Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AphelionMarauder

Removing ships from the store

15 comments in this topic

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/you-were-askin-for-em/

I have one question, why?

It's not like they have to ship a disk to me in the mail so I have to install the ship to my game or something. It just sits in shop and gets purchased. I don't understand why they can't just have every premium ship available all the time. They would be able to make more money because they would have more items to appeal to more kinds of customers. To me, this just looks like they are cutting off there own head by limited the choices they offer players. 

And I don't get the whole "make room" thing. Its digital content! Your not stocking warehouses! And if the Premium Shop page is "to cluttered", then hire a better developer to fix it so it doesn't look like a rotting whale carcass then if that is how WG feels about it.

So is this just them doing something stupid or is there something intelligent behind it, because to me it looks like a bad move to cut off revenue streams.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It's artificial tampering of supply/demand. By taking things on and off the tech tree/premium shop it generates a level of interest that gets people to buy more ships since you don't know when/if ships will return to it.

• Cool 8

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

It's artificial tampering of supply/demand. By taking things on and off the tech tree it generates a level of interest that gets people to buy more ships with their doubloons since you don't know when/if ships will return to it.

23266068.jpg

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

It's artificial tampering of supply/demand. By taking things on and off the tech tree it generates a level of interest that gets people to buy more ships with their doubloons since you don't know when/if ships will return to it.

But hypothetically, if it never returns, WG just killed potential customers.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Nah  most everything returns unless it's considered OP and this ramps up the interest. They make more money with this model by encouraging players to grab it before it leaves the store again.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

If something were never returning they would say to get more people to buy it.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles

Nah  most everything returns unless it's considered OP and this ramps up the interest. They make more money with this model by encouraging players to grab it before it leaves the store again.

I guess, though I personally disagree with the idea or model, it has a merit to it.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

If something were never returning they would say to get more people to buy it.

And even if it were to return they'd probably say it wasn't anyway for the same reasons.........pretty sure there's a precedent floating around somewhere that indicates as much anyway.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

It will return

Just like

E25

KV5

Berlin 4

and several others

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Kamikaze won't return, so buy that.

Beta Testers
803 posts
5,058 battles

It will return

Just like

E25

KV5

Berlin 4

and several others

Still waiting for my Hype 59 to return. I own it on the console version but would like to complete my collection on PC as well.

Sign in to follow this