You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Current meta captain skills for Atlanta?

7 comments in this topic

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

There are a couple of viable builds.  Here's what you'll aim for with a 15pt Captain:

Anti Aircraft Build:

• Basic Fire Training
  • Last Stand
  • Vigilance
  • Advanced Fire Training
  • Manual Fire Control for AA Armament

Anti-Destroyer Build

• Basic Fire Training
  • Last Stand
  • Vigilance
  • Demolition Expert
  • Concealment Expert

Gunship Build

• Basic Fire Training
  • Last Stand
  • Vigilance
  • Demolition Expert
  • Advanced Fire Training

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Gave Santa one last go for the hell of it, got the Atlanta. Just wondering what the current meta captain skills for her are.

Mouse nailed it.  But personally I always go for AFT over DE first. That 11.1km range is just BRUTAL going against other ships, that 13.3 helps out a LOT.  But if you have say 14 points and want something in a hurry grab DE.

Though once 6.0 swings around the entire build is gonna change in a hurry.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Gave Santa one last go for the hell of it, got the Atlanta. Just wondering what the current meta captain skills for her are.

1. BFT - for faster reload.

2. Fire prevention - so DDs and CAs dont burn you as much.

• Expert marksman is useless since turret already turn very fast.

3. Vigilance or Superintendent - one of these is an obvious choice, I personally take Vigilance since radar is relatively short ranged and there arent really that many occasions during which you stay alive long enough to use up every single radar charge during a particular match.

4. AFT - for 13km max range, however you wont be hitting much past 11km.

5. Demolition Expert - MUCH better than concealment, since Atlantas concealment is already solid and the extra 60% fire chance turns you into a fire spewer.

• Concealment is also an acceptable choice but a less efficient one since Atlanta is stealthy enough as it is.

Members
296 posts
5,745 battles

1-Priority Target: Quite useful for a ship which is public enemy #1.
1-Preventive Maintenance: Keeps turrets working, helps protect propulsion and steering since we are forgoing Last Stand.

2-Adrenaline Rush: Easy to quickly lose HP in this ship.  Increase in fire rate is marginal, but multiply savings by 16 rifles.

3-Basic Fire Training: Synergizes perfectly with 5 inch guns.

4-Advanced Fire Training: Synergizes perfectly with 5 inch guns.

4-Manual Fire Control: Personal preference for strong AA, but you could also swap this for Concealment Expert.

4-IFHE: Helps her penetrate armor of tiers 6 & 7 she will be matched with, but ineffective against 8.

I miss the Demolition Expert I used before the re-skill.  I've never used Concealment Expert.  You really have to make a choice of who you are going to be, there are many skills which would benefit her.

Edited by stubbornoctopus