You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Commander_KR

Hot Dog Player Intentionally Team Killed Me

26 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
216 battles

We were two destroyers attacking a CV, I was barely alive. Once he sunk it, he sunk me, too, and continued to laugh it up in chat as I said, "wth??".  It was no accident, no stray torp, he shot me with guns, with intent. Sure, I reported him and urged everybody else to on my team and on the opposing team. He laughed it all off, the arrogant team killing SOB, as he continued from that point forward to win the game for our side. Like it matters. Like it matters ONE BIT.

Do we want team play in this game? YES OR NO? It is already as hard as herding cats. First step: purge the idiots and jerks who actively, with delight, undermine the very concept.

Edited by Commander_KR

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,829 battles

You can't name him in these forums or YOU will get in trouble.. 

Best to fill out a support ticket with replays or screenshots.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

First, remove his name or you could get banned for naming and shaming.

Second, submit a ticket, hopefully with either a screenshot or replay attached.

Third, get used to pinheads who can only enjoy themselves by trying to take something away from someone else, the game is full of them.

Members
6 posts
216 battles

But, frankly, at this point, I don't care if I get banned. I'm a new player with not much investment in this game. The way this is going, what investment I have is going to be scaled down hard.

Edited by Commander_KR

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Welcome to online games.  Its frustrating but some people are just jerks.  Dust yourself off and move on.  Its a fun game and guys like that are fairly rare.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Welcome to online games? Really? Don't worry. The game is now uninstalled. Have fun.

Your loss,  man.  I wasn't being insulting or condescending,  you are just going to encounter people like that online.  It sucks but if you let people like that bother you then you're never going to be able to enjoy anything that involves other people online.

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

Wonder if he unistalled all of his online games...? :yes_cap:

Frankly, I've never had this problem. Ever. In over a thousand games. Grumbling, yes. Poor sportsmanship on the part of allies, definitely. A deliberate TK? Nope. I have been sank by secondaries. And a stray torpedo. I don't think I haven't ever had the offending party not apologize. Hell, I've accidentally sank other players. A swift, profuse apology was my next course of action. About the only thing that comes close was somebodies intentional action against another pink player. I advised the offending party that if he did it again i would put rounds into him. After a warning shot across his bow, he spent the rest of the time on the other side of the map.

My point is your sample size is really, really small.

• Cool 1

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Frankly, I've never had this problem. Ever. In over a thousand games. Grumbling, yes. Poor sportsmanship on the part of allies, definitely. A deliberate TK? Nope. I have been sank by secondaries. And a stray torpedo. I don't think I haven't ever had the offending party not apologize. Hell, I've accidentally sank other players. A swift, profuse apology was my next course of action. About the only thing that comes close was somebodies intentional action against another pink player. I advised the offending party that if he did it again i would put rounds into him. After a warning shot across his bow, he spent the rest of the time on the other side of the map.

I've seen it before.  I've also been the target of purposeful damage from team mates. I've also had people blame me for launching their torpedos into me.  But I'd say thats around ten times in my over 1500 games.  It happens sure.  Just not very often.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

I've seen it before.  I've also been the target of purposeful damage from team mates. I've also had people blame me for launching their torpedos into me.  But I'd say thats around ten times in my over 1500 games.  It happens sure.  Just not very often.

Exactly my point. I'm sure it does exist. But as a rule? nah. The community is pretty well behaved, and i'd say that's probably because of the content and age demographic.

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

There are some real jerks out there.  I was intentionally sunk while driving a Myoko on the North map the other nite by a BB  who claimed it was 'accidental'.  Problem is,  there was only 1 other enemy on the map and it was a spotted CV nowhere near me.  I was fired at 2 other times in that same battle by other 'team' mates as well.   Wasn't even chatting in game.  Go figure.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Op...listen, some things to be aware of being that you are new, this game is typical of online games and very typical of the types of games that WG puts out whereby there are always going to be those types of players that are out for themselves and could care less about anyone else or what they do to them, hence your being TK'd.  WG has always failed to take a strong and firm stance against those that typically will make every attempt to ruin others game play.  But at the same time, don't give up, when something happens such as you getting purposely TK'd by another player, send in a support ticket explaining what happened, with screenshots and replays of the incident, there is always the possibility that WG will act on that individual if they receive enough complaints.  Those that commit these types of acts usually hang themselves over time, you know, the ole saying, give them enough rope, they will hang themselves.  Be diligent and don't let one incident chase you away, it does happen, this may have been your first time, and eventually it will happen again at some point.  Hang in there and good luck out there!  Just a side note: don't hang yourself when something like this happens, don't get overly chatting with them, don't let them know you are angry, stay cool and know that they will get theirs eventually.

