You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kconvey_1

Pve players, How do you feel about the rewards?

84 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the rewards in pve are?

• Way too low, needs 100% Boost or more
    • Moderately too low needs 50-75% boost
    • Somewhat too low needs 20-30% boost
    • Just fine as is
    • I play Pvp so this isnt relevant to me.

69 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

If PVE was made very worthwhile to play, nobody would play PVP, defeating the purpose of the game.

• Cool 2

Members
1,819 posts

If PVE was made very worthwhile to play, nobody would play PVP, defeating the purpose of the game.

Um... do you realize what you just said, that people only pvp because of rewards, not because they actually want to play with other players... you do realize that right?

You are essentially saying pve rewards have to be artificially suppressed because players dont actually want to fight other players.

• Cool 5

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Um... do you realize what you just said, that people only pvp because of rewards, not because they actually want to play with other players... you do realize that right?

You are essentially saying pve rewards have to be artificially suppressed because players dont actually want to fight other players.

WG makes PvP games. PvE is an option but not the primary reason for the game. PvE rewards aren't meant to mimic PvP rewards because PvE for all intents and purposes is far less challenging.
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
434 posts

No, it's the fact that PVE is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than PVP thus the rewards are less. Therefore if the rewards were equal nobody would PVP because it's more work for the same reward. 

Members
1,819 posts

No, it's the fact that PVE is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than PVP thus the rewards are less. Therefore if the rewards were equal nobody would PVP because it's more work for the same reward. 

I polled this already, its mostly a myth, only about 20% would move over. And those are probably the 20% you dont really want on your team because they are yoloing, for fastest rewards anyway. Not going for good games or wins.

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

I don't understand the point of these threads. Why not just play in the training room?

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

WG's adding more stuff to PvE this year (unless that goes down like how "improving carriers" went last year), so I predict that WG's in the process of making PvE more enjoyable, and rewarding. Currently, PvE is just seal-clubbing bots, which isn't that fun.

Members
1,819 posts

I don't understand the point of these threads. Why not just play in the training room?

You cant earn and access new ships in the training room. 

This is mostly making the assumption that coop players want to level like pvp players do. Games have been teaching most of us to level up since we started holding a controller.

Members
1,819 posts

WG's adding more stuff to PvE this year (unless that goes down like how "improving carriers" went last year), so I predict that WG's in the process of making PvE more enjoyable, and rewarding. Currently, PvE is just seal-clubbing bots, which isn't that fun.

We dont know how long or if its going to happen. A full 1/3 of the players play pve exclusively, so we need help now.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

We dont know how long or if its going to happen. A full 1/3 of the players play pve exclusively, so we need help now.

A full 1/3 of players are exclusive PvE players? Something sounds fishy

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

Yes, it is easier and the rewards are lower, but a lot of PvE players feel it is just a little bit too low. 

The silver in the lower tiers is fine, but a slight boost in T6+ PvE would be helpful. You can do well in a high tier match and lose silver. Also the service costs are the same in both modes. So the silver reward is lower but you have to pay the same service cost in PvE?

I think the XP in PvE is fine. I can see some merit to the argument that if you boost PvE XP, then the people who play PvP that don't care about winning would be more likely to play PvE where they won't hurt PvP games by being bad. I don't think you can boost the PvE XP enough to keep the value for PvP and have people move. So I would be against boosting XP in PvE.

The signal flags you earn in PvP is fine and PvE should not get those rewards. What I would like to see is a list of what you had a chance to earn in PvP if you played that. Then PvE players who are learning can see when they do something right. For example, let's say a PvE player does well with the DC vs some firebug ships. In PvP he would have earned the Fireproof achievement. In PvE, you would have a field on the recap screen that would say, If you were in PvP or Ranked, you would have had the chance to earn a Fireproof award.

I play mostly PvE (almost 1300 games) and a little PvP (220ish games). The rewards in PvP are significantly easier to get. Check out the screen shots from yesterday with the Graf Spee I just earned. I got overconfident in PvP and focused on a broadside CL that I could shoot. So I walked into an ambush and was sunk right away by torps. I realize I turned the wrong way and maybe should have charged the Leander instead. I did a whopping 6.8k damage and got more silver and twice the XP than in a PVE battle where I did 49k and helped the team. So why is the PvP community SOO against a slight buff to silver so that you won't lose money in high tier games and to have the service charge reduced in proportion to the silver you earn?

U15Y52e.jpgxFb7LME.jpg

x9946PN.jpg9y4rqtS.jpg

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

PvE does not need a credit boost until the AI is made more difficult to warrant such a change.

[SALVO]
Members
16,492 posts
10,221 battles

1329da518ec28807bfc6b74bb048105cec42726b

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,578 battles

PvE does not need a credit boost until the AI is made more difficult to warrant such a change.

bam

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,615 battles

If an increase of 20 to 30% in rewards results in a substantial amount of players quitting or playing less PVP, then there is something seriously wrong with PVP

• Cool 1

[MAR_U]
Members
667 posts
8,114 battles

I polled this already, its mostly a myth, only about 20% would move over. And those are probably the 20% you dont really want on your team because they are yoloing, for fastest rewards anyway. Not going for good games or wins.

That poll and this poll are essentially meaningless for obviously reasons that I don't think I really need to state.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

A full 1/3 of players are exclusive PvE players? Something sounds fishy

Approx. 30% of the playerbase plays co-op battles consistently. That doesn't really say how many of those 30% play co-op exclusively.

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
502 posts
6,942 battles

#1. I doubt very much if WG cares if you play PVP or PVE all they want is a successful game that makes them money.

#2. The Halloween event showed that PVE can be made just as difficult if not more so then PVP.

#3. A lot of Players are sick to death of the Crap that is thrown around in battle chat by players that think they are all that or are so sad they actually look up stats of others during a match just to make the other person feel bad.

#4. PVP is currently the same boring match after match.

#5. Balancing of ships in PVE is way easier then in PVP and will mean even classes like carriers will be played more.

#6. The number of players world wide is large enough that PVP and PVE will be populated by more then enough of both. More PVE content that gives really good rewards may even get more paying players to play the game especially if these rewards are even better with premium accounts (which will help support this game).

#7. As stated in number 6 a lot of potential players will be turned off by the fact this game is only PVP geared which is limiting the number of players that want to play.

#8. Anyone who says "If you want to play PVE go find a different game" is short sighted and frankly doesn't understand that you can't expect WG to survive if this is the mentality that the company and the community takes. WOT, WOWS and even WOP would be doing far better in all regions if PVE was fully included.

#9. PVE would mean more players playing more often as PVE could be just the break even dedicated PVP players would like to enjoy, plus PVE would mean that more players may log in during off peak times because they have a mode to play without it being a waste of time.

#10. PVE could be the place to go in order to escape the weekend warriors that so many whine and complain about or they may play PVE more and leave PVP alone.

Just give it some thought, even if you are a completely PVP only player, PVE could provide the game and players some really strong positives.

• Cool 3

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

XP is fine, being ~40% of PvP

Credits are fine, being ~40% of PvP

Repair/ammo is NOT fine, being 100% of PvP.

That's the only issue, and nothing else.

Bring the maintenance to ~40% as well (leave consumables at same price) and there is no issue anymore.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Personally I've no issue with how rewards are in PvE. At least now there is the possibility for reward crates, and some rewards from the campaign missions.

Before there wasn't anything at all.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

The purpose of this game is warships. If you're only here because of PvP (and ships has nothing to do with it) then IMHO you're playing the wrong game. You're probably better off in WoT.