You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
suleiman71

Question to no lifes

29 comments in this topic

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

My apologies if this is a bit personal.

True no life dwellers of the World of Warships forums - how do you make a living? How do you find the time to play 5,000+ games and how do you buy every premium and heaps of gold, premium time, and other premium content?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Staying on lookout for free stuff, pray for supercontainer... Premium time? Play Planes for it.

...Spent $0, have a couple premium ships and a decently-sized port.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

the guy with 7.3k forum posts wants to know how people with "no life" afford things.

the irony is strong with this one.

jokes aside, some people are just better off than others. it's a fact of life. insulting them won't change that. and apologizing for the insult in the same post doesn't erase it.

• Cool 3

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,474 battles

Simple. A good job, Age near retirement, working 40-hour weeks, and have no kids, so time and discretionary spending goes to hobbies and travel.

If you are young, just starting at work, working 50+ hour weeks, and raising a family, it is indeed tougher.

[SPTR]
Members
28,225 posts
21,249 battles

i Don't know how I live if I have no life... *sniffs* /-_\\

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

True no life dwellers of the World of Warships forums - how do you make a living? How do you find the time to play 5,000+ games and how do you buy every premium and heaps of gold, premium time, and other premium content?

​You have well over 7,000 forum posts ! Get a life joey !!!! I have over 150 ships and over 8,000 battles and all the premium ships . And yes people like me allows this game to be played for free.  And I have not played this game in over 3 weeks ,,, The rest is none of your business !!!!!  
  • Cool 2

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Well, I would spend money on other games I might enjoy.

But most of them turn out to be turds or things that don't interest me, so I'd rather spend said money on something I actually enjoy - like World of Warships.

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

It became something to fill the void.

Edited by Sharkbait_416

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Would imagine living with family may help. No real worries about housing and bills. Parking space sounds like it may become a problem though. Unless you buy the house next door. That would be interesting. An entire neighborhood street occupied by one extended family. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I'm still in college, so I don't buy stuff even if I have some money.  Most of my games are just because of me playing 2-6 matches a day to get those 50% first win bonuses, on top of some actual extended gaming sessions where I'll crank out upwards of 20.

Most of my forum responses are made while I'm either in between classes (or waiting between sets at a Smash tournament) or don't want to play the game .  The latter's becoming an increasing reality.

Edited by TenguBlade

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

When you snowboard 4 days strait.....You stop going out other than for work to rest up.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

the guy with 7.3k forum posts wants to know how people with "no life" afford things.

the irony is strong with this one.

jokes aside, some people are just better off than others. it's a fact of life. insulting them won't change that. and apologizing for the insult in the same post doesn't erase it.

​Heh... This is awkward.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

I work every night from 10PM to 8AM so I'd hardly call myself a no-life, the country I live in has cheap living costs and I have a high income, which thankfully allow me to spend a lot of money on entertainment/games and feel no negative impact whatsoever on my quality of life

Members
167 posts

View Postkhorender_1, on 15 January 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

My wife lets me be generous with my retirement

:D

now that's hilarious and a great response! +1

as for me personally... because I can...LIFES GOOD!

Beta Testers
336 posts

They are either in retirement, but that means they could keel over at any time (pun intended, not as an insult :P). Or they have no family and so can devote more time to personal enjoyment.

Or they won the lottery (lucky b*[edited]).

I very much doubt most of the high-playtime, high-skilled players are folks in the prime of their life working full-time and supporting a family. If you're doing those you pretty much don't play games, but then hey, you're furthering the human race so kudos to you!

Edited by Spongeman131

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

I have a full time job, two teenage kids who are high level athletes both of whom I coach one of their teams in one of their chosen sports. My job is remote but I do drive around most days.  So calling me a no lifer is fairly disrespectful considering what I do have and do in my life outside this game. 

For the most part other games do not interest me. Nor does tv.  The bulk of my gaming time is after 9pm in the evenings when the job is done and the kids are in bed and that is my time to play ships.  It is a rare night I don't play the game in some form from 5 to 20 battles.  In the winter I have more time to play on weeeknds. 

• Cool 1

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

OP, Thinly veiled snarky insult aside, you may notice that the overall age of this game is *much* older than many games.. Hence, many players are retired and have done well with their lives to provide resources to spend on digital ships... I, for one traded one hobby for another.. I used to be a member of a shooting club and shot 1 to 2 thousand clay targets a year.

Now I sink pixel ships.

What's the difference? The difference is this game allows "Free-to-play" players, something that shooting sports don't.

So, try not to make generalized assumptions.  Just because someone plays a lot, and collects ships doesn't mean they have no life.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I work 50 hours a week, go to school and have a wonderful girlfriend. I don't think I'd say I have no life. I also don't have 5000 games...yet, but I'm getting there pretty quickly. 

It's called playing your cards right, not having no life. WoWS is an excellent way to blow off some steam baking potatoes, so that's what I do.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I spend money here to subsidize the game for those who can't afford to do so. I have been well rewarded for every dollar invested in WOWS. No complaints.

Sadly we do have a few "no life" types here but the best way to handle them is to ignore them.

How many game have you played OP, considering you have over 7K posts?

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

Poorly worded post Op

Giving you the benefit of the doubt i play because I have worked and earned my way and can now enjoy the benefits of that effort. Time wise I rarley watch tv so while the missus watches her programs i play.

Now how about you go into a little more detail about yourself and the reason for your interest, or are you just trying to troll? 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

I'm a disabled USN veteran, that's how. I have nothing but time, and after bills, nothing else but games and vapes to spend my disability on, nor can I do much else.

All of that aside, insulting people is a bad way to go. Most actually do have lives, and many of us who don't have a damn good reason for it.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,846 battles

First of all, as mentioned, the troll seems strong with this one, but I'll bite: 5000 games isn't that many if you've been here since OBT or even CBT. It works out to about 9-10 games a day, and given 10 to 15 minutes a game, this is maybe two hours. Two hours a day might be a little much for a hobby, but not even that much considering weekends or holidays where you could do double or triple that. Just sayin'

That being said, I have seen some people with double that number, and that seems to be high, but likewise, retired, etc, all reasonable explanations.

Edited by pikohan