Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OOM911

A intresting find regarding the Haifuri event?

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,709 battles

Now as we all know WoWs is going to be Collaborating with Haifuri.

Possible Ships we can get are.

Harekaze

Spee

Hiei

Musashi

Hiei's really just another Kongo (Literally the one we have on the main tree...) and probably one of the most popular ships in the game...

Spee we just got.

Musashi I highly doubt... due to the fact that it would require a new model... (technically the arp kongos also need one since they are based on the ACTUAL kongo but the difference isn't that noticeable.)

Harikaze is a Kagero.

But the most interesting one is Harikaze if you do your research...

Now I got curios and started digging... I went trough a lot of different things but the only Harikaze I could find was a Kamikaze class ship... So I started thinking it was a error with the translation... BUT they literally say the name in said show.... So I looked and the design and then went to the two designs that look the most like it. our Kagero, and Yagumo destroyers... Can't be a Yagumo due to it being a tier 9 a thought, so I went over to a random wiki to check on things the Kancolle wiki since they add things in order (or they tend to... Much like WoWs they won't if a name is taken.) Only one there was a Kamikaze... so I went to wiki itself and several other sites... couldn't find the name under ether one...

WHAT I DID FIND! 

Was a entry under the Kagero's for 3 destroyers who were project covers for the 3 Yamato class battleships... and this got me thinking, could the Harikaze from the show have been the cover project for the Musashi? After all ships don't tend to get there names until after they are built from what I know...

Just thought it was a interesting Part of history...

What do you guys think?

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

I heard about the whole Kagero cover up thing, a rather ingenious way to hide the construction of a ship in your budget

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

The Kongo model in game is Hiei not Kongo.

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

The Harekaze from Haifuri is a Kagero-class destroyer. It's a fantasy Kagero, that never existed in reality, but it's a Kagero nonetheless.

Though, what you found is an interesting thought/find.

Also, Takao, Chokai, and Maya made cameo appearances in the anime, so I'd say it's possible to see one of them as well if the collab allows it.

I just checked up on it, it's definitely got to be Takao.(or of the class)

Here Saki points out some findings on the hull designations for the show. Y denotes Yokosuka, and on the list are Y211 and Y212, Maya and Chokai. In your screenshot of the mystery ship, you caught the hull number Y209. Assuming that they're numbered somewhat chronologically from first ship built to last, then Y209 could be Takao, as she was the first of the 4 ships to be laid down and built.

Y209 could be Takao

Y210 could be Atago

Y211 is Choukai

Y212 is Maya

This is also assuming that the ship classes were constructed in the same order as they were in reality, meaning that the Takao-class would precede the Ibuki-class, so the Ibuki(s) would likely have a higher number on their hull(s).

All the evidence points to it being a Takao-class cruiser.

Here's how I identified that it was a Takao-class vessel.

VegSkgi.jpg

AMpyBEU.jpg

I've boxed up everything similar, or what I saw as the defining features. It's a bit tough to see the 4 port holes in the in-game picture(I apologize for my poor graphics) but they're there. To be honest, Lorenzo's screen cap was a bit more telling as it gave a better view of the flat face Takao's bridge tower has, without the parts of the command post in the picture, like the range finders and fire director on the top(plus it revealed the hull designation). Though, those helped to identify it as Takao as well in the above picture.

5wT55rr.jpg

But perhaps the most convincing piece of evidence is the hull designation.

Choukai and Maya are of the Takao-class, and the hull number on the mystery ship is Y209, exactly 4 numbers before Y212, Maya's hull designation.

Edit: And if I'm recalling the episode where they showed the ship correctly, I believe one character said a ship was undergoing repairs or something(making the ship currently un-serviceable) right before showing that mystery ship in the dock. Where as in the later episode where they named off the other 5 ships, they indicated that those 5 were ready to be deployed right away.

Also of relevance:

Kagero-classes (4) and Takao-classes (2):

JALy59x.jpg

You can see the two Takao-class ships in the background behind the Kagero-class DDs. Hull numbers Y211 and Y212, Maya and Chokai.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Beta Testers
642 posts

Now as we all know WoWs is going to be Collaborating with Haifuri.

Possible Ships we can get are.

Harekaze

Spee

Hiei

Musashi

Hiei's really just another Kongo (Literally the one we have on the main tree...) and probably one of the most popular ships in the game...

Spee we just got.

Musashi I highly doubt... due to the fact that it would require a new model... (technically the arp kongos also need one since they are based on the ACTUAL kongo but the difference isn't that noticeable.)

Harikaze is a Kagero.

But the most interesting one is Harikaze if you do your research...

Now I got curios and started digging... I went trough a lot of different things but the only Harikaze I could find was a Kamikaze class ship... So I started thinking it was a error with the translation... BUT they literally say the name in said show.... So I looked and the design and then went to the two designs that look the most like it. our Kagero, and Yagumo destroyers... Can't be a Yagumo due to it being a tier 9 a thought, so I went over to a random wiki to check on things the Kancolle wiki since they add things in order (or they tend to... Much like WoWs they won't if a name is taken.) Only one there was a Kamikaze... so I went to wiki itself and several other sites... couldn't find the name under ether one...

WHAT I DID FIND! 

Was a entry under the Kagero's for 3 destroyers who were project covers for the 3 Yamato class battleships... and this got me thinking, could the Harikaze from the show have been the cover project for the Musashi? After all ships don't tend to get there names until after they are built from what I know...

Just thought it was a interesting Part of history...

What do you guys think?

So when the show was currently airing and we were speculating about the ship, this includes a lot of the Kancolle and in general IJN turbo lovers and as far as we could be certain of no such ship ever was made. But she could still appear as her own unique ship especially since in the show she upgrades guns and other things she could be an entertaining mid tier IJN DD to play.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

This is purely speculative, but since we got a bunch of ARP ships from the ARP collab, I suspect the Haifuri content may come in the form of camos.

Sign in to follow this