Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Personator

PSA - Graf Spee Reward in Campaign (plus poll)

Should you get a Prem Ship's worth in doubloons if you acquire it through a campaign? (provided that you bought the ship prior to completing the campaign)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. See title

• Yes
    • No

12 comments in this topic

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Hello Captains!

I'd like you all to know that if you have bought the Graf Spee from the Premium shop and are working to complete The Hunt for Graf Spee campaign, you will not be rewarded the Graf Spee in doubloons. You will get the ship's worth in credits (~7,050,000) instead.

Good luck and fair seas! :honoring:

Edited by Personator

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Honestly, no I don't think you should get the doubloon value if you complete the campaign and already have bought the ship, that would be like getting a refund on your purchase, in a sense.

However, I do think it would be fair to give players the full value of the ship in silver credits when they complete the campaign if they've already bought the ship in the shop. Giving only the sale worth doesn't seem fair.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Hello Captains!

I'd like you all to know that if you have bought the Graf Spee from the Premium shop and are working to complete The Hunt for Graf Spee campaign, you will not be rewarded the Graf Spee in doubloons. You will get the ship's sell worth (in credits: 3,525,000) instead. 

Furthermore, I'd like you all to answer the poll regarding this topic. I was pretty disappointed myself upon completing the Graf Spee campaign and not getting the ship's worth in doubloons back.

Good luck and fair seas! :honoring:

You get 7mio credits for her. I posted a screenshot last week. There I also explained why WG changed the gold you got in WoT in the case you already had the tank to credits.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Why would you expect to get the ship value back in dubloons? You chose to buy it, no one forced you too....:amazed:

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Honestly, no I don't think you should get the doubloon value if you complete the campaign and already have bought the ship, that would be like getting a refund on your purchase, in a sense.

However, I do think it would be fair to give players the full value of the ship in silver credits when they complete the campaign if they've already bought the ship in the shop. Giving only the sale worth doesn't seem fair.

Technically though, players who achieve the Graf Spee through the campaign & then buy it through the Premium Shop afterwards can get her worth in doubloons instead. Also, I can only speculate that it's sale worth from counting my credits. I may be wrong about it being only in sale worth 

You get 7mio credits for her. I posted a screenshot last week. There I also explained why WG changed the gold you got in WoT in the case you already had the tank to credits.

Ok, updated post. Sorry about the misunderstanding guys!

Edited by Personator

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Technically though, players who achieve the Graf Spee through the campaign & then buy it through the Premium Shop afterwards can get her worth in doubloons instead. Also, I can only speculate that it's sale worth from counting my credits. I may be wrong about it being only in sale worth 

Yep if you have the ship and buy it in the store or from a santa box you get the gold for it: you pay to get it a second time. If you get the ship again from a ingame event or the daily reward containers: you get the credits since you played to get the ship. The gold reward was abused in WoT by buying a tank like 30% off when it was at sale 1-2 weeks before you finished the mission. 

This is also the reason why you can buy the bundles only one time and bonus codes can be used only one time. There was a Intel promotion with a Jagdtiger 8,8 + 1000 gold and 30 days premium.Some Chinese sold those codes for 12-15$ and you could use 3 of them per account. 

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

That's a bit different though. You, or any other player, have put in the time and effort to earn the ship for free, then, you go to the premium shop and purchase it with real money. It doesn't make sense to get the credit value of the ship when you pay for it, even if you already earned it for free.

Yes, you can convert doubloons to credits in-game, but you can't outright buy credits in the premium shop. You can buy doubloons, which are essentially the in-game equivalent to real world dollars.

Bought ship > completed campaign > credit value of ship.  WG has not lost any revenue, though they may not have made any revenue either. Net-neutral.

Completed campaign > bought ship > doubloon value of ship.  Here WG has made revenue because you purchased an item from their store, even though you've already earned the item in-game. It would be underhanded of WG to give you something other than their in-game premium currency which has a real world monetary value attached to it unlike in-game credits/silver. Net-positive, and the player was compensated fairly for their purchase.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Yep if you have the ship and buy it in the store or from a santa box you get the gold for it: you pay to get it a second time. If you get the ship again from a ingame event or the daily reward containers: you get the credits since you played to get the ship. The gold reward was abused in WoT by buying a tank like 30% off when it was at sale 1-2 weeks before you finished the mission. 

This is also the reason why you can buy the bundles only one time and bonus codes can be used only one time. There was a Intel promotion with a Jagdtiger 8,8 + 1000 gold and 30 days premium.Some Chinese sold those codes for 12-15$ and you could use 3 of them per account. 

That's a bit different though. You, or any other player, have put in the time and effort to earn the ship for free, then, you go to the premium shop and purchase it with real money. It doesn't make sense to get the credit value of the ship when you pay for it, even if you already earned it for free.

Yes, you can convert doubloons to credits in-game, but you can't outright buy credits in the premium shop. You can buy doubloons, which are essentially the in-game equivalent to real world dollars.

Bought ship > completed campaign > credit value of ship.  WG has not lost any revenue, though they may not have made any revenue either. Net-neutral.

Completed campaign > bought ship > doubloon value of ship.  Here WG has made revenue because you purchased an item from their store, even though you've already earned the item in-game. It would be underhanded of WG to give you something other than their in-game premium currency which has a real world monetary value attached to it unlike in-game credits/silver. Net-positive, and the player was compensated fairly for their purchase.

Ah. Fair enough. I'll retract the poll then. Thanks for the info & reasons 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

I bought the unbundled Graf Spee. I don't think I should be given the doubloon value.

I understood the catch. Play for free to get Graf, and have a short time left for the Santa convoys. Or buy Graf to give myself the most time. As far as I'm concerned that's fair enough.

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,055 posts
33,020 battles

It's absolutely the players choice to buy a ship they give you for free so I don't think there is any merit to getting compensated in game by what equates to real world money.

Sign in to follow this