Members
327 posts
14,847 battles

Welcome to online games? Really? Don't worry. The game is now uninstalled. Have fun.

tldr:  WG should miss the potential income you represent but they probably won't, and you are making the right choice.

I'm glad you uninstalled.  Really.  

No - this isn't some snarky and unoriginal "Don't let the door hit you in the [edited]." post.  

This is understanding and support for the action you have chosen to take.  

It will mean less potential money for WG.  

Some might argue that WG makes more than enough money so it doesn't matter, and they might be right.

WG wants all the money it can make - it's a business and they should be sorry to lose even ONE potential customer.  

Others have said TK jerks are rare - and they are in my experience.  

That's not the point.  Cancer is relatively rare, too - which shouldn't get in the way of seeking to eliminate it.  

And that TK jerks happen at all should be unacceptable.  Period.  

The penalties are basically toothless unless someone abuses those rules repeatedly over a short period of time.  

And the jerks know how to game this fact.  

It's unacceptable and there SHOULD be zero tolerance.  

You unquestionably kill someone on purpose and you should be thrown out.  Forever.  

And I say this as someone who has killed team mates.  

I say this as someone who has killed a team mate on purpose and NOT turned pink - because I don't do it very often.  

As a matter of fact, the couple of times I purposefully took out team mates - they had it coming (in my opinion) for killing one friendly and going after another -  I DIDN'T turn pink.

No warning in game or back in port.  Nothing. 

And I've NEVER taken out a "friendly" who was engaged in taking me out.  Beyond dodging torps and avoiding, I've always let them - I've never shot back.

I don't make a habit of team killing.  

Strangely, though - I have accidentally put torps into team mates a couple times who zigged hard and fast and covered a lot of ocean to get to where my slow American torpedos were going, and those times I DID turn pink.  

And again, never a warning I was behaving outside the rules or I better watch my [edited], beyond turning pink that is.  

All this to say their methods of dealing with people who flaunt the rules and ruin the experience for others are essentially toothless and clumsy and they need to do better in my opinion.

Again, you have made the right choice and WG should consider how they have lost potential income and take steps to get you back - if only because it's good business.

Members
6 posts
216 battles

​Well, he shot me and I called him on it in chat, and he laughed about it and mocked me in chat. FUNNY THING, the very next battle there he was again, on the opposing side. I called him out on it in BOTH games. I was the bad guy.

Small sample size? I that's TWO IN A ROW with THE SAME INTENTIONAL TEAM KILLER. And I WAS THE BAD GUY.

Members
6 posts
216 battles

tldr:  WG should miss the potential income you represent but they probably won't, and you are making the right choice.

I'm glad you uninstalled.  Really.  

No - this isn't some snarky and unoriginal "Don't let the door hit you in the [edited]." post.  

This is understanding and support for the action you have chosen to take.  

It will mean less potential money for WG.  

Some might argue that WG makes more than enough money so it doesn't matter, and they might be right.

WG wants all the money it can make - it's a business and they should be sorry to lose even ONE potential customer.  

Others have said TK jerks are rare - and they are in my experience.  

That's not the point.  Cancer is relatively rare, too - which shouldn't get in the way of seeking to eliminate it.  

And that TK jerks happen at all should be unacceptable.  Period.  

The penalties are basically toothless unless someone abuses those rules repeatedly over a short period of time.  

And the jerks know how to game this fact.  

It's unacceptable and there SHOULD be zero tolerance.  

You unquestionably kill someone on purpose and you should be thrown out.  Forever.  

And I say this as someone who has killed team mates.  

I say this as someone who has killed a team mate on purpose and NOT turned pink - because I don't do it very often.  

As a matter of fact, the couple of times I purposefully took out team mates - they had it coming (in my opinion) for killing one friendly and going after another -  I DIDN'T turn pink.

No warning in game or back in port.  Nothing. 

And I've NEVER taken out a "friendly" who was engaged in taking me out.  Beyond dodging torps and avoiding, I've always let them - I've never shot back.

