Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Icon request

10 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

So, I went pink in co-op.

I was in my Graf Spee and I fired over a friendly DD. Well those shell arcs are VERY low and I nipped his smokestack. Can we have an icon similar to the mountain one that tells you if the shot could hit a friendly?

• Cool 6

Members
143 posts
5,704 battles

Not trying to sound like a smart [edited], but here goes. It's kind of the same thing firing torps as guns, you need to be "aware" of whats around you before you fire. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a "team DD" try to fire through my ship to hit an enemy with guns. It's a simple thing to get out of binocular view for just a second to see what's around you if by chance you look at the mini map and see a green "friendly" icon right next to you. I've also made the mistake of hitting teammates, and I've learned to glance at the minimap, and right click to get a snapshot of what is around me before I left click.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I have no sympathy, absolutely none, for someone going pink especially in a Co-op Battle (& you only have an average 51% WR there? :facepalm:).

Edited by aethervox

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

I was in my Graf Spee and I fired over a friendly DD. Well those shell arcs are VERY low and I nipped his smokestack. Can we have an icon similar to the mountain one that tells you if the shot could hit a friendly?

Sounds like a potential captain skill to me. One that tells you if you will hit an enemy with your shells or torps or other attacks. It would obviously have to be a 5 point skill, because you make it any less and a newbie will get it right off the bat without understanding the magnitude of WHY they have such an item.

And I think it comes down to that new players will use it like a crutch while veteran players will use it to enhance there situational awareness. And the new players using it would ruin its intention. Overall I like your idea, but it would be too difficult to judge if it would do the most good for the most amount of people. 

• Cool 1

[R-A-W]
Beta Testers
285 posts

Like it matters anyway. I rarely notice that icon for land and if the ship icon is made the same way I'll never notice that either. Situational awareness and right mouse button works wonders. People should learn it and really, after a person has damaged friendlies a few times you'd think they'd learn to pay attention.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

I have no sympathy, absolutely none, for someone going pink especially in a Co-op Battle (& you only have an average 51% WR there? :facepalm:).

Lol not sure where you got that from Sherlock. My stats say 95.36%.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1019091013-pewpewpew42/!/pve/overview/

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Yeah some ships just have arcs that are too flat, while other ships have really high superstructures. I've had this problem with the Roon a few times. A shell scratch friendly BB that is in front of me, a fire starts and I lose half of my HP.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you aware that a friendly is there or not, you can't know if your salvo will hit him until you shoot. So yes, an icon would help.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Hey, that's a pretty nice idea. Hadn't thought about it myself.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Like it matters anyway. I rarely notice that icon for land and if the ship icon is made the same way I'll never notice that either. Situational awareness and right mouse button works wonders. People should learn it and really, after a person has damaged friendlies a few times you'd think they'd learn to pay attention.

Well, people would still shoot even if they see the mountain icon because some shells might still make it. So over time you may just tune i tout. But a FF icon, you'd be putting more attention to that. And funny you talk about situational awareness. You might be on zoom-mode, and a friendly ship might pop up close by, and you would shoot and nick your buddy by accident. But with a FF icon, you'd at least know that someone is there now, even if you were zoomed in the whole time.

Sign in to follow this