Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Zeka

Optimal VMF DD Captain build in 0.6.0?

7 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,378 posts
14,206 battles

As I have stated on multiple occasions, I am a Destroyer main all day every day. My current VMF DD captain build goes as follows

Tier I: Basic Firing Training; no-brainer for ANY DD

Tier II: Last Stand and Expert Marksman, both also no brainers for DDs, EM for VMF DDs

Tier III: Superintendent: The extra smoke and Speed boost helps exponentially

Tier IV: Demolition Expert, Advanced Firing Training, Survivability Expert 

Tier V: None

Now for the Captain Skill rework, what do you think would be most beneficial skills to VMF DDs at the first two rows. Most other vital skills for DDs are now uptiered to III, so what skills can be opted for with the new skill calc? My theoretical build is linked HERE.Thoughts? Opinions? Mockery, even? Anything?

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,243 battles

After the captain skill rework I think the first 16 points are rather obvious...

Tier 1: PM

Tier 2: LS

Tier 3: BFT, SE, DE

Tier 4. AFT 

There is still an awful lot you can do with the last 3 points and I don't think there is any 1 right choice.  You could get another tier 3 skill, like super intendant, or pick one more tier 1 and tier 2 skill.  There are a lot of options there...

Priority Target would probably be the best choice for the second tier 1, but for tier 2, adrenaline rush, smoke screen expert or even expert marksmen could be good choices, although expert marksmen is less useful at tier 9 and 10.  So with all this in mind, if I had to set a build I would go...

Tier 1:  PT, PM

Tier 2: LS, AR

Tier 3: DE, BFT SE

Tier 4: AFT

*edit

After looking at your build...I'd only make a few changes.

1.  SE is more important than super intendant.  If you want Super Intendant that bad, drop PT and EM 

2.  If you have a 19 point captain, you are probably already at tier 9 or 10.  The Udaloi and Khaba have good turret traverse, so while EM is not bad, I'd probably pick a different tier 2 skill.   

Edited by yashma

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Udaloi/Khab don't need EM, even if they are using MBM3.

You could trade EM out for SSE, AR or JoAT, I think.

I would probably go with something like this

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/01000000000000010100111000001000

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,667 battles

No such thing as an "optimal build" in 0.6.0. It's a series of trade offs that you tailor to your playstyle.

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Members
198 posts
12,201 battles

Probably this build, i tend to play aggresivelly so i choose AR & PT instead of SI:

XFhsy7V.png

PS: My Khab captain has 18p since september last year so the 19p would be easy to get

Edited by GFischer

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

for me,   I would start with    PM or PT ,  LS,  DE,  AFT  as minimum.      then    add   RDF and  BFT.          Only time you risk higher russian DD is from surprise.    I find that I don't need SE   since I have high  health and long range shooting, where I   rarely get hit.   RDF should help against torps  so I am willing to lose vigilence.  (which I've been taking at 3rd level ability currently in all my DD)   this is why PT is also possibly useful.

Sign in to follow this