You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StringfelowHawke

Graf Spee and Santa's Convoys: Unrealistic Deadlines

77 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
28,510 battles

If Wargaming is going to extend "Santas Wanted" they should also extend the deadlines for "The Hunt for Graf Spee" and "Santa's Christmas Convoys."

Reason being?  Most people I'm running into are STILL waiting for a third task to magically appear in the missions so they can progress to the next step.  It's not readily apparent that all you have to do is repeat one of the two tasks available to get the third pip and unlock the final tasks and progress to the next. The instructions either in the news or within the game client fail to make this clear.  (As a UI/UX designer, I'm appalled by the way a lot of things in the game client work, but that's a topic for another day.)

It was a mistake.  Own it, Wargaming.  Give people more time to earn these delicious rewards!

• Cool 5

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,605 battles

So now they end on the same day.  What's wrong with that?

I can't even do them because I have midterms.

The average player will, at best, get to the Farragut or Budyonny mission. I've gotten farther, but I still have no chance of actually completing Santa's Christmas Convoys.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Waiting for something to "magically" appear is never a good call. It's been stated many times on the forums and it was even on the website announcement of the campaign. It was also very obvious that a task could/had to be repeated, as that is how all the previous campaigns have worked. 

[HINON]
Members
13,253 posts

But it is mentioned you can repeat them. From the news announcement page.

Campaigns in Brief

• Complete the tasks of the current mission to earn pins.
  • Unless otherwise specified, tasks and missions can be completed in Random and Co-Op battles. 
  • Once you earn enough pins for that mission, complete that mission's Final Task.
  • Once the Final Task is accomplished, you can move on to the next mission.

Click "View Tasks" to reveal the full task list. Pins rewards are repeatable, but other prizes are only given once. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,908 posts
20,907 battles

third task?!  You realize you can re-do a task, right?  If you don't, you can't complete the missions...

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

If Wargaming is going to extend "Santas Wanted" they should also extend the deadlines for "The Hunt for Graf Spee" and "Santa's Christmas Convoys."

Reason being?  Most people I'm running into are STILL waiting for a third task to magically appear in the missions so they can progress to the next step.  It's not readily apparent that all you have to do is repeat one of the two tasks available to get the third pip and unlock the final tasks and progress to the next. The instructions either in the news or within the game client fail to make this clear.  (As a UI/UX designer, I'm appalled by the way a lot of things in the game client work, but that's a topic for another day.)

It was a mistake.  Own it, Wargaming.  Give people more time to earn these delicious rewards!

honestly, my mind was in agreement with you, but this weekend has proved that I wil complete all missions

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

It's not readily apparent that all you have to do is repeat one of the two tasks available to get the third pip and unlock the final tasks and progress to the next.

:facepalm:

You can repeat tasks in every single campaign and could do this from the start. Not to mention that it's explicitly mentioned in the patch notes.

Beta Testers
147 posts
4,802 battles

Im probably a below average player and even i have manged to get to the last mission in the convoy. I dont even get to play that much. Didnt buy the Graf Spee either.

If you are stuck on getting the Graf Spee then you can still do it.

Edited by polarman

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Really, it was your mistake not to use the Search function on the forums AND not to read the patch notes.  This was addressed MANY times since the opening of literally all of the missions. 

I made the mistake not reading the patch notes but came on the forum after 24 hours. 

Comedy of errors.

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

I didn't buy the Graf Spee.

I unlocked it with the missions.

I finished the Tirpitz camo about 3 days ago now.

You can see it took me around 25 games / day

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,605 battles

I didn't buy the Graf Spee.

I unlocked it with the missions.

I finished the Tirpitz camo about 3 days ago now.

You can see it took me around 25 games / day

Not everyone is in the top 0.1% of the playerbase.
  • Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

Not everyone is in the top 0.1% of the playerbase.

The thing is, you can do the missions in coop too, where it's much easier to deal damage

[FLEX]
Beta Testers
275 posts
4,800 battles

I completed them last night...  a bit of a grind I had to put in a couple nights longer than I usually would.  But I finished way ahead of my expected time.

Not sure how people didn't figure out you had to repeat to complete...  simple math would lead you to that conclusion. 

[DOG]
Members
651 posts
17,109 battles

Hahahahahaha OP isn't very smart. WG wants people to buy the graf spee instead of earn it. They also want to be nice to people who can't afford to buy it since holiday time. Santa convoy will not be extended because then buyers wouldn't buy. You buy spee if you cant grind the convoy in 9 days. Busy people with money cant grind in 9 days. If you can't figure out to repeat one of the missions for the third pin..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I can't even as the millennials say.

There is nothing unrealistic here except OP's expectations.

Oh your not going to give WG anymore of your money.....ok WG doesn't care about you specifically. Silly consumer, you have no power here!

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,342 posts
12,359 battles

Took me a day to complete the Santa Convoys and 2 days for the Hunt for the Graf Spee. Not hard to do. Just pick the easiest tasks and do them over and over until the final tasks are available then complete it and rinse and repeat.

[WOLF5]
Members
488 posts
9,681 battles

The thing is, you can do the missions in coop too, where it's much easier to deal damage

The returns in xp and cash are much lower though. Since you can't reliably do those missions concurrently I expect it would take a much longer, nearly infeasible time to complete the campaign in co-op.  Don't know how anyone would be able to pull through that.