Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
richie_macrophage

F.D.G Help

9 comments in this topic

Members
952 posts
4,983 battles

Recently got the FDG. I have only played a couple rounds in her since I was focusing on Santa's Christmas Convoy, but I've researched the range and propulsion.

Not doing amazingly well (RNGsurance plz)

I still have higher than a 50% WR in it

Does it play any differently than Bismarck? It looks like it should play nearly the same at least. Also, tier 9-10 is not my strong points as I don't like playing those tiers. I belong to tier 7-8. Is there any secret to the FDG or is it just like another bismarck in terms of gameplay?

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

I run the primary battery accuracy and reload mods on FDG, the guns tend to hit pretty tight for a German BB and those 420s will go through a lot of stuff even when angled.  High tier BB meta likes to standoff at max range and chuck shells and FDG can't reach out that far.  I try to push up and support the initial DD/CA skirmish but I just find her too wide round the hips and slow at the helm to confidently roll into secondaries range like the Bismarck and Twins and torpedo beat through any resultant fish.  She is still great in a brawl and can win multiple close action fights in a match, but I find you need to be a little more circumspect before committing.

• Cool 1

Members
342 posts
6,006 battles

I feel for you, I just got this ship. I would have stopped at Bismarck but I wanted to have the Kurfurst and I am grinding through FDG. This reload time of 32 seconds is killing me. How can I be successful with FDG?

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Main Battery Modification 3 then you sending 420mm school buses down range every 28 seconds.

Edited by TheStarSlayer

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

Wish I could offer some advice but I am just bad in this ship and don't like playing it anymore. It's dispersion is just awful. This will be the end of the line for me but then again, I am a cruiser main. My division friend loves his though. I really liked the Bismarck so I find it odd that I despise this ship so much. Looking for advice also as it's not good at range, but when I push up, it gets focused on so not much is working for me.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

From what I can tell is it's a bigger Bismarck for the next tier. Unfortunately it turns far slower and is a bigger target. Most unfortunate is the passive meta where people are less likely to want to push. It should play exactly like the Bismarck, just harder to push at tier 9-10.

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85

[GSKUL]
Alpha Tester
340 posts

No love for the 406s? I never even researched the 420s. reload mod+406s=24s reload= tier 9 bismark clone. I ran a secondary build minus the reload mod (and i didnt have the tier 5 secondary skill). It's all about biding your time around the edges of the battle and behind islands until you get a chance where you know you won't have walls of skill chucked at you. then you dive in and get messy. I loved when i could get an iowa or montana alone, because a quick charge up next to them put you in position to hit those tall citadels at point blank. 

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

So, my captain is in retraining and my FDG is stock on the xp upgrades.  With that, I love it and know it will just get better.

It is not a Bismarck, the Biz is a T8 novelty ship, you don't want to fight T9 MM with the Bismarck build - in T9 you need real upgrades like guns, AA.  Just drive it like a real BB, because FDG is where it's at.  I won't be getting GK...  The 406s are legit, can't wait to try the dank 420s too.

Sign in to follow this