I don't make a habit of team killing.  

Strangely, though - I have accidentally put torps into team mates a couple times who zigged hard and fast and covered a lot of ocean to get to where my slow American torpedos were going, and those times I DID turn pink.  

And again, never a warning I was behaving outside the rules or I better watch my [edited], beyond turning pink that is.  

All this to say their methods of dealing with people who flaunt the rules and ruin the experience for others are essentially toothless and clumsy and they need to do better in my opinion.

Again, you have made the right choice and WG should consider how they have lost potential income and take steps to get you back - if only because it's good business.I

​Thank you. In my brief career I also sank a few teammates. Not many! And I felt awful about it, that was never my intention. But it does happen, and when it happened it was my fault and my bad.

I just started playing the game over Christmas. I liked it and bought some premium ships (Smith, Aurora, Emden). I also bought 90 days Premium. And, I also bought some doubloons (5000).

The thrill is gone, Wargaming.net.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I get that getting TK'd sucks the wet end, but if a moron killing you is all it takes for you to quit, I'd suggest following through.

I've been multi-player online gaming awhile now and it's about a non issue as there is in today's online environment.

It's unfortunate that you couldn't overcome the asshattery, but the element is omnipresent in online gaming. Good luck finding a game that suits your sensibilities.

Members
433 posts

We were two destroyers attacking a CV, I was barely alive. Once he sunk it, he sunk me, too, and continued to laugh it up in chat as I said, "wth??".  It was no accident, no stray torp, he shot me with guns, with intent. Sure, I reported him and urged everybody else to on my team and on the opposing team. He laughed it all off, the arrogant team killing SOB, as he continued from that point forward to win the game for our side. Like it matters. Like it matters ONE BIT.

Do we want team play in this game? YES OR NO? It is already as hard as herding cats. First step: purge the idiots and jerks who actively, with delight, undermine the very concept.

That kind of troll player usually is a f2p that just plays for a while, gets bored, tk's a bunch, gets maybe a temp ban then drops the game altogether or gets a permanent ban. Rarely see them past tier 3.

Search out the most recent instructions to enable replays (its not a permanent feature yet, soon probably), and be prepared to submit a replay whenever you see poisonous chatlogs or moronic tk's. somewhere in the threads that you're going to search is the dev email account that is used to gather these pieces of evidence.

the devs take player experience very seriously, and if enough strikes are gathered that player's time in warships is ended. 

A word of warning: don't submit to that email frivolously, lest you yourself merit a punishment.

for the longterm what I suggest is grind through the low tiers as fast as possible. Get to tier 5+ as quick as you can, it gets a lot better there.

I do admit that this game can show you the worst it has to offer very early on (rage, salt, tks, no responsibility for torpedoes), but with some persistence you're soon going to see the real gem of gameplay, and it really is worth the wait. But you can't have a pretty looking gem without grinding the @#$% out of the stone first, right?

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I had one match yesterday where a 3-man division TK'd...well, at least two of them.  Their Fubuki killed me, Their Aoba smoked our NC (both with torps).  I didn't hang around to see if the third member was going to "coincidentally/accidentally" kill another of our teammates.  Pretty frustrating.  It's a little galling to know there is no significant penalty for that sort of idiocy...but, such is on-line gaming.  I think I'll start saying the reason I don't push is because my team keeps torping me. ;-)

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

With 3500 games and over a year of playing at Wows the number of times someone has purposely TKd me is 1 it doesn't happen that often, there are definitely idiots here eventually there behavior catches up with them and they get banned, develop a thick skin and report bad behavior weather it be Chat or other.. then move on .. its just a game

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

​Well, he shot me and I called him on it in chat, and he laughed about it and mocked me in chat. FUNNY THING, the very next battle there he was again, on the opposing side. I called him out on it in BOTH games. I was the bad guy.

Small sample size? I that's TWO IN A ROW with THE SAME INTENTIONAL TEAM KILLER. And I WAS THE BAD GUY.

And you'll rarely see him. It's rare that I see the same person in any given match, but then, I jump through tiers.

I'm serious when I say it's not worth the emotion you're venting here. Look at the number of people saying how rare it is, and we've got no reason to lie to you. We don't want you in the game that badly.

Edited by Mulletproof

Members
1,819 posts

Team play is incidental, personal stats and achievements are all that matters.