You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Zeka

What classes have you played so far?

30 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,363 posts
14,168 battles

Ah we've all had our time as a noob. I remember mine. I started off playing USN CLs up to tier III. Then I moved on to playing USN BBs (and I live still to regret it). Then after reaching the tier V NY, I completely lost interest in BBs. So I moved on to USN CLs/CAs. For the longest time I was a CA main. I have played only USN ships up to that point. The after reaching the New Orleans, I completely lost my interest in CAs. So I moved on to USN DDs. After reaching the Mahan at tier VII, I also moved on to the IJN DD line, but quit at tier IV. After returning to the USN line, I had a newfound liking of the Mahan, and played USN DDs up to tier IX with Fletcher and quit. Fletcher is where I lost interest in USN DDs. She's a good ship, but I just don't enjoy playing her compared to Benson. Now I've moved on to VMF DDs and have thus reach tier IX with the Udaloi. Still grinding for the Khabarovsk. At this point I know that DDs are my calling. I love being a fly in the soup. I love being irritating. I love generating salt. No other class is as good at that as DDs. How about you?

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

I started in OBT with the German Cruisers...before they fixed the overpen mechanic and any shell larger than 8 inches citadels me anywhere...I made it to Nurnberg before I decide I need something less depressing...

My second line is the American Battleships, and I made it to North Carolina and I disliked it (the rear turret traverse angle is really bad back then), therefore I moved on the IJN Battleship line, USN dd line and soviet cruiser line. Recently been stroking the German BBs a lot and I had great times. Currently have two tier Xs, Yamato and Moskva.At tier 9 I have Iowa. At tier 8 I have Admiral Hipper and Bismarck, and my grind on the USN dd and cv line rests on tier 6.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

well the FLetcher is WAY better than teh Benson... the gearing is not much better...

THe Kharb?>?? Man you should love that if you like the Udaloi

And if you lost interest in CA cause of the NO.... play the Russians.... you will change your mind...MOSKVA.....nuff said

Germans too... that ROON, and HINDY.... beasts...

But I am not sure about your FLetcher woes... it is so much better than Benson... Faster torp reload, guns, torp dmg, speed...it is just  so so much better...

But I feel your woes for a few things... moslty the cruiser woes at the NO... I really hated that one... 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,363 posts
14,168 battles

well the FLetcher is WAY better than teh Benson... the gearing is not much better...

THe Kharb?>?? Man you should love that if you like the Udaloi

And if you lost interest in CA cause of the NO.... play the Russians.... you will change your mind...MOSKVA.....nuff said

Germans too... that ROON, and HINDY.... beasts...

But I am not sure about your FLetcher woes... it is so much better than Benson... Faster torp reload, guns, torp dmg, speed...it is just  so so much better...

But I feel your woes for a few things... moslty the cruiser woes at the NO... I really hated that one... 

As far as CAs are concerned I doubt I'll ever touch one again. I hate fragile ships 
Edited by BlueMistPvP

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,577 battles

I have played all the classes and lines. I am a KM/IJN CA captain but dabble well into the BB and DD lines, have CV but rarely play. Haven't cared for the USN lines but have played them.

Edited by clpblank

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

My first line was the IJN CAs. I also started playing the KM CAs and the IJN DDs after a bit, but then I stopped playing them because of the Karlsruhe and Mutsuki. 

Then I started playing the IJN BBs, but I stopped at the Kongo, because I didn't really like the way they played. USN DDs were next, and I really liked them so I played all the way up to the Benson. By this point I had the Ibuki for the IJN CA line. I then gave the IJN DDs another try, and I'm at T8 now. 

The most recent lines are IJN CVs (which I suck at) and KM BBs (currently at the Bismarck). I also have the Fletcher now. 

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I played all 4 of them.

I am a Main BB player, ofc, but I did dabble in all the other 3.

