited by Personator
  • Cool 3

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Extremism at it's finest.

Instead of saying "play the field, look where I could go and react, help where is needed, etc."

Nope, we get

• Hit W
  • Put pants on head
  • Drool
  • Fire everything at once
  • Die

Awesome and very constructive, though pretty on par considering it seems as though "middle ground" has gone the way of the Dodo anymore.

Not saying the OP did anything right or wrong, merely responding to your post and your post alone.

But responding to both of ya, I must say, epic attitudes lads. lol Way to not even start at 0... You guys started at 60 and went from there... sheesh "Rawr" even

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Nice damage - so what? I don't see confederate in there, which tells me even more that you just farmed damage off the BBs instead.

He has one cap point. Well, I can do the same thing and still be mainly camping.

yP59Ycr.jpg

0fcY9UP.jpg

He hardly took damage and hardly tanked a whole lot of shells, which tells me he wasn't up in / near the front line a lot. Hell, I have more potential damage avoided than him and more damage taken.

Partially my fault I didn't play by the game's objectives, and the rest of my team's as well. Same thing can be said about the OP

I did note the lack of Confed or HC in his ach(not in my reply, which is my bad), I was simply stating that he got a cap, and it was all him, it was not an assist.