Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrEndeavour

Atlanta Shenanigans

9 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts
13,807 battles

Atlanta with T5 MM can be quite glorious

Had a player get a little upset at me because apparently the Atlanta shouldn't be fighting behind an island and instead should be fighting out in the open water I guess.

uiR5l3Q.jpg

37VgS2X.jpg

XbJ8B2V.jpg

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

Atlanta with T5 MM can be quite glorious

Had a player get a little upset at me because apparently the Atlanta shouldn't be fighting behind an island and instead should be fighting out in the open water I guess.

uiR5l3Q.jpg

37VgS2X.jpg

XbJ8B2V.jpg

Then that player is a moron :D.

I don't own an Atlanta, but I always approach one with caution because of their machine-gun firing.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

What ticks me off is that Atlantas can shoot down any aircraft they see, and can just fire over islands with impunity. IMO all Atlantas should have to play on Ocean :trollface:

Good game though.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

What ticks me off is that Atlantas can shoot down any aircraft they see, and can just fire over islands with impunity. IMO all Atlantas should have to play on Ocean :trollface:

Good game though.

Atlanta is better than you would think on Ocean. They have ~9.5km detection range, which is enough for them to go in 1-2 km behind allied DDs where they WTFBBQ enemy DDS, but are still at a dogeable distance from their own natural predators. The Atlanta driver just need the discipline to avoid shooting if they aren't shooting at DDs., or if they aren't absolutely positive that no CAs or BBs are paying attention to them.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

The Atlanta driver just need the discipline to avoid shooting if they aren't shooting at DDs., or if they aren't absolutely positive that no CAs or BBs are paying attention to them.

I can assure you, without fear of successful contradiction, that as soon as the opposition sees that meteor shower arcing across the sky, every BB and CA/CL within range will be paying intense interest in you!  :hiding:

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

I can assure you, without fear of successful contradiction, that as soon as the opposition sees that meteor shower arcing across the sky, every BB and CA/CL within range will be paying intense interest in you!  :hiding:

Definitely. But at ranges over 10 km the Atlanta can be pretty wiggly, and it vanishes if it stops firing while at that range. Ocean reduces the Atlanta to hit and run tactics, but it can hit and run since there are no islands that anything might be hiding behind. Ocean is all about exploiting detection ranges.

Sign in to follow this