Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Please help me the MM is officially confirmed broken.

24 comments in this topic

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

Before you say something like it used to be worse or tell me to deal with it, take a look at this......

HZqMoXj.jpg

Yes that's a Bogue and a Saipan in the same match.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MM? ISN'T CARRIER MM +/- 1 TIER?!?!?!

I've never had this happen to me before, a CV 2 tiers up. It wasn't a fail div either, me and my div mate are both t5.....

Not the funnest match running from planes but at least it was better then some of the previous matches where my team all died immediately. At least I won. For once today .-.

0aBw86B.jpg

h9yi3I4.jpg

d4aE9cJ.jpg

I'm just so annoyed right now, between the MM being out to get me and the cancerous weekend teams leaving me with "You are our last hope" against over half the enemy team, it's like I'm not allowed to get above 50k damage with any ship....

Edited by Speedstang

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I could have sworn T5 CV could never see T7.

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,349 battles

Back in my day, Langleys and Kawachis fought Rangers and Nagatos.

kTvnl74.png

Triggered

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,250 battles

You do realize mm doesn't cater to divisions the exact same way it does to solo players, right? Both Bogue's are in divisions.......

[DO-IT]
Beta Testers
150 posts
11,393 battles

I'd place my bet that divisioning with a Kongou threw out what ever limits were in place for cv specific matchmaking.  Akin to the way taking a t4 with a t5 throws out the t5 limit of the tier 4 ship making it possible to fail div into a tier 7 match.  You can see the same result with your enemy Bogue, he wasn't solo, so their division also ignored the cv tier limit. Since both divs made that "mistake" you just so happen to match versus each other.  

With how rewards are higher if a lower tier ship damages a higher tier one, that's why you ended up ahead of the Saipan, if only by a little bit.

• Cool 1

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

I'd place my bet that divisioning with a Kongou threw out what ever limits were in place for cv specific matchmaking.  Akin to the way taking a t4 with a t5 throws out the t5 limit of the tier 4 ship making it possible to fail div into a tier 7 match.  You can see the same result with your enemy Bogue, he wasn't solo, so their division also ignored the cv tier limit. Since both divs made that "mistake" you just so happen to match versus each other.  

With how rewards are higher if a lower tier ship damages a higher tier one, that's why you ended up ahead of the Saipan, if only by a little bit.

Oh, that would explain it. Kinda ridiculous, but makes sense. Sigh.

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

I could have sworn T5 CV could never see T7.

I'm not sure, but the fact that a Bogue can see a Saipan is just stupid.:sceptic:

Honestly, that's like a 4 tier difference in plane performance.  :amazed:

The Saipan was the main reason they didn't include tier 7 in ranked IMO.  Yes, there are lots of good premiums at tier 7, but nothing is as hard to balance as that monstrosity....and it will be that way for every single premium carrier they decide to introduce.:great:

It is impossible to balance carriers in this game.  Now we want to make premium carriers.  Almost all of them will have to have some kind of gimmick a la Saipan, otherwise no one will bother buying them.  In other words, all of them will be either too strong, or almost worthless.  WG being a for-profit company, my money is on too strong.

Can't wait for more of them!

8u0UfSxt.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,168 posts
15,765 battles

You are in a division with a CV, expect to get hammered by the MM.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

The 1-1-0 loadout you used is the easiest mode to use in the game.

Half your spares are torpedo planes.

If you also had the dog-fighting expert selected, you also gain 47 + 40% (18.8) == 65.8 DPS per plane * 6 == 394.8 per flight

Saipan standard 3 plane fighter squad == 77 per plane and == 231 per flight.

So the Saipan needs TWO flights (both) to tackle your one fighter squad on a near equal footing.

Edited by AVR_Project

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,946 battles

MM is working as designed. There's a T7 carrier on each side, which balances, and there's a T5 carrier on each side, which also balances.

The fact that this makes life [edited]for the T5s doesn't make it broken in some special way (it's just stupid in the usual way).

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

You do realize mm doesn't cater to divisions the exact same way it does to solo players, right? Both Bogue's are in divisions.......

Both divs are T5 though, I don't think it's supposed to put T5 CV into a T7 match - could be a bug.

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

The 1-1-0 loadout you used is the easiest mode to use in the game.

Half your spares are torpedo planes.

If you also had the dog-fighting expert selected, you also gain 47 + 40% (18.8) == 65.8 DPS per plane * 6 == 394.8 per flight

Saipan standard 3 plane fighter squad == 77 per plane and == 231 per flight.

So the Saipan needs TWO flights (both) to tackle your one fighter squad on a near equal footing.

Thing is my Bogue captain doesn't have that skill. I never bothered with it because I never thought I'd be fighting T9 planes. I find the other 2 loadouts absolutely useless, so the 1-1-0 feels like the only logical choice.
Edited by Speedstang

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

I thought, at 2-4 it was only the +1/-1, at tier 5 its +2.   I don't know how many matches i've been in with a T5 and faced off with T7's or a siapan. Nothing has changed

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

I thought, at 2-4 it was only the +1/-1, at tier 5 its +2.   I don't know how many matches i've been in with a T5 and faced off with T7's or a siapan. Nothing has changed

​Carriers aren't +2, ever. as the other person pointed out it was because of my division.

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts
5,377 battles

Back in my day, Langleys and Kawachis fought Rangers and Nagatos.

Back in my day a CV named Shokaku help sink the USS Arizona.

Rest in Peace

Edited by King_Zacarias

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,946 battles

​Carriers aren't +2, ever. as the other person pointed out it was because of my division.

Pretty sure that's false. Either that, or my Lexington's planes keep getting shot down by imaginary Des Moines.

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

It's simple, CVs have the same MM as any ship with the exception they are always paired against an event CV of the same tier.

Since each team had two CVs, the game made two pairs. One pair of tier 5s, and one of tier 7s.

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

Pretty sure that's false. Either that, or my Lexington's planes keep getting shot down by imaginary Des Moines.

​To other CARRIERS, ships will be +2.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,168 posts
15,765 battles

Both divs are T5 though, I don't think it's supposed to put T5 CV into a T7 match - could be a bug.

It matches each CV against an enemy CV of the same tier.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

It matches each CV against an enemy CV of the same tier.

Yeah, it didn't come out right. What I meant to say is that I am not sure if MM is supposed to pair T5 and T7 CVs on the same team.

Sign in to follow this