Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ksaorsa

Help me decide...

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
51 posts
8,889 battles

I'm 63K away from the Yamato, 34K away from the Montana and 13K away from the Friedrich der Große. I'll only have enough credits to grab one of these. 

The NC is far and away my favorite ship (I have almost 850 battles in her) so I thought about finishing the grind to the Montana if it is just a better NC, however, I'm finding that the Izumo and Nagato are my two best ships, so I'm thinking Yamato might be worth the extra effort.

I like Bismarck, and I'm closest to the Friedrich der Große, but If I take that route, It would be a bit longer to my first Tier X.

What should I take and why?

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Why do you want a tier 10? What are you going to do with it? Are you hoping for Clan Wars and participating in that? It is hard to tell you which way to go if we don't know more about your plans.

The Yamato is a great tier 10. The Montana isn't considered quite as good. The FdG is a great tier 9. I find it generally more fun than the Iowa, but I like more aggressive play styles.

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
51 posts
8,889 battles

Why do you want a tier 10? What are you going to do with it? Are you hoping for Clan Wars and participating in that? It is hard to tell you which way to go if we don't know more about your plans.

The Yamato is a great tier 10. The Montana isn't considered quite as good. The FdG is a great tier 9. I find it generally more fun than the Iowa, but I like more aggressive play styles.

I mostly play for fun. I am very, very aggressive in my play style. I like the brawling type game play. I am not patient enough to play the cower and snipe meta. I thought it would be nice to have at least one Tier X, but I am not married to that idea. 

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I mostly play for fun. I am very, very aggressive in my play style. I like the brawling type game play. I am not patient enough to play the cower and snipe meta. I thought it would be nice to have at least one Tier X, but I am not married to that idea. 

Sounds like you should go with the FdG. But the Yamato is good too.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

Yeah sounds like Big Fred is the boat you want.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,320 battles

I like Montana more than Yamato. I don't have FDG yet. 

I do think Yamato is a bit more powerful in general that Montana, but to me, Montana performs better and is more fun. 

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
51 posts
8,889 battles

I like Montana more than Yamato. I don't have FDG yet. 

I do think Yamato is a bit more powerful in general that Montana, but to me, Montana performs better and is more fun. 

How closely does Montana compare with the NC?

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Sounds like you should go with the FdG. But the Yamato is good too.

Yeah sounds like Big Fred is the boat you want.

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

How closely does Montana compare with the NC?

If you go bow on in a Montana, you're pretty much a bow on North Carolina with the 16"/50 Mk 7 guns of the Iowa. Your faster than a North Carolina and get three more guns. You're armor is better . . . but you have an absolutely ridiculous raised citadel that the North Carolina does not have. Basically the Montana is a great ship except that that citadel just ruins it.

Sign in to follow this