You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AprilMapleLeaf

I did 158323 damage in a stock Bayern in a tier 8 match.

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

Compared to the New Mexico and the Fuso the Bayern really is easy mode at stock. I was shocked myself how well I did the first time I played it, didn't get as much damage but had a similar experience. Got fireproof and dreadnought awards.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Bayern is a good ship, but you were facing potato soup, cause that Lexington should have sunk you in the first few minutes.:teethhappy:

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Still relevant...https://gifsound.com/?gifv=rTTJ843&v=cxjvTXo9WWM&s=110

You should upgrade and start using your secondaries though, brawling with her is just too much fun.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

That's a heart breaking loss.  I, too, am amazed that you escaped their notice as long as you did.  Personally, I didn't like the Bayern in any configuration.  I certainly never managed a damage number like that...might have broken 100k once or twice, but that's it.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Great game.

Personally, I rank T6 BB's as such: Arizona > Bayern > Fusou > Warspite > NM.

The Arizona I see as really great, mainly part because of it's accurate guns. The AZ aside, the Bayern is by far the tankiest in T6, therefore it's very forgiving and fun to take out. Specially with the camo from the Convoy Campaign! :D

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

Bayern is a good ship, but you were facing potato soup, cause that Lexington should have sunk you in the first few minutes.:teethhappy:

I agree! No AA and crap rudder on Hull A makes you an easy target for CVs.

That's a heart breaking loss.  I, too, am amazed that you escaped their notice as long as you did.  Personally, I didn't like the Bayern in any configuration.  I certainly never managed a damage number like that...might have broken 100k once or twice, but that's it.

Once you figure out how to get the Bayern into REALLY close quarters for brawling,that's when it shines.I am surprised the OP seems to have done this all at a distance,as no secondary hits have been counted!
  • Cool 1

Members
19 posts
1,874 battles

Yes. The thing is, the Lex instead focused on the other Bayern, so I am free to do damage :aqua:.
Edited by AprilMapleLeaf

Members
19 posts
1,874 battles

I agree! No AA and crap rudder on Hull A makes you an easy target for CVs.

Once you figure out how to get the Bayern into REALLY close quarters for brawling,that's when it shines.I am surprised the OP seems to have done this all at a distance,as no secondary hits have been counted!

The enemy team has chosen to come to me one-by-one at range, so that's why there are no secondary hits.

Also the Lex chose to focus on another Bayern so I escaped!

Edited by AprilMapleLeaf

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

The Lex might have been AS loadout, although it should have shot down more planes if that was the case.

But yeah, stock Bayern has garbage AA so the Lex should have focused him down first.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

The enemy team has chosen to come to me one-by-one at range, so that's why there are no secondary hits.

Also the Lex chose to focus on another Bayern so I escaped!

Ah,makes sense now! Normally if its a long range duel I can do the Bayern's HP in damage dealt,any more than that I need to get close in.You did very well!

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Yes. The thing is, the Lex instead focused on the other Bayern, so I am free to do damage :aqua:.

I don't have to be faster than the bear, I have to be faster than you.  :trollface: