Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Camo68

Which German DDs are keepers?

Which German DDs are keepers?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Select which German DDs that you enjoyed playing and will keep.

21 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

I am interested in how you are finding the German DDs.

Which ships have you enjoyed playing and will keep once you have upgraded?

At the moment I am on the V-170 and in the last month have been distracted with other ships. Now I am looking at getting back into them.

Edited by Camo68

Members
169 posts
9,481 battles

I'm at the z46 and honestly the only one i'll keep so far is the z23.Good stealth and the 150s pack a wallop.

[DENTD]
Members
225 posts
8,788 battles

I got the Z-52 and its my favourite hands down, you can stealth fire from 14.4 km and shoot out to 16.8 km :)

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

I'm at the T-22 and I find it less fun than a stock Hatsuharu.

No keepers so far.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

I got the Z-52 and its my favourite hands down, you can stealth fire from 14.4 km and shoot out to 16.8 km :)

I've played this on the PT server and have had some fun!

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

Only got to the Ernst Gade but I kept the V-25 and V-170. If I like the Ernst Gade as much as I did in my first 2 battles with it, I'll be keeping that one too for sure.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Only at the Gaede so I can't really comment on the whole line yet, but...there really should be a poll option for "none". :P

I would say the V-25 if the wait times for T2 battles weren't so much longer than higher ranks.

[FEM]
Members
279 posts
12,703 battles

V-25, Maass, Z-46 and Z-52 are fun and worth keeping.

T-22 and Z-23 and piles of crap and among if not the worst DDs in the game.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

Only at the Gaede so I can't really comment on the whole line yet, but...there really should be a poll option for "none". :P

Poll updated :yes_cap:

[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles

Z-23 is a fun ship to play. Just got the Z-46 today and so far I haven't quite liked it, but thats only because I had to have a new captain as the Z-23 captain wouldn't work for it. I think once I get the detection down it will get better. Also I am excited for the torp reload mod that I think is supposed to get its reload down to something around 59 seconds or something. We will see.

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

Got the Z-52 and its been a rough start, games are so lopsided you win big, or lose big (seems to be the latter as usual...).

Personally I find it a comfortable T10 DD to drive, 81AA rating and I've got my torp reload down to 69secs (i still suck at hitting stuff but working on it).

The guns are more useful at range than Gearing, I have no trouble starting fires.

Torp damage is low, but 69 sec reload is awesome.

6.4klm detection is also enough, I've hot hundreds of speed flags so at almost 40knots thats enough as well.

Its a JOAT DD, i like JOAT ships  :))

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

Well it's now a month after my initial post and I have just finished the grind to T10. Nothing stands out as absolutely fantastic and nothing stands out as horrid.

From a 'flavour' point of view compared to the other nation's DDs:

Japan  - Sushi  -  Careful preparation and put together with precision with many different variations on the single theme. The DDs have taken on different abilities since the split making each subtly different than the others. Like sushi they are best when care is taken with planning one mistake and everything comes undone.

USA  -  The Hamburger – As you go up the line you get more and more ingredients culminating in the two jewels the Gearing and Fletcher. Both excellent in their own way. Think Hamburger with the lot and the Fletcher having a side of chips while the Gearing has onion rings.

Russia – The Feast – Lashing of food, many courses, solid, filling and between every course is a toast & shot of fire breathing home-made vodka!  Like the feast there is nothing subtle about the Russian DD big brash and breathes fire!

Germany – Bratwurst – Sounds exotic on a menu, exciting when you order it but a disappointing when you get it. It’s just a plain bloody sausage! It’s filling and does the job and the DDs are similar. Big solid and able but they just don’t have the pizzazz of the other countries. Hydro is like a dash of chutney giving a brief burst of flavour however it is few and far between and only available on the higher tier ships.

The Conclusion,

I like the line it is solid and surprisingly good at anti DD work (even with short range hydro). It for me is also a lucky line as I tended to do quite well in pretty much all of them.

I keep all my DDs but for the sake of the topic the DDs I preferred were:

• T22
  • Maass
  • Z23
  • Z54

The only one I struggled to like was the Z-46. It seemed lacking compared to the Z23's 150mm punch and suffers from being matched up against T10 DDs for the majority of battles.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I'm up to the T-22 and... well I'm not liking it at all.  So far the one that surprised me the most was the V-170.  Enjoyed it immensely simply because of games like this:

Beta Testers
420 posts
4,110 battles
Ernst Gaede is a dream, Maass doesnt hold as well in its tier, but is pretty good. T-22 is a struggle without a good captain, and tier 2-4 are great with forward tubes... cant say anything for tier 8-10 yet.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
5,173 battles

V-25 is epic. G-101, not so much; it wasn't terrible, but after the utter joy of driving its predecessor, G-101 felt sluggish and unsubtle. I won my first battle with it, free exped the last bit of the way to V-170, and sold it. Never running it again. It will, forevermore, be a 100% win rate ship for me. :P

I might keep V-170 depending on how it feels. It seems a better ship than G-101, tier for tier, just from looking at the stats, but we'll see. I am, however, definitely planning on keeping Gaede, Maaß, and Z-23.

--Helms

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

v170 has been best DD   in my opinion.     but that could be due to low tier MM.     I am at Gaede and it is ok.   I will do a slow grind to t8 like I do on all the non CV line.

[FOXDN]
Beta Testers
1,029 posts
5,029 battles

You forgot an option for all of them. I love this line. ^^ The fact that they play different from all the other DDs in the game is something I REALLY think the game needed. Before the changes they where just a reskinned version of DDs already in the game. Now they are unique and demand a unique playstyle to do well in them. Its the first DD line that made me actively WANT the T10. 

But like I said, for me, the entire line is a keeper. ^^

Sign in to follow this