Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Santa's Convoy Quick Tips

17 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

For those who are wondering whether to continue the grind over the next few days, I discovered a few missions that can be ground through relatively quickly.  Missions 5, 6, and 7 have single pin tasks that can be accomplished in one or two Co-op games.  That's six to twelve Co-op games, plus the final task game to progress. 

Missions 5 has a 400 hit pin and a 50000 fire damage pin.  Both can be played Co-op.  If you have a fire spitter like the Atlanta (I even used the Cleveland) things go quick.  You can even run both tasks concurrently.  Co-op bots are easy to shoot and aren't particularly optimal on their use of damage control.  So you can get lots of hits AND set some long burning fires.

Mission 6 has a 10 torp hit pin.  Contrary to the data on WOWS wiki...this pin can be achieved in Co-op.  Again, we're talking bots where you can often drive right up and unload a broadside full of torps.  Not to mention, bots are aggressive, so no down time during the early game dance.  Just drive in an unload.  I had one eleven hit game.  But even with a 5 hit average you can plow through in about 12 Co-op games.

Mission 7 has a one pin "damage or destroy 15 modules".  Again, with fast fire spitters like Atlanta or Cleveland...or even some of the gunship DDs, you can sometimes get 15 in one Co-op game.  Hell, I got 20 on ONE ship in one game!  Never more than two games per pin.  And did I mention, bots love to charge ahead; no early game down time.

The grind through 5, 6, and 7 is viable via the Co-op route.

• Cool 3

Members
319 posts
5,590 battles

I did the entire mission 5 just by repeating the 400 hit pin.   took me about 90 minutes to finish in the Volcano of HE, Hotlanta.

[RLGN]
Members
19,165 posts
35,202 battles

Certainly an easier way to get done that what I've done the last few stages... Basically mid-tier, mostly non-premium ships; just accept I did that for 'Reasons,' instead of using my premium, high-tier ships, and leave it at that.

Good advice. +1.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Secondary hits count too so you can take out your t8+ KM BB or the Yamato. Used my Bismark to get it done.

[CYNIC]
Members
175 posts
20,137 battles

Don't know if I will make it. Tirpitz Camo is all the Grand Prize is for me, and don't know have one?

Edited by MassiveSalvo

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

I just run my regular doubles on the ships I like to play and have unlocked a segment every night since it went live. Should have the tirp camo tomorrow night with just regular hours played.  I don't find this all that difficult ..

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

Don't know if I will make it. Tirpitz Camo is all the Grand Prize is for me, and don't know have one?

you can make it in Co-op- its easy to repeat the pins in the last 3 missions - 

you dont have to have the ship to receive the reward, but once you do get the ship the reward camo will be waiting for you

Beta Testers
26 posts
468 battles

you can make it in Co-op- its easy to repeat the pins in the last 3 missions - 

you dont have to have the ship to receive the reward, but once you do get the ship the reward camo will be waiting for you

you need the ship though, the final mission requires 1 game in the tirpitz

so its either you buy it now and get the 100% free XP bonus every game or you don't and you miss out on that permanent bonus (also: bonus doubloons are a thing with paypal, so it will be that much cheaper)

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

I did the entire mission 5 just by repeating the 400 hit pin.

Yeah my Kiev got quite a workout doing these missions, did it all in Random though since I was also going for the XP/Base XP stuff.

Members
381 posts
25 battles

10 torps hit also can be done with carrier. For those for play this class, you should done it in less than 12 games just for 6 pin.

I saw requirement and I "Oh I won't be able to do xp mission to catch up with that."

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Missouri - 500k Credit Games = 3 x Games = Final Task

Easy.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

For the 15 incapacitation pin I use 200mm+ cruisers. I managed to get around 12 of those at once while shooting a Blyskawica.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

I did the entire mission 5 just by repeating the 400 hit pin.   took me about 90 minutes to finish in the Volcano of HE, Hotlanta.

Kind of explains the sudden explosion of Atlantas in mid tier matches. My graf had fun citadeling them.

Members
319 posts
5,590 battles

Kind of explains the sudden explosion of Atlantas in mid tier matches. My graf had fun citadeling them.

Forgot to add, I did it in Coop, where the average match was about 6-8 minutes.   The only problem was I ran out of targets several times, at about the 250 hit mark.

Rather humorous to hear me begging the team to not kill the last BB so I could get a few more salvoes in.

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

I seriously missed something... Did you have to buy the Graf Spee to be able to do Santas Convoy?  I never did have the opportunity to see this Campaign in my game....

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I finished to the Bayern, and honestly, it wasn't worth it for ugly camos on ships I enjoy, but have already passed. Would not do it again, feeling too burned out to play now.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I seriously missed something... Did you have to buy the Graf Spee to be able to do Santas Convoy?  I never did have the opportunity to see this Campaign in my game....

Been there the whole time, just need the Graf to unlock it....try scrolling left?

Sign in to follow this