I usually love DD, as long as they can torpedo run from stealth (so that rules out a lot of branches, and more and more as new radar and other stuff gets put into the game).  The more WOWS is get older, the less fun I find in playing DDs.  I really want a line of good torpedo boats back and I don't care if it's IJN revision or another line.  I loved the new German ones, but it's not the type of DD I want to play until t10.  Torpedo Acceleration skill is kinda useless with short torpedo ranges, and a lot of other strategies too.  With radar, nothing short of a 12km torpedo will do, heck 15km would be better (understand why I am slowly dropping DD play?).

I don't mind a game of cruiser here and there, even tho I'd rather just play a BB, but having godly accuracy is insane fun.  Many cruisers I play have torps as well so that makes it even more fun.  I almost never survive tho as cruisers get weaker as tier progress.  Also I prefer low tier Protected/Armored Cruisers to lean/fast high tier ones.  Hoping the French line will make interesting cruisers with maybe the last armored ones near T4 or T5.

I've played CVs, but very little of the because I kinda hate the current mechanics on how they work.  But I still got a Saipan, and will most likely get the Ark Royal as well...  My biggest beef with CVs is that you cannot chose your loadouts like you pick your ammo in World of Tanks, and also that IJN has too many squadrons, and USN not enough.  Hoping the British will bridge the gap between the two and crossing my finger for a customizable loadout (like that's gonna happen, but you never know with the rework).  Every now and then I manage a good game, but I'm clearly not a main CV player.

So play everything, provided there is something interesting for me to play in these lines.

[NET]
Beta Testers
630 posts
8,563 battles

while i  have a few cruisers in my port, i am mostly a dd and bb kinda guy. never have and never will play carriers.

[K0]
Members
1,758 posts
10,159 battles

I play everything, but I enjoy everything except cruisers. I want to love them, but cowering behind ships and islands just so I don't get banished to the shadow realm really kills the experience for me.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

All of them except KMS DDs - hesitant to start a new line when i'm already so close to completing a few other lines

[CAG-1]
Members
1,091 posts
3,900 battles

Started almost the day WoWS went live. Began going up US cruisers up to Pensi and saw an Atlanta and went oooooooooooooo :D 

Needless to say being that new and trying something with that kind of skill floor didnt do much for my stats :amazed:

Went up the US BB line to N. Carolina, then IJN DD line which after Minekaze I hated. Went US DD line and never looked back, found my niche. Benson and Fletch all they way!

Played around with KM BB's, they're fun but Im not that great, went up RU DD's specifically to get Kiev and whoa Momma, what a fun ship! I wreck face in her. Also like mid tier RU CL, yes even Kirov, I got a Kraken in her :teethhappy:

Tried to learn carriers but honestly I never could get the strafing thing down. Its like #$@!$% it hold still so I can shoot you :P

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Started out playing IJN CAs and USN BBs, decided to quit BBs and became a CA main, currently I pretty much switch between all my grinding CAs frequently (Chapayev, New Orleans, Yorck, Leander) and I think I'll stop once I hit tier VIII for those four lines, and dabble in DDs a bit. I do have all lines up to tier V though.

Members
79 posts
7,774 battles

I used to play mostly cruisers, but since the "BB meta" (sorry) became a thing, I play BBs and DDs more and CAs less. Never tried CVs and probably won't. I like the german BBs, the russian CAs and American DDs the most and other nations when I get bored of the usual ships. 

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I've had two starts, really.

First, when the game was in beta, the only lines avalible were Japan and American cruisers and destroyers, Japanese Battleships, and American Carriers.

Wanting to get a taste of everything, I went down both cruiser lines, the Japanese BB line, and the American DD line.

Then, the wipe happened and all that progress went out the window.

Knowing what I knew from my beta experience, I at first went down both cruiser lines, and the American DDs. I had gotten to tier IV in all of them when for whatever reason I just stopped playing.

However, many months later I ended my hiatus and returned, and continued those lines. When German Cruisers and Russian DDs were introduced, I decided to go down the Gemrman Cruiser line. When the Russian cruisers were released, I gave them a pass, but about that time decided to pick up Russian DDs.

