You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Need more friendly fire protections

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
825 posts
7,027 battles

I've had a couple games today when the same person waits until the end of the match and then goes around friendly torping the best player (player making the most impact on the game).  It was the only factor that swayed the games to a loss.

How many torps does it take for someone to get booted from the game?  The problem is that I ended up spending more time trying to dodge his torps and he wasn't even particularly good at torping but enough to change the entire outcome of the game dealing with that yahoo.

I personally think 1 or 2 friendly torps should, as a 1st stage, turn off the ability of someone to cause friendly dmg when he turns pink before then being booted if more friendly fire is recorded.  This way it still provides some realism for accidental torps but keeps jokers from ruining games.  

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

If you have a replay, I'd contact WG.

Most if not all damage should go back to the tker.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WORST]
Members
69 posts
10,777 battles

We all feel this pain. However, it does go both ways. I have had teammates turn into my torpedoes both intentionally and out of lack of awareness. I remember one scenario very clearly where I was off the port quarter of an allied BB. He was facing another BB that was broadside to both of us about 3km away. Now, being that my ally had just fired and had done very little damage, I communicated with him in chat, saying "Bismarck do not turn left, I'm going to dump torps at the enemy NC" he responded by saying "go ahead" I took that as a green light and fired. He then proceeded to turn right into my salvo with a prompt "F you Benson" and in all chat, "Report our Benson"

That's incredibly frustrating.

Just remember that the trolling can go both ways. There isn't an easy solution :\

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

I know of at least 10 times where a team mate intentionally ran into my torps. It's beyond frustrating. I can live with a penalty when the TK is actually my fault, but getting punished when someone does it on purpose, gah. I lost count of idiot TK attempters long, long ago.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

If they're actually being persistent, then just fire back.  From personal experience, I can say for certain that WG doesn't penalize you for self-defense if you file a support ticket.  Of course, the last time I was in that situation was before torps did -50% damage to allies so people running around plugging their allies were much more threatening.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
82 posts
7,993 battles

What if they just programmed the game so that you can't damage friendlies at all? Like in other MP games where friendly fire doesn't register at all.