Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WenegadeWaida

Help

8 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts

Should I get the kutuzov? The molotav? The graf spee (is it any good, what is it like)? I dont need huge guides, just a few sentences saying yeah..this is good because of..blah blah blah. Im noobish so i dont understand most of them and all the stats yet. 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

I'd go with the molotov. It doesnt rely solely on HE spam and has decent AP for broadsided cruisers. I wouldnt get the kutuzov for the sake of fun since it's just a fire spammer. If you like spamming fire then good for you, you'd like it. Graf, i dont know.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

If you are noobish, then don't go for any of them. All of these cruisers are very fragile and requires high level of awareness. In terms of shooting, don't get Graf Spee, her guns requires good marksmanship to land any shot at all.

Ships like Konig Albert, Aurora and Tirpitz suits you better.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[CK5]
Members
1,933 posts
23,502 battles

Molotov would probably be a frustrating ship for you.  It has terrific guns but has little armor and worse, terrible handling.  The Molotov will take a lot of practice and the one salvo deletions will drive you crazy in the meantime.  Go with something a little more forgiving like an Arizona or the Konig Albert. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Agree with the poster above, all of those (and cruisers in general) would be a bad choice if you're noobish. All of them are high risk-high reward ships.

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

Relative newbie here. I personally found BB's to be easy for me. They tend to be more expensive. If you have a nation you want to grind, getting a premium from that helps with captain training and retraining.

If you have cash to burn, go for what you like. If you want to spend cash wisely, figure out what kind of play you like, DD, CL/CA, BB and then buy premiums based on that. To decide what to buy, definitely check out the following thread by LittleWhiteMouse and lert. They cover almost all the premiums and give pros and cons.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58354-mouses-quick-summary-of-premium-ships/page__st__280__p__2724400#entry2724400

Don't forget to check out youtube videos of ships as well, both premium and tech tree. Just search on youtube for WOWS [ship name] and you should find at least one video, if not multiple. Definitely check out the videos on how to do things as well.

The Captain's Academy by iChaseGaming. Lots of good info there.

I find Mighty Jingles' videos entertaining, but he will admit he is not the top level player. He does showcase other people's games and talks about what went right and wrong and I found it very helpful.

If you like the USN BBs and RN cruisers, UrPeaceKeeper has great videos for those ships. Since I like the USN line, I keep an eye on his channel.

NoZoupforYou is another channel I keep an eye on as well. I have enjoyed his videos as well.

If you have questions, almost anyone here will be glad to help and point you in the right direction. You will occasionally run across a salty old timer, but just ignore them and concentrate on the great helpful people here.

Good Luck and Fair Seas

Edited by Kizarvexis

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Molotov, you will see lots of T8's due to MM issues (It sees T 5-8). It's got great guns, but squishy armor, so it has a rather high skill ceiling. If you practice with the Kutuzov, you may find your comfort zone, spamming HE from the safety of your cloud, and have more fun with it though, as you will see T 6-10 more evenly.

The Spee is not very good, and it's specially lackluster against tier 8's.

Edited by Excield

Sign in to follow this