When German BBs were released, I immediately jumped on board that bandwagon, same with British CLs. I also had a small adventure back down Japanese BBs at this time, in order to get Hosho (and found out I didn't like carrier gameplay much, selling the ship not long after).

I've also, since the IJN DD split, decided to play the gunboat line, although I've had a lot of fun with Minekaze and have yet to move on...

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,075 posts
30,855 battles

I've attained and played Tier X in all the lines except these:

German DDs - Currently Tier III, not impressed.  The only line I stopped due to this impression.  Not even the "OMG end this suffering!" of Low Tier RN CLs kept me from stopping progress since I grinded my way to Minotaur.  I honestly don't see anything the German DDs are any good at.

USN CVs - Currently Tier VIII Lexington

IJN CVs - Currently Tier VII Hiryu

Carriers - The rewards for CV play are lower (thanks WG, thanks, really) and the AA gets ridiculous the higher in tiers you go.  I already consider Tier VIII to be awful because those CVs face nothing but Tier X ships with insane AA.  Even Tier VII is a cr@pshoot because they can often easily see Tier IX AA.  Hiryu's Tier VI Bombers against Tier VIII-IX AA is a fruitless venture.

The rest of the lines have been okay, some more than others and have their strong points.  Of the Tier X's I've reached, there was only one ship line I regret doing that.  USN Cruisers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WWF2]
Members
593 posts
15,821 battles

Everything but CVs but only a handful of battles in a BB (Mikasa at that).  I was planning on grinding up the USN DD and IJN CA lines but with alĺ the talk about down-tiering at V I think I'll get to IV in all five navies until I'm not so tomatoey, then make the jump to V.  Besides, I like playing with my Smith.

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I started with razor focus playing only IJN DDs.  My first 1,000 matches or so were nearly 100% in that one class and I earned the Shimakaze before reaching t6 in any other line except the Aoba.

These days I try to keep it more diverse.  I'm trying to learn BBs, but it's a tough adjustment.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,823 battles

Man I would say I really went full circle on this one:

I started out in IJN BBs and got up to the Kongo, which everyone said was amazing, but being a real potato at the time, I couldn't make it work.

Went up IJN cruisers and got to the Mogami before thinking the same thing.

After that I tried really hard to play all the classes and understand their individual strengths and weaknesses, and even dabbled in CVs up to the T5s.

For now I'm back to being a BB main, and I've really enjoyed the Germans up to T6.

I'd say my second class is the gunboat DDs: I really love the playstyle, but I don't have good reaction times and I hate getting nuked by that random torp where I can't react fast enough to dodge. 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

As far as CAs are concerned I doubt I'll ever touch one again. I hate fragile ships 

My best games are in cruisers. WASD hacks OP.
  • Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

My best games are in cruisers. WASD hacks OP.

True, but some cruisers (IJN) can't WASD properly because of their slow turret traverse. 

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

USN BBs up to and including Iowa. (Also have the Ark Beta, Texas, and Arizona)

USN CL/CAs up to and including Pensacola, (Also have the Marblehead, Indy, and Atlanta) though in CBT and OBT I had the Des Moines

USN DDs up to and including the Fletcher and currently working on getting the Gearing. (Also have the Sims)

IJN BBs up to and including the Yamato. (Also have the Ishizuki) 

IJN CL/CAs up to and including Myoko. (Also have an Atago)

IJN DDs up to Yugumo. (Also have the Kamikaze R) 

DE BBs up to and including Freddy and currently working on getting the GK. (Also have the Konig Albert)

DE CLs only the Graf Spee.

RU CLs Aurora, Murmansk, and Kutuzov

RU DDs up to and including the Gnevny. (Also have the Gremy)

UK BBs I have the Warspite

UK CLs I have the Leander

I also have the Anshan and Blys.

My next line after completing the DEBBs will either be RU or DE CLs.

Edited by 4wilds

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

I play them all. The CVs are COOP queens